CanJam NYC 2019 (February 16-17, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #76 of 884
Don't know where you are in NY/NYC, but audio46 store is right there in Manhattan and they sell Campfire Audio, 64 Audio, Final Audio, and a bunch of other XYZ Audio brands :wink:

Btw, so true about last CanJam NYC. Perfect winter weather all week long, not a sign of a storm, Saturday comes around and it's cold but manageable. Then, after 4pm skies opened up and it started to snow like crazy. Took me 3+ hrs to drive back home to NJ in a blizzard. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good weather this time since I want to attend both Sat/Sun.

Also, for those who are driving to Manhattan, Icon Parking is right there across the Time Square, a block away from Marriott. Usually it will cost you $60 to park there for a day, but if you download their app and reserve the parking, it's about $30 with a coupon.
It's actually not far from my office, the one that caught fire on Friday, 330 Madison :o2smile:

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #79 of 884
@third_eye, Is there any info about buying / reserving this year's 2019 event t-shirt? I remember last year we were asked to post username / color / size / city. Thanks much!

Someone asked about the shirts already and Ethan said more info would be posted as it gets closer to the show.

Dec 28, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #81 of 884
I am thinking about going to CanJam for the first time. Anyone know if I'll be missing anything if I don't go on both days or will everything be set up for each day?

And just to be curious will it be noisy there to the point it would be hard to test headphones?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #82 of 884
I am thinking about going to CanJam for the first time. Anyone know if I'll be missing anything if I don't go on both days or will everything be set up for each day?

And just to be curious will it be noisy there to the point it would be hard to test headphones?

Sundays are usually slower so that can help get to more tables, but then again the show ends earlier. People often say they are not the best way to test since there is a lot going on, but IMHO, that's mostly if you are testing open back products. The shows are a lot of fun, meeting faces behind the screens, having dinner etc with people, it just adds to the fun. Plan ahead, if you can make both days and spend more time, you can try more things, if you can make both, pick things you really want to hear and go for those. I always put my head-fi name on my badge, so wont be hard to find me if you swing by the Noble table.

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #83 of 884
I am ready for the cold. Only $39.99 from Burlington.

reebok-Black-Sporty-Heavy-Weight-Hooded-Bubble-Jacket.jpeg

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #85 of 884
Are there deals to be had at these shows? Show discounts of sorts?

Never mind..., answered in a previous post.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #86 of 884
Hope to make it again

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #88 of 884
Sundays are usually slower so that can help get to more tables, but then again the show ends earlier. People often say they are not the best way to test since there is a lot going on, but IMHO, that's mostly if you are testing open back products. The shows are a lot of fun, meeting faces behind the screens, having dinner etc with people, it just adds to the fun. Plan ahead, if you can make both days and spend more time, you can try more things, if you can make both, pick things you really want to hear and go for those. I always put my head-fi name on my badge, so wont be hard to find me if you swing by the Noble table.
Aww well I hope it isn't that bad I really wanted to try a lot of higher end open back headphones. I might go I think? Thanks for the info!

Jan 2, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #90 of 884
Aww well I hope it isn't that bad I really wanted to try a lot of higher end open back headphones. I might go I think? Thanks for the info!

Also I would suggest if you do go bring a set of headphones and a playlist you are familiar with to plug into their setups with an RCA or coax cable to compare and contrast with higher end phones. I brought all I could last year (MDR-1A/X00/HE-500); I ended up getting the Campfire Audio Cascade and later the Hiby R6. I was hesitant to go to the show because of my visual impairment but Im glad I did. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly and I had the best time. You gotta go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back