CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #766 of 955
Apr 4, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #767 of 955
  I think spelling ether with an "Ae" would have been much cooler considering their Alpha line starts with an A. However, I think that this allows Mr. Speakers to release an upgraded version of the ether named Aether =P

I think the big problem is that the vast majority of people do not know how to pronounce the "ae" letter.  They pronounce it like a long A when it should be pronounced like a long E.  Remember when the movie version of "Aeon Flox" came out?  That drove me CRAZY.

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #768 of 955

I think the big problem is that the vast majority of people do not know how to pronounce the "ae" letter.  They pronounce it like a long A when it should be pronounced like a long E.  Remember when the movie version of "Aeon Flox" came out?  That drove me CRAZY.

heh the 'ae' letter is dead just like latin... you can pronounce it anyway you like :) i really did love that movie AAAAeon flux :wink:

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #769 of 955
Is anyone still working on their impressions?  We're thinking of wrapping up the "Post-Your-Impresions" contest soon... maybe at the end of this weekend (11:59p Pacific on Sunday the 5th).  If anyone needs more time, please lemme know!  
smile.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #770 of 955
  I got to audition the upcoming Questyle QP1 for the first time at CanJam.  I saw it at CES back in Jan., but didn't get to hear it.  Although the QP1 shown at CanJam was a prototype, it sounded very good.  My headphone of choice for the audition was the Focal Spirit Professional (my personal fav.) because I know it is a neutral headphone.  The QP1 sounded very musical and engaging.  Vocals came through organically which is most important to me.  The UI wasn't finished but it was easy enough for me to pick up and use without asking questions.  So my brief encounter with the QP1 was very positive so I can't wait to see the production version.  Good work Questyle! 

It looks like they photoshopped the screen from the stock image of the iPod classic.

Apr 4, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #772 of 955
My impressions of the IEM offerings at CanJam:

http://theaudiotraveler.com/2015/04/03/canjam-socal-2015-part-2-in-ear-monitors/

Apr 4, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #773 of 955
I'm still writing up some impressions, @warrenpchi, but don't hold up the contest for me! The end ofbthe weekend sounds good.

Apr 4, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #774 of 955

BTW, I'm diggin the head-fi rubber bands I picked up at the show!

Apr 4, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #775 of 955
Great way to spend the weekend!

Apr 4, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #776 of 955
Quick question about buying during Canjam: say I was interested in the AK240SS, could one pay there and take a unit home?

Apr 4, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #777 of 955
Quick question about buying during Canjam: say I was interested in the AK240SS, could one pay there and take a unit home?

Drew from Moon Audio was there selling many of the products from vendors who were there...including Astell & Kern. A few of the vendors were selling direct as well...Riva X and Mr. Speakers come to mind. I don't recall anyone else with products you could take with you.

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #779 of 955
I'm still writing up some impressions, @warrenpchi, but don't hold up the contest for me! The end ofbthe weekend sounds good.

Hey, if anyone needs more time, we're happy to oblige.  We know that people have like jobs and stuff.  
smile.gif

Cagin, this varies widely.  For example, Sennheiser vigorously protects their dealers and does not compete with them in any way, so they don't sell at shows.  Others maintain a more cordial and informal relationship with the community and will sell at shows.  With respect to Astell&Kern, they have traditionally sold at our events and even offered show specials in the past, but I can't speak for them about London later in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back