Can we live by eating 20 bananas a day?
Feb 16, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #31 of 40
What is your job?

I'm a fairly picky eater myself, but I love some fairly odd things.

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Each banana gives you about 100 calories so if we were to eat 20 of them, can we survive for at least 1 year?

Challenge accepted.

If I die, I want the rest of the bananas surgically placed in my stomach.

Feb 16, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your job?

I'm a fairly picky eater myself, but I love some fairly odd things.

Field engineer on the Alaskan North Slope. It costs an arm and a leg to fly as many people up here as work here so everyone who comes up here works for 2-3 weeks and then goes home while they're relief works for 2-3 weeks.

Feb 16, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #34 of 40
OTOH, why? If you have only that much money to buy food (let's see, Dole bananas here are 99c/lb, and 20 would make less than 5 bucks if each weighs 100g, peel incl.) each day, I'm sure that your local food bank can provide. Sell your audio gear and eat right first. My family is not exactly rich, but we get eating right first. Food cannot be a life problem.
Quote:

My food is problematic.

--River Tam

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #35 of 40
Not too mention all of the sugar that you would have to consume in a banana to get any nutrients out of it. Then since bananas are typically tropical, you go swimming in the ocean and prick your toe on some coral; your toe will get infected with Staph, which feeds on all the sugar in your system. At that point you'd better find a better source of nutrition without so much fruit sugar or you will die from the Staph infection, not pretty.

I'd rather get hit on the head with a coconut
confused_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyItsBattleKid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That many bananas and only bananas would probably mess up your sodium and calcium levels. Muscle malfunction and heart problems for sure. Also hydration issues as well. The sodium/potassium pumps that allow muscle to function, would just be utter chaos. Never mind your kidneys
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have no proof of this!

The proof... is in the seeds
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back