CanJam @ RMAF 2018 Impressions (Oct 5-7, 2018)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #61 of 326
Cayin is sorry for unable to attend the RMAF for various reasons, but we want to thank Final Audio and Meze Audio (@MezeTeam) for using our DAP and amplifier to demo their headphones at RMAF. Without their support, we'll miss this important event completely,

The N8 DAP is our recently announced flagship DAP, we had demonstrated an engineering prototype at CanJam London 2018 and we have the production version fresh from our first production batch at RMAF.

HA-300 with Final Audio D8000
RMAF2018 01.jpg

N8 DAP with Final Audio D8000
RMAF2018 06.jpg

N5iiS DAP with Final Audio IEMs E2000, E3000, E4000, E5000
RMAF2018 03.jpg

N8 DAP at Meze Audio booth.
RMAF2018 07.jpg

N8 DAP with Meze Empyrean
RMAF2018 08.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 6, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #64 of 326
is Final Audio there ? I will be interested if anybody could tell me how final-audio-sonorous-x sound.

final-audio-sonorous-x.jpg

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #66 of 326
"Can someone do a comparison of HE1000SE and Ether 2? Any input would be appreciated, thanks."

Take my impressions with a bucket of salt as I would rate my ears a solid 3. :)

Here are the cans I can remember listening to:

HiFiMan:
HE400i
HE6se
HE1000V2(I think, not the SE)
Shangri-La Jr (I think)

Sennheiser:
HD660s
HD800s

Audeze:
LCD-3
Mobius

Mr Speaker:
Ether 2
Aeon Flow open back

Fostex:
T60RP
TH610
TH900
TH909

Focal:
Clear
Elear

Spirit:
Ragnar (I think)

I'm willing to offer up my B.S. opinion on any of them. However, I will say that as things got louder in the hall, the closed back cans sounded significantly better than the open back cans.

The surprise of the bunch for me was the HE400i at the Schiit booth. It was a thoroughly enjoyable and comfortable set of headphones.

My favorite headphones were probably the Ether 2. Three vendors had the Ether, Mr Speaker of course, Schiit, and Moon Audio. However, I found the Focal Clear to be a very close second, and the Aeon Flow not far behind.

Someone asked about the Ether 2 versus the HE1000SE. I think that I listened to the V2, not the SE, but I found all of the higher end HiFiMan headphones to be unremarkable and thoroughly forgettable. Maybe that's a good thing, and maybe that's a bad thing. I can't say. Also, it's hard to compare since they weren't compared on the same equipment. Not sure if that helps any at all. What I found in the Ether 2 was a really good all-rounder. Nothing stood out to me as being over emphasized, and the bass was solid, but not forward.

At the end of the day, I really want to listen to the HE400i again as I KNOW that I need better presentation gear(amp/DAC) and they are readily available at a good price. After that, I'd have a real hard time deciding between the Elear and the Aeon Flow, but I think the Aeon Flow open back cans were a touch more comfortable, but the Elear sounded better.

But, if I had the money, I'd get the Ether 2 all the way.

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #67 of 326
Oct 6, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #68 of 326
Thanks all for your pictures and impressions.
Sounds like most folks either 1) aren't there and want impressions, or 2) are there and it's too loud to offer listening impressions.

The one clear reco I read was from @rockcrusher for the HE-400i ... :)
Any impressions on the Sennheiser HD-820? The one can in which I'm currently interested. Thanks in advance.

Here's hoping the elevators work tomorrow!

Oct 6, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #70 of 326
Elegia. Same comfort as utopia, digs right into the top of my pointy head, soft pads. Mids, male vocals, sounded a little congested to me. Utopia, made 10 stock cables and blind tested. Wire is sommer, but custom to focal. Lemo connectors, the black ones, are expensive.
Listening to the Eligia at TTVJ later, quietly in the hallway, though iPhone, and with a beer, and it sounds better! I would call it a little warm; others may not. Maybe it’s a bit thick, but my closed back is the ether c. For some reason (beer) the headband wasn’t uncomfortable.

Oct 6, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #71 of 326
I did not know you are now a member of the trade Keith. Congratulations !!!
Yeah. New thing. I run the place now. Not really. I take out the garbage.

Oct 6, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #72 of 326
Want to hear some impression about the Sony DMP-Z1 please.

Oct 6, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #73 of 326
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back