CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #586 of 955
I just realized that I did CanJam in about 2 hours and saw everything but the lectures. Got in about 10:00AM and was done at 11:59AM. That's headphone demos at about 3 minutes each (mostly just trying for comfort since I could not work most of the sources), 2 amp demos with my own cans at 2 minutes each and the software surround simulator demo at about 5 minutes and finally the Riva demo at around 15 minutes. Also saw everything else.
I guess it can be done in a couple of hours. Although I wish I could have demoed headphones for longer with music at least. Also wish I would have not been intimidated to approach the Cavili table.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #587 of 955
  She just auditioned the Luminare at the Audeze stand and was asked what she thought of it.

Just post that in the eric65 thread.... he really thinks you are the only friend he has on HF. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #590 of 955
Great pictures Frank, thanks for sharing them.

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #591 of 955
Does anyone know when the Cavalli Carbon going to be released?

Apr 1, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #592 of 955
Hey All, 

It's time to announce the winner of the @Benchmark Media Systems DAC2! Congratulations to CanJam attendee, Alex S. It's time to experience HD sound. Thanks to everyone who entered, and to all of you who stopped by our booth at CanJam SoCal.

And the winner of the @Chord Electronics HUGO is Derek H. Thanks again to everyone who participated. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone again at CanJam Rocky Mountain!

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #594 of 955
First of all I want to thank Warren, Ethan, Jude, Joe, Event Staff, and Volunteers for a wonderful event. I had a great time listening to gear and hanging with friends both new and old. I brought my wife and everyone made her feel welcome and comfortable, I love this community. not much to post about gear most of it has been covered and all the pictures are great, I'll chime if I need to. Also, look for more impressions coming soon on Audio360.org

Jim

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #596 of 955
First of all I want to thank Warren, Ethan, Jude, Joe, Event Staff, and Volunteers for a wonderful event. I had a great time listening to gear and hanging with friends both new and old. I brought my wife and everyone made her feel welcome and comfortable, I love this community. not much to post about gear most of it has been covered and all the pictures are great, I'll chime if I need to. Also, look for more impressions coming soon on Audio360.org

Jim

Awaiting PRM impressions!

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #597 of 955
Wow, just read about that guy that won something and gave it to this little kid. That’s extremely awesome and just what I would have done, I kid you not. Judging by the prizes so far, had I won almost anything I would not have been able to use it anyway, so why keep it from someone who could use it? 

Of course I did not partake because if it weren't for bad luck I would not have any luck at all. Besides I could not have met the requirements anyway, if I wanted to.

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #598 of 955
Couldn't make it to Canjam (I'm thousands of miles away) but wonder if anyone could make comparisons of these portable amps:

Putting aside the spec sheets, any opinions of the Cavalli portables (in overall sound) to the iFi iDSD Micro?

And (may be a long shot) but did anyone hear both the Woo Audio WA8 and the ALO Continental Dual Mono? Also, are either of these tube amps comparable to the Cavalli and iFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back