Can you handle the Beast! Introducing the iDSD Diablo 2!!
Nov 13, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #62 of 257
This looks very promising. I will probably buy one to try out with my hard to drive earbuds!

Nov 13, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #63 of 257
@iFi audio are you guys planning to bring xmems capability to any of the less expensive amps?

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #67 of 257
FiiO BTA30 Pro and 1Mii B03Pro+ are LDAC transmitters but are not portable units

I have only used the Fiio on the quiet for over a year. The chain is TV coax -> BTA30 Pro > LDAC -> Sony WM1 DAP. Never experienced the issues complained of by others when apparently volume cuts out when playback volume goes quiet, but I never pair the Fiio with a computer nor AV receiver

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...elity-bluetooth-transceiver-bta30-pro.960334/

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #68 of 257
1699570699458.png
If you look at the top of the board, "4000mW" is written, the same as the original Diablo. It looks primarily like they've integrated the USB daughter board, and removed the USB-A input, aside from adding MEMS.
When will iFi put out an R2R dac? Has it ever been discussed or considered?
To fit an R2R DAC in such a small package, it would have considerable performance compromises versus using what they already do. You could buy a Cayin RU6 and connect it to the Diablo if you want that kind of compromise.
Is there any news on this? It'd really be good to know whether this power spec is comparable with other amps or not
I think you'll have to borrow one and measure it again, but I'm willing to bet that the headphone amp in it is substantially the same as the one in the original.

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #69 of 257
If you look at the top of the board, "4000mW" is written, the same as the original Diablo. It looks primarily like they've integrated the USB daughter board, and removed the USB-A input, aside from adding MEMS.

To fit an R2R DAC in such a small package, it would have considerable performance compromises versus using what they already do. You could buy a Cayin RU6 and connect it to the Diablo if you want that kind of compromise.

I think you'll have to borrow one and measure it again, but I'm willing to bet that the headphone amp in it is substantially the same as the one in the original.

On the original Diablo thread Thorsten said the below:

IMG_0009.jpeg

Seems like a few minor upgrades, bluetooth if someone wants it on a device that isn’t really portable and a missed opportunity to fix the main gripe that being channel imbalance due to the pot. Adding IEMatch essentially to accommodate an overly high lowest gain setting doesn’t make much sense to me, I don’t believe the Diablo needs it for noise floor issues, my original one is dead quiet even with IEM that are noisy with the Go Bar and Gryphon.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #72 of 257
I never understood the issue with the original as to power output... I was one of the first ones to get the original Diablo and I bought it for the hard to drive Hifiman HE6se v2 phones and it has done a perfect job for driving those.... as to the pot imbalance that has been on most of the portable products... I just try and make sure the volume knob gets to around the 12 oclock range and it works in that area fine... looked for the Diablo2 at the Dallas show... it wasn't there... Oh well...

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #73 of 257
I never understood the issue with the original as to power output... I was one of the first ones to get the original Diablo and I bought it for the hard to drive Hifiman HE6se v2 phones and it has done a perfect job for driving those.... as to the pot imbalance that has been on most of the portable products... I just try and make sure the volume knob gets to around the 12 oclock range and it works in that area fine... looked for the Diablo2 at the Dallas show... it wasn't there... Oh well...
People vastly overestimate how much power they need anyway.
And something like an HE6SE isn't that hard to drive so it'll have no issue with that.

The problem was it was advertised as having nearly 5W of power when actually it couldn't output 1W

Nov 14, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #74 of 257
People vastly overestimate how much power they need anyway.
And something like an HE6SE isn't that hard to drive so it'll have no issue with that.

The problem was it was advertised as having nearly 5W of power when actually it couldn't output 1W
I also tried the original Diablo with the Tungsten... it was fine with that phone too.. and its a little harder to drive than the Susvara...

Nov 14, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #75 of 257
I also tried the original Diablo with the Tungsten... it was fine with that phone too.. and its a little harder to drive than the Susvara...
As said, people vastly overestimate how much power they need. That doesn't excuse misleading marketing.

As to the Tungsten, it's not outright harder to drive than Susvara, it requires a fair bit less current, but requires more gain. Just different requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back