CanJam Singapore 2024 Impressions Thread (April 6-7, 2024)
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #137 of 205
It's a very nice experience in CJ SG. Can see and feel most of the people support the event with their enthusiasm. Although i only stay around 5 hours there on Sunday but had tried most i wanted to tried. :relaxed: In the end, ordered Thieaudio Hype 10...waiting for it to be deliver.....
Did you try also the Prestige LTD, Monarch MKIII and V16 Divinity?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:37 AM Post #138 of 205
Dod you try also the Prestige LTD, Monarch MKIII and V16 Divinity?
Booth have many people only managed tried MKii, MKiii, Hype 4 and Hype 10 only. Hype 10 is my cup of tea. Can't elaborate more in details technical terms but i feel Hype 10 have subwoofer feel and treble is clear for me compare MKiii (maybe hype 10 using the test tips more suit me during testing compare MKiii that day).

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #139 of 205
Apr 9, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #140 of 205
Set aside being extremely Wow-ed by Immanis, there are several items that really attract me as well:

1.Melodic Artification Alter Ego
Highly engaging and musical pair of iem, combine with great treble detail, full body and sweet vocal, with punchy deep bass character. The soundstage width is satisfying but what amaze me is the 3D Depth presentation. There's a switch to change the sound character (a bit complicated switch that change the internal circuit). The results is more lively presentation, more energetic treble bite, bigger bass punch, and even wider soundstage.

For me the first switch suit Vocal, Jazz, and Audiophile stuff. The second switch is for rock n roll.

*Tried Alter Ego together with Jude, both of us shared similar impression and definitely impressed!

2. Meze Alba
Started as one of the most "unrecognized" item in the show? Perhaps because they just released Meze Liric II. Alba definitely punch way above its price, fluid and airy presentation, very smooth and natural vocal, wide soundstage. It's only USD 149 and already include the USB Dongle DAC!

P.s: No, it doesn't sound sibilant like Advar

3. ATH Narukami Set (Headphone and Amplifier)
I like Narukami Headphone more than W2022. Narukami set sound more fluid, sweet, relax but with good clarity and detail without ever create fatigue to my ears. Definitely suit songs with female vocal.

4. Softears Enigma
Really different sound sig than Turii Ti. Enigma is more to safe tuning and being Allround. Full Body tonality, wide soundstage, silky smooth treble, bass punch is good. Not as bright or as airy as Turii Ti, but Enigma has fuller and smoother notes.

5. ZMF Caldera Closed
Basically ZMF Caldera but with s little darker treble, more pronounce midrange anda bit warmer on low frequency. I like how some wood resonance involve in Vocal area create a sweeter experience than Caldera Open.

6. Soranic MEMS IEM
With their Topping Amp it sounds Very Airy, netral-bright character with fast lighting notes, clean vocal, and tight punchy bass. Then I tried with Cayin N7, and suddenly my impression changed. Now Soranic sound much sweeter and fuller, and most of peaky treble gone as well. Soundstage a little bit narrower, but more balance in tonality for me.

7. Lotoo Mjolnir
Gosh, sound so immersive. Close to neutral character, with good weight in each tones, very detail and clean, with big soundstage.

*For some reason I can't post a photo now through my smartphone, will post photos later.

Posting some photos:

2024_0407_12160900(3).jpg

2024_0407_11563100(3).jpg

2024_0407_13045000(2).jpg

2024_0406_13003100.jpg

2024_0406_09514100.jpg

2024_0407_12350000(3).jpg

2024_0407_10415000(2).jpg

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #142 of 205
something about your camera makes ZMFs looks stunning... great shots!

You can say shooting ZMF headphones is my passion lol (too bad now we no longer have gallery feature in Profile page, I used to post them all there)

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #144 of 205
300$! it should be a monster iem, cos at half the price; there are great offerings from Sound Rhyme, Myer-Audio, Penon, EPZ, etc. With similar configuration.
Sound and value can be quite subjective, so it's not uncommon for opinions to differ. Interestingly, the perception of price can also vary widely. For example, the guy sitting next to me thought it cost $700, while I thought it was closer to $400. Until the DUNU DaVinci is released and we have a chance to read more reviews, it might be challenging to accurately rate its performance and value.

I have never been disappointed by DUNU; they always deliver beyond my expectations. Let's hope they release the DaVinci soon so we can see how it stacks up!

Apr 9, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #145 of 205
It's one thing for an audiophile like me to speak of such things. But another for industry representatives to educate the public in regards to this matter.
Industry representatives are unbiased discussants of the science?? No, I want to see scientific data that disproves the null hypothesis (i.e., the idea that cables make no difference in digital transmission).

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #146 of 205
Industry representatives are unbiased discussants of the science?? No, I want to see scientific data that disproves the null hypothesis (i.e., the idea that cables make no difference in digital transmission).

Let's keep this thread on-topic about CJSG24 instead. I talked to @Rob Watts and he'll have his presentation available on his blog in the upcoming weeks. We can spin off a separate thread about this. All I can say is that his presentation was honest and enlightening. I only wish someone video-ed it.

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #147 of 205
For those who tried Melodic Artification Alter Ego, can tell if its semi-open design affects ambient noise isolation negatively??

The EXT is exceptionally well insulated throughout and is a semi open, I expect it to be a similar case, isolating outside noise is something important to me :)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #148 of 205
anyone tried the Noble Fokus Triumph TWS?

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #149 of 205

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #150 of 205

Users who are viewing this thread

Back