Can the ALO Rx power the HD 600s?
May 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
I have the RX and am thinking about getting some nice phones. The HD600s/K702s/ESW9s have all caught my attention. I know the ATs will be properly driven but I'm not sure about the other two? Care to provide some insight?

Oh and some minor info on the differences between these phones would be greatly appreciated as well :)

May 7, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 3
Hey Young Spade,

The Rx has plenty of giddyup to drive these phones. The 701/702s are one of the hardest headphones to drive, the Rx does have a internal hi - lo gain switch on the board. However I doubt that you would need to use the hi gain. The 701/702s to me are ideal for classical, vocals and jazz, the HD600s are a little darker and great for rock, hip hop, well the HD600s sound great with alsmost anything, great phone. The ESw9 is a woderful smaller closed phone a litlle grainier sounding than the silky smooth 701s buts its a aweosme closed back small headphone. All of these would be fine with the Rx.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 7, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Hey Young Spade,

The Rx has plenty of giddyup to drive these phones. The 701/702s are one of the hardest headphones to drive, the Rx does have a internal hi - lo gain switch on the board. However I doubt that you would need to use the hi gain. The 701/702s to me are ideal for classical, vocals and jazz, the HD600s are a little darker and great for rock, hip hop, well the HD600s sound great with alsmost anything, great phone. The ESw9 is a woderful smaller closed phone a litlle grainier sounding than the silky smooth 701s buts its a aweosme closed back small headphone. All of these would be fine with the Rx.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Oh yea that helps a ton, thanks a lot KB :)
I also PMed another member and he pretty much said the same thing. The 701s amped (from what he heard) sounded great out of the Rx. I'm probably going to order them tomorrow since my dad just sent me some money :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back