CanJam NYC 2024 (March 9-10, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #256 of 726
Did Zach confirm it'll be there? This one is definitely the thing I'm most excited to hear!

nothing new, just recalling @zach915m mentioned a couple of times in past threads he hopes to have the prototype of the Caldera Closed at CanJam NYC.

I'm super excited to try it. waiting patiently 😉

Jan 23, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #257 of 726
nothing new, just recalling @zach915m mentioned a couple of times in past threads he hopes to have the prototype of the Caldera Closed at CanJam NYC.

I'm super excited to try it. waiting patiently 😉
I recall Zach saying the same and he posted it (or eluded to it in such a manner) in another thread, can't remember which one though.

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #259 of 726
If they REALLY wanted to make noise it would be a ~$6k HE-1 Junior, minus the crazy marble amplifier. That would get some serious press.
Sennheiser would have very serious competition in this price range with the Warwick Acoustics Somona Model One, a very good electrostatic headphone system.

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #260 of 726
Got my CanJam ticket, my Amtrak ticket (coming from Salem, MA), and my hotel reservation (at the Marriott Marquis). Let the countdown begin!

I'm thinking of walking to Audio46 after I check in on Friday. Has anyone done this before? Is it a good way to demo some gear before the show? The two headphones I'm most interested in (potential purchase) are the Abyss Diana MR and the Meze Empyrean II. Audio46 carries both of them, and I know each model will be extremely popular (read: long lines) at the show.

Jan 25, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #261 of 726
Got my CanJam ticket, my Amtrak ticket (coming from Salem, MA), and my hotel reservation (at the Marriott Marquis). Let the countdown begin!

I'm thinking of walking to Audio46 after I check in on Friday. Has anyone done this before? Is it a good way to demo some gear before the show? The two headphones I'm most interested in (potential purchase) are the Abyss Diana MR and the Meze Empyrean II. Audio46 carries both of them, and I know each model will be extremely popular (read: long lines) at the show.
When I attended in 2022, I dropped by Audio46 after lunch on Friday in the hopes of auditioning the Solitaire P. Unfortunately, it was already packed up for the show. Also, both listening stations in the rear were occupied, although I did get to listen to the Meze Liric on my phone and a small portable amp at the front counter. The bottom line is I'd strongly recommend contacting them in advance about what (and when) you'd like to audition!

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #263 of 726
Sound advice. I'll do that a little closer to the date. I'll probably go even if I can't audition them. I'm originally from VT, so to me a brick 'n' mortar audio store is like a jackalope: sure, it looks good on a t-shirt, but are they really out there?
Oh they are, and they're a short walk from the Marriott Marquis.

Jan 25, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #264 of 726

Excellent idea and will work
Lots of CanJam converge there Friday so it can get (fun) packed
You may want to perhaps drop there early morning

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #265 of 726
Man, I'm going to miss everybody at CanJam NYC. Maybe SoCal. We'll see.

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #266 of 726

Highly recommend Audio46, they are super nice folks and I'm definitely spoiled since I live a few blocks from them. Gotten great deals too as a frequent customer. I try to get all my gear from them first if they have it in stock, gotta support those brick and mortar stores!

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #267 of 726
I've been hoping to hear the following, if anyone would be kind enough to bring and let me demo...

- Symphonium Meteor
- Nightjar Singularity
- Oriolus Szalayi
- Xenns Up / Top

I'll have the Kinera Norn for anyone interested in hearing that, just bring tips (wide bore recommended).
Musicteck should have the Szalayi and Linsoul the Xenns. I'll probably bring some Penons (Legend, Serial, Quattro, Fan2) and Technics EAH-TZ700 since I doubt anyone will be exhibiting them. After only attending one day the past two Canjams I'm making both days a priority. Can't wait!

Jan 25, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #268 of 726
Musicteck should have the Szalayi and Linsoul the Xenns. I'll probably bring some Penons (Legend, Serial, Quattro, Fan2) and Technics EAH-TZ700 since I doubt anyone will be exhibiting them. After only attending one day the past two Canjams I'm making both days a priority. Can't wait!

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #270 of 726
I've been hoping to hear the following, if anyone would be kind enough to bring and let me demo...

- Symphonium Meteor
- Nightjar Singularity
- Oriolus Szalayi
- Xenns Up / Top

I'll have the Kinera Norn for anyone interested in hearing that, just bring tips (wide bore recommended).
I’ll have the Szalayi with me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back