CanJam NYC 2019 (February 16-17, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #512 of 884
I would wait until the show. All CIEM manufacturers usually bring universal versions so you can first determine which one you like. Then, some do impressions for free on the spot (like Empire Ears guys). Or once you decide which CIEM you like, sometimes they can help you with local audiologist recommendation and some pointers (like with a mouth open/closed).

$120 is way too much. You can make an appointment with an audiologist doctor, those who involved with a hearing aid, even just to check your ears, pay the usual doctor visit copay and get some impressions while you there.
Yeah, the prices have been all over the place. I just called three different places and they were all around the $160-170 range.

I'll wait until the show for sure. I have impressions on file at Empire Ears and my Bravados still fit really well. Maybe if they are doing them for free it wouldn't be a bad idea to have fresh impressions made. I'm looking at the LX or maybe Nemesis. The 64 Audio A6t and A12t are also on my short list but unfortunately they aren't doing impressions.

Btw, your reviews are fantastic and are my first stop when looking for new gear. Thanks! Maybe I'll bump into you at CanJam NY. I'll be there both days.

Feb 4, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #513 of 884
Weather forecast for CanJam weekend, of course its a little early to predict.

Capture.png

Feb 4, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #514 of 884
Yeah, the prices have been all over the place. I just called three different places and they were all around the $160-170 range.

I'll wait until the show for sure. I have impressions on file at Empire Ears and my Bravados still fit really well. Maybe if they are doing them for free it wouldn't be a bad idea to have fresh impressions made. I'm looking at the LX or maybe Nemesis. The 64 Audio A6t and A12t are also on my short list but unfortunately they aren't doing impressions.

Btw, your reviews are fantastic and are my first stop when looking for new gear. Thanks! Maybe I'll bump into you at CanJam NY. I'll be there both days.

Definitely, say hello if you see me, I usually have my Tw6 logo t-shirt on :wink:

Feb 4, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #515 of 884
Definitely, say hello if you see me, I usually have my Tw6 logo t-shirt on :wink:
Definitely. I'll recognize the side of your head (from all the fit pictures)! haha

Feb 4, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #516 of 884
Definitely. I'll recognize the side of your head (from all the fit pictures)! haha

Planning to take another one with @jude, just to keep track how we are aging (cause apparently he doesn't) :p This one is from the last year, with me on the left and Nic on the other side.

cj_nyc_tw6_jude_nic.jpg

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #517 of 884
Planning to take another one with @jude, just to keep track how we are aging (cause apparently he doesn't) :p This one is from the last year, with me on the left and Nic on the other side.

Cool! I'll be on the lookout for you guys. Can't wait.

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #518 of 884

Alex, I'm looking forward to seeing you (and everyone else) again! Even though it seems to me that time has flown since Shanghai, I'm so ready for another CanJam (or two) right about now.

See you soon, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back