CanJam NYC 2022 (February 26-27, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #316 of 619
Hmm How to convince my wife I need to go to NYC for two days at the end of February....
Buy her an Abyss ab-1266 with the stack
Hmm How to convince my wife I need to go to NYC for two days at the end of February....

my wife is coming with me together with our 8-year old son. Her friend will also be coming albeit on a different transportation. They will just tour NY and will just accompany me. This would be our third time in NY and we have to travel hours just to get there.

NY has so many great places that they will enjoy with (and you).

You won't regret it. :xf_cool:

Feb 15, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #318 of 619
Can I highly recommend a most excellent brunch place?

Quality Italian on 57th St and 6 Ave. There is never a line for brunch, the service is top notch, and their steaks are crazy good. Don't be fooled by the unimpressive name, the food absolutely impresses.

Get the chicken parm pizza. It's not a pizza, just chicken parm shaped like one. Widely considered the best chicken parm there is - and my favorite chicken parm ever.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #320 of 619
That's it, now I need to buy a kilt for next weekend.
Get this one:
1644942395169.png

Ignore the user error, who chose to hang a beer stein instead of a pair of headphones! :laughing:

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #322 of 619
Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #323 of 619
Get the chicken parm pizza. It's not a pizza, just chicken parm shaped like one. Widely considered the best chicken parm there is - and my favorite chicken parm ever.
And the corn creme brulee. Shockingly good.

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #324 of 619
TOOL is playing Saturday 26 at Prudential Center NJ, I know what I'm doing after CanJam :wink:

maynard-james-keenan-tool.gif

Feb 16, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #327 of 619
Feb 16, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #328 of 619
Are we allowed to bring snacks or water to enter (of course not eating or drinking around the equipments), plan to attend my first CanJam sorry if that question have already brought up before.
Yes, it's ok to bring along in a backpack or sealed container. We will have a lounge/seating area right in the middle of the ballroom for people to rest and recharge.

And I'll add, one or two floors up -- accessible via the escalator behind the CanJam check-in desk -- is this huge atrium with three or four restaurants at the far side of this open space. I usually like to have a seat at the bar along the side wall and have a bite to eat and drink at least one of the two days I'm there.

_IGP9034-2.jpg

Feb 16, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #329 of 619
And I'll add, one or two floors up -- accessible via the escalator behind the CanJam check-in desk -- is this huge atrium with three or four restaurants at the far side of this open space. I usually like to have a seat at the bar along the side wall and have a bite to eat and drink at least one of the two days I'm there.

_IGP9034-2.jpg

That would be the 8th floor (with hotel registration). I believe that the CanJam NYC will be on the 6th floor.

Feb 16, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #330 of 619
Who was I fooling?! Flights and hotel - booked!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!
Joe - please badge me :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back