CanJam Singapore 2024 Impressions Thread (April 6-7, 2024)
Apr 8, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #121 of 205
Apr 8, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #122 of 205
It is 399 usd retail price from linsoul to be launch on 10th April worldwide according to the rep.
Quite a bit more than similar configs, interesting. They must be confident.

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #123 of 205
Based on what I dig, this should be the SR-001 series .
Yeah that’s what I thought as well. Was surprised to see this as those are from the 90s if I remember correctly. Wish they stuck with this color looks far prettier

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #124 of 205
Quite a bit more than similar configs, interesting. They must be confident.
It does sound really good. I’m using it on the daily basis for the past 3 days. To me it’s kinda the alternative to variation at similar price point with a touch less lower mids and bass, more controlled bass impact, bigger sound stage, less body in the mids and alittle more highs.

For my genre of music they are pretty good.

Yeah that’s what I thought as well. Was surprised to see this as those are from the 90s if I remember correctly. Wish they stuck with this color looks far prettier
I have to agree haha. Colour scheme wise this looks really cool

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #125 of 205
It does sound really good. I’m using it on the daily basis for the past 3 days. To me it’s kinda the alternative to variation at similar price point with a touch less lower mids and bass, more controlled bass impact, bigger sound stage, less body in the mids and alittle more higher.

For my genre of music they are pretty good.
Sounds like a good get!

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #127 of 205
Apr 8, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #129 of 205
Why do you call yourselves watercooler guys?

:thinking: If I had to guess... I'd say it's because we post in a certain thread, and the name of that thread is The Watercooler?

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #130 of 205
This isn't a product review as much as a more general summation of my thoughts after attending my first CanJam. So for someone who's been out of the game for about 5 yrs, just coming back, I have to say I'm highly shocked and impressed at many different facets of industry and hobby. After moving back to Australia from my more active 2011 - 2019 years in Japan, this show has made me feel like a yesteryear with a 5-year lost generation gap in between.

Technology and Sonics
I didn't think that this the technology and the fidelity could get any better but now I feel I have to start (almost from) scratch. Over the course of the 2 days I listened to a few IEMs ranging from Dita's Project M, Canpur's CP622B & 74E, Subtonic Storm, Symphonium Titans & Crimson, Unique Melody's Multiverse Mentors, Eminent Ears Ruby, FitEar MH335ht, USound Mems (single driver prototype?) and many others. EST in IEMs were somewhat in their infancy over 7 yrs back, but now further incorporated bone conduction too. Whilst this isn't a shocker for most close to the technology and in this industry, for me it was the ability of the makers to integrate these different technologies together with traditional BAs and DDs with seamless crossovers to produce a smooth continuous cohesive sound signature.

The sonics produced are wholesome, vast in breadth, depth and height, precise, articulate and detailed yet smooth without sounding harsh. In the "yesteryears" such level of sonics would command premium prices however I found them to be quite reasonably priced. Even simple/humble technologies employed by the Project M can bring top notch quality at affordable prices - thereby bringing high quality fidelity within the reach of the average consumer.

The CanJam Show itself and its Organisation
Whilst I've not been to any other CanJams, I have attended many of the Japanese shows. To me, CanJam has brought a lot of the brands on more equal level on the playing field. As a consumer, I feel a more objective suite of choices available to me. Furthermore, having only a very tiny little glimpse to the backend workings of the CanJam team, all I have to say is that I simply admire their dedication, attention to detail, impeccable structure to the planning and organisation of a complex event with so many moving parts. They have truly brought a fantastic and top quality show not only to the consumers, fans, and Head-Fi members but also for the exhibitors, distributors, retailers, & manufacturers.

Seriously a big kudos to the CanJam team. I am so glad that I got to meet and spend time with them.

IMG_7376.JPG

Closing Notes
Despite taking many pix, mine won't do any justice to the many countless that others have left here. Instead I'll just leave these two pix which don't require any words to describe the experience.

IMG_9170.jpeg
IMG_9176.jpeg

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #132 of 205
Haven't been to Singapore in many years... I remember how clean the island is and the food was so great.... some of the most beautiful women in the world... anyway glad to see you all had a great time...

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #133 of 205
.... some of the most beautiful women in the world...
Not too sure about that last point though haha.. welcome to the island!

Pity I was tied down with work + was wife's birthday so I had no excuse running off by myself to Canjam. Did end up shopping online, ordered the Code 24 and finally the IER-Z1Rs haha.. Shall patiently wait for the next one~

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #134 of 205
Good food, clean streets, beautiful women. I'll take two sets of that, please.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:18 AM Post #135 of 205
Why do you call yourselves watercooler guys?
If you like good gossip about IEMs then you too are watercooler guy in Head-fi
:thinking: If I had to guess... I'd say it's because we post in a certain thread, and the name of that thread is The Watercooler?
He may never have come across it so here goes:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ex-on-first-page-all-welcome.957426/page-5725

Visit at your own risk! :wink:

drftr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back