Can we live by eating 20 bananas a day?
Feb 15, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eat potatoes and take Centrum. Survival.

More like slow death! I'd probably end myself if all I had after more than a couple of months were potatoes and Centrum!

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #17 of 40
For a year maybe, but really doubtful that you will grow old eating bananas only.
It is not all about calories.
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #18 of 40
My friends daughter is autistic and is a super picky eater. She almost lives on bananas and McDonald's french fries.
She prolly eats 2 or 3 bananas a day plus 2 large orders of fries.
Im wondering how long she will live.
She will eat toasted bread with butter sometimes, but really they cant get her to eat much else.

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More like slow death! I'd probably end myself if all I had after more than a couple of months were potatoes and Centrum!

Well, yeah. Boiled potatoes are not the most interesting (or tasty) foods in the world. Back when I was dieting, it was mostly raw, washed celery + light Kraft whip-thing. Whole grain stuff, extra-lean beef. Fruits. Centrum. Pretty nice.
PS: Firefly fan?
beerchug.gif

PPS: And yeah, OP, potassium OD. But hey, if you want to live like that, contact Bear Grylls for some tips on drinking fresh blood 'n eating raw hearts.

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #20 of 40
I think I read somewhere that if you were stuck on a deserted island and had nothing but bananas and fish to eat, you'd do alright.

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I read somewhere that if you were stuck on a deserted island and had nothing but bananas and fish to eat, you'd do alright.

Might do for a long time; the fish adds the fat and protein bananas are missing, probably the minerals and vitamines as well.

Feb 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might do for a long time; the fish adds the fat and protein bananas are missing, probably the minerals and vitamines as well.

Bananas does have proteins
1 banana = 105 calories, 0.5 g. fat, 27 g carbohydrate, 1.2 g protein, 1 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 2.2 g fiber, 451 mg potassium.

20 x 1.2 grams of protein = 24 grams of proteins. Thats equivalent to a pork chop.

Feb 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried doing an all fruit diet including bananas and the annoying thing is that you end up pooping alot since there is too much fiber and it's annoying runny poop since fruits and bannanas are squishy by nature. I am a big advocate of raw vegetables though.

TMI X 2

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friends daughter is autistic and is a super picky eater. She almost lives on bananas and McDonald's french fries.
She prolly eats 2 or 3 bananas a day plus 2 large orders of fries.
Im wondering how long she will live.
She will eat toasted bread with butter sometimes, but really they cant get her to eat much else.

Both of my autistic girls have very restricted diets, however it has VERY slowly expanded and we have always supplemented with enriched fruit juices and vitamins. Vitamins such as Flintstones are almost candy so you have to keep them locked up. We recently found Lil Critters Fruit and Veggie that my girls love to further supplement their diet. They are both very fit active and healthy.

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal_Blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vitamins such as Flintstones are almost candy so you have to keep them locked up.

I eat too many of those...

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #27 of 40
That many bananas and only bananas would probably mess up your sodium and calcium levels. Muscle malfunction and heart problems for sure. Also hydration issues as well. The sodium/potassium pumps that allow muscle to function, would just be utter chaos. Never mind your kidneys
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #28 of 40
One of my co-workers subsists on chips, gummy bears, crackers, Diet Coke, and occasional cookies, cake, bread, and a few other goodies.

She's in her early 50's, thin, never sick (I've seen her take one sick day in six years) and seems happy with her diet.

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of my co-workers subsists on chips, gummy bears, crackers, Diet Coke, and occasional cookies, cake, bread, and a few other goodies.

FAIL

Quote:

She's in her early 50's, thin, never sick (I've seen her take one sick day in six years) and seems happy with her diet.

WIN

That's some digestive system. I eat four pieces of cookies and my system acts up for a good six hours, Diet Coke gives me heartburns. But hey, it'll take its toll in time. ITMT I'll stick to rice.

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS: Firefly fan?
beerchug.gif

Raise the roof!

On topic, there is definitely a question of "Can you survive on ______ for _____ time?" and "Would you want to survive on ______ for _____ time?" I'm a midway picky eater, and as long as I can find one think I enjoy eating, I can survive on it for a bit. When I am home, I can stock my pantry with those things I enjoy, but when I am at work, I am left to the devices of the cooks who stock and cook all the food. Most of the guys up here grew up and live on meat and potatoes so there is always steak and seafood around here, neither of which I care for up here. Since I'm usually up here for 2 weeks before I go home, I'll survive said 2 weeks on mostly salad, chili, chocolate milk, soda water and PB&J. I can survive said 2 weeks (4 weeks at most) on said diet before I start going crazy, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back