CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #271 of 949
I think you know the answer.
Well, I did book the last flight out on Sunday. That means despite being in SoCal only Sat. night - I get to have dinner with my buddies on Sunday as well :)

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #272 of 949
Sounds like Ramen and burgers on the menu. Need all that food to fight off any buying urges!
Hakata Ikkousha, Bristol and Paularino South of South Coast Plaza.
A solid longtime Japanese ramen joint. Usually 4 to 4.5 out of 5 imo. Ramen and karage fried chicken.

Although for karage, head south on bristol to baker for Tenkatori Karage. All they do is Japanese boneless fried chicken and the best in the area.

Anjin Japanese bbq wagyu next to Ikousha, 4.5/5.

Although The Best bbq wagyu in OC would still be a drive away to Tsuruhashi 5/5 in fountain valley, Brookhurst south of Ellis. SERIOUSLY delicious! Lighter grilled meat on a stick, sushi and other authentic Japanese dishes north of Ellis and tsuruhashi at Kappo Honda 5/5. Good place for drinking and chatting late, too.

Ramen Zetton, Baker west of Bristol.
Typically 4/5, but they have other side dishes and dishes to try, so not just ramen. Salads and such.

Santouka Ramen, inside Mitsuwa supermarket on Paularino east of Bristol. 4/5.

But if you're there, Gyutan Tsukasa bbw beef tongue is a must try!
(Seriously delicious) 5/5

Can't handle beef tongue but can handle roast beef or steak?
Lawry's Calvary roast beef inside South Coast Plaza. Sour cream, dash of Lawry's seasoning and you'll be ga ga. 5/5
Or steak, Morton's sitting in the south coast plaza north parking lot. Seriously, seriously amazing steaks. 5/5

Umami Burger, Bristol south of Baker.
If not the busy as a bumblebee In n Out's 5/5 so famous in SoCal.

Umami is next to Milk & Honey - acai bowls, yogurt and granola, Jasmine coffee. Really good for a lighter breakfast.

Across the street and one block north (or across from Ikousha ramen), Uroko Cafe for healthy poke bowls, and a selection from a ton of toppings. 4/5.

If you'll want seafood, gonna need to travel up to Tustin where they have the Crab Cooker. 5/5 Delicious red chowder, grilled fish, scallops, shrimp. Yummy crab cakes.

Italian, the old spaghetti factory, balboa peninsula. 5/5.

Urp! I've been eating out a ton on past years... =D

Jun 23, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #273 of 949
Hakata Ikkousha, Bristol and Paularino South of South Coast Plaza.
A solid longtime Japanese ramen joint. Usually 4 to 4.5 out of 5 imo. Ramen and karage fried chicken.

Although for karage, head south on bristol to baker for Tenkatori Karage. All they do is Japanese boneless fried chicken and the best in the area.

Anjin Japanese bbq wagyu next to Ikousha, 4.5/5.

Although The Best bbq wagyu in OC would still be a drive away to Tsuruhashi 5/5 in fountain valley, Brookhurst south of Ellis. SERIOUSLY delicious! Lighter grilled meat on a stick, sushi and other authentic Japanese dishes north of Ellis and tsuruhashi at Kappo Honda 5/5. Good place for drinking and chatting late, too.

Ramen Zetton, Baker west of Bristol.
Typically 4/5, but they have other side dishes and dishes to try, so not just ramen. Salads and such.

Santouka Ramen, inside Mitsuwa supermarket on Paularino east of Bristol. 4/5.

But if you're there, Gyutan Tsukasa bbw beef tongue is a must try!
(Seriously delicious) 5/5

Can't handle beef tongue but can handle roast beef or steak?
Lawry's Calvary roast beef inside South Coast Plaza. Sour cream, dash of Lawry's seasoning and you'll be ga ga. 5/5
Or steak, Morton's sitting in the south coast plaza north parking lot. Seriously, seriously amazing steaks. 5/5

Umami Burger, Bristol south of Baker.
If not the busy as a bumblebee In n Out's 5/5 so famous in SoCal.

Umami is next to Milk & Honey - acai bowls, yogurt and granola, Jasmine coffee. Really good for a lighter breakfast.

Across the street and one block north (or across from Ikousha ramen), Uroko Cafe for healthy poke bowls, and a selection from a ton of toppings. 4/5.

If you'll want seafood, gonna need to travel up to Tustin where they have the Crab Cooker. 5/5 Delicious red chowder, grilled fish, scallops, shrimp. Yummy crab cakes.

Italian, the old spaghetti factory, balboa peninsula. 5/5.

Urp! I've been eating out a ton on past years... =D
Awesome gouge, thanks! :beerchug:

Well, I did book the last flight out on Sunday. That means despite being in SoCal only Sat. night - I get to have dinner with my buddies on Sunday as well :)

You don't wanna miss what's probably gonna be the social event of the season!

Jun 24, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #274 of 949
Time to man up, and go for a juicy burger!!
Last CanJam, before humanity collapsed (SoCal 2019) - I went with @NovaFlyer and @Watagump to The Counter.

I think you forgot to mention my amazing airport ride service, I didn't even get a star from you, that's just mean.

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #275 of 949
I think you forgot to mention my amazing airport ride service, I didn't even get a star from you, that's just mean.
Best things are best kept a secret, so the crowds do not rush in and spoil them...
(I cannot compete with dozens begging for a ride to the airport in the golden Chevy :wink:)

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #276 of 949

Twizzlers in the glove comp!!!

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #277 of 949
@Watagump Twizzlers ride:

1624559404478.png

Even got a Twizzlers dispenser inside:
1624559456871.png

Jun 24, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #278 of 949
Just a little heads up for folks coming in. September is normally one of the hottest months of the year. It can easily be in the high 90's, heck we have had 90's in November here. So if you have ugly legs and plan to wear shorts, please work on your tan. :wink:

Jun 24, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #280 of 949
Just a little heads up for folks coming in. September is normally one of the hottest months of the year. It can easily be in the high 90's, heck we have had 90's in November here. So if you have ugly legs and plan to wear shorts, please work on your tan. :wink:
Maybe it's time to buy myself a kilt... :thinking:
I wish @third_eye would sell official CanJam kilts (in addition to T shirts) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back