Can you repair/crack open moondrop aria's?
Nov 12, 2023 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sound N00b

Head-Fier
I had a 2 pin cable pin break off inside my moondrop aria (og). I then compounded this issue by breaking off a drill bit inside the same hole and damaging the socket. At this point it's pretty clear the sockets gone but is that the end of my aria's?

How hard is it to crack open my aria's?
Do they make those 2 pin sockets in standard sizes and where can I buy them?
I have soldered before but at a very ooga booga level. Is replacing the socket a tough job which requires specialized equipment (other than a basic soldering iron and microscope) or whose outcome quality is heavily dependent on user skill?

How are these units sealed? I have a lot of phone opening tools which should be decent if glue is involved but how are they actually sealing them? Is it something more irreversible?

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 3
Look up hi-fri audio on YT, he does iem teardowns. Usually the face plate can be removed to get access.

Nov 12, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 3
If it's going to be a pit of time and frustration, I'd sell them for parts on eBay. There's always someone buying or selling a broken pair needing the good side you have.
I've had the Aria and the Simgot EA500 on sale is a solid upgrade with metal shells for durability. Two tuning nozzles are fun to try also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back