CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #946 of 955
Apr 19, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #947 of 955
It was definitely tons of fun.  From the demo of EU's IEM switching tech, Nobles juicy Kaiser Line (i've tested them all), from OPPO's table (I ended buying both the PM-3 and HA-2), the HiFiMAN HE-1000 and all their gear, the Audeze el-8, the people from Final that flew all the way from Japan, and Riva Turbo X (one of the best surprise on the show).  Meeting Jude, Tyll, the guys at Noble, the panel on Saturday with measuring, just the people that I have rubbed elbows with checking their personal stuff like Frank Cooter and the rest of the members out there.  There's definitely a sense of camaraderie with in the community.  Even my friend who just got exposed to it finally turned to the dark side and bought his first MrSpeakers.

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #948 of 955
  If someone is near you and talking loudly, the M2 ANC should allow for moments of the sudden change in loudness.  If you were in a constant loud room with many people talking, then that maybe greatly muted with the M2.
If you were walking between exhibits with the M2 and suddenly someone yell out at you, you will hear it with the M2 on active.

Good point. I'm curious as to how well the M2 would work on a plane. I have a Sennheiser PXC450 today and while it does a good job of muting the drone of the engines it does very little to mute the crying kid across the aisle...

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #949 of 955

Good point. I'm curious as to how well the M2 would work on a plane. I have a Sennheiser PXC450 today and while it does a good job of muting the drone of the engines it does very little to mute the crying kid across the aisle...

I have now used the M2, 846 and P7 on 3 trips to Asia from NYC.  The P7 will no longer go with me on the next.  It isolates nothing and does not fit my head well over long periods of time.  Longer than an hour.
The musicality between the P7 and the M2 is close.  I would say in a quiet room, the M2 has better imaging but the P7 has better low end.  For me and headroom listening, imaging is more important.  For long trips, comfort trumps everything else.

Now in regards to isolation which is what you are more concerned over for planes, I prefer for these 16 hours flights the M2.  The 846 just does not lower the engine hum as well as the M2.  The hum is still audible, as is the occasional crying baby, but they are greatly muted to a level where I can enjoy true high end sound with my Chord Hugo.  It is the difference between elevator level music and good quality iPhone music with the M2 and Hugo versus music to past the time on a plane.

May 4, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #950 of 955
This is probably a bit late but, great show!  Someone listened to "Satan's Ice Cream Truck" and cranked the volume way too high on the Grace Design table before my turn, much to my amusement. Very kind fellow at the table (sorry, didn't get his name) offered to have me hear something more innocuous (Steely Dan). Great sound with the Sennheisers they had. 

A bit disappointed in the 'limited' choice of music, as was pointed out by other members.

No Barry Manilow and no Air Supply in any of the selections!!?? Major letdown!

May 4, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #951 of 955
Is it too early to post that Delta says its a hundred forty seven days till check in for my Denver trip to 2015 CanJam@RMAF?
yeah I know, wrong thread but 147 days til Denver. :D

May 5, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #953 of 955

The PM-2 and PM-3 are both really really good headphones at their price points.  I'm pretty impressed with both.

HERE HERE on the PM-3s!!!!

Lovin' em!! Review coming up...

Running them balanced right now via DHC cable and my ALO International+ OPT Edition - smokin!
Gotta get a pic if this lil' set-up 

Aug 31, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #955 of 955
Thanks Musica Acoustics. Mr. Dimitri brought our Esther to join the party. Did find her? Did you hear Esther?
wink_face.gif

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back