CanJam Singapore 2024 Impressions Thread (April 6-7, 2024)
Apr 6, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #61 of 205
Obviously I need to improve on my blending in skills. 🥷🏻

Hope you guys are doing good yourselves!

You know us, always keeping busy!

The Alba comes packaged with a USB dongle DAC (that I think supports up to 32/384), and I think it's expected to retail for around $149 (USD).

That's a very nice price for the kit. :smiley:

ngl, I kinda want that leather dish. :smiley:

For everybody wanting impressions, here's an hour of them! :smile:

I like his shirt! 🥰

Apr 7, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #62 of 205
MEMS Speakers presentation starting now in Ocean 6 Lvl 2

IMG_9188.jpeg

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #64 of 205
I see little talked about this but a new company called Eminent Ears (by Travis Chan) from Hong Kong has come up with a little captivating gem called Ruby (no pun intended).

The 1x DD, 4x BA, 4x EST 5-way crossover is surprisingly coherent across board (to my aging ears). I enjoyed the wholesome signature presented in a wide & deep soundstage with plenty of headroom. It’s articulate & detailed but maintains a consistent smoothness apparent in the upper mids range. Being sensitive to the upper range this was pleasant without being peaky.

The DD creeps in with a slight texture in the layering of the deep bass. At least to my ears, there’s very little bleed, if any.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the Ruby’s. And the price is quite a reasonable USD$2300. They’re not in production yet but expect to release next month some time.

IMG_9181.jpeg

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #65 of 205
And another CanJam comes to a close. 😢

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #66 of 205
visited Fatfreq and glad to see guys!

also found BQEYZ - Wind an interesting IEM with hybrid dynamic and bone conduction. did not expect how it sounded so much so i got one.

Quentin cable sounds fab!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #68 of 205
I don't understand for which reason but some reviewer shared impressions in the "The discovery thread" or in the watercooler thread instead of here. Doesn't make sense to me.
Doesnt shock me, especially here. Lotta Head-fiers share to those they talk to most in certain thread camps. You be shocked how many dont even look at the show posts AT ALL. Many talk amongst themselves on certain threads and in the DMs about Canjams...and if your arent on those threads you'd never know many impressions out there . BUT--theyre out there...trust me.

I didn't know about this new IEM from Meze until the show. It's called the Meze Audio Alba, "Alba" being a poetic Romanian word meaning "first light." The Alba comes packaged with a USB dongle DAC (that I think supports up to 32/384), and I think it's expected to retail for around $149 (USD). First impressions: Tonal balance is on the more neutral side, there's some sparkle up top, and it resolves nicely. I listened first, and was very surprised when they told me the price. I believe the Alba is a single driver design -- a single dynamic driver per side.

Even though Meze was giving away the nicest MMCX removal tool I've yet used for free (which I mentioned in an earlier post), they've gone to the more common two-pin IEM cable ear-side termination for the Alba.

I don't know exactly when they're releasing the Alba, but I think it's going to be soon.

IMG_2407.jpeg

IMG_2404.jpeg

IMG_2422.jpeg
all I can think about right now is Jessica ALBA lol!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #69 of 205
Any Cayin n3 ultra impressions? Please!

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #70 of 205
I see little talked about this but a new company called Eminent Ears (by Travis Chan) from Hong Kong has come up with a little captivating gem called Ruby (no pun intended).

The 1x DD, 4x BA, 4x EST 5-way crossover is surprisingly coherent across board (to my aging ears). I enjoyed the wholesome signature presented in a wide & deep soundstage with plenty of headroom. It’s articulate & detailed but maintains a consistent smoothness apparent in the upper mids range. Being sensitive to the upper range this was pleasant without being peaky.

The DD creeps in with a slight texture in the layering of the deep bass. At least to my ears, there’s very little bleed, if any.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the Ruby’s. And the price is quite a reasonable USD$2300. They’re not in production yet but expect to release next month some time.

IMG_9181.jpeg
Will they be available as ciem?

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #72 of 205
Tried the Soriank Xmems iems, and they were the absolute highlight of the show, stages and images incredibly
Staging and imaging is exceptional. It's also a Soranik trademark. I also live the speed and treble.

Apr 7, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #74 of 205
I didn't know about this new IEM from Meze until the show. It's called the Meze Audio Alba, "Alba" being a poetic Romanian word meaning "first light." The Alba comes packaged with a USB dongle DAC (that I think supports up to 32/384), and I think it's expected to retail for around $149 (USD). First impressions: Tonal balance is on the more neutral side, there's some sparkle up top, and it resolves nicely. I listened first, and was very surprised when they told me the price. I believe the Alba is a single driver design -- a single dynamic driver per side.

Even though Meze was giving away the nicest MMCX removal tool I've yet used for free (which I mentioned in an earlier post), they've gone to the more common two-pin IEM cable ear-side termination for the Alba.

I don't know exactly when they're releasing the Alba, but I think it's going to be soon.

IMG_2407.jpeg

IMG_2404.jpeg

IMG_2422.jpeg
These were fantastic, can’t wait for the release!

Apr 7, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #75 of 205

Users who are viewing this thread

Back