Can someone make sure this seller is legit?
Oct 10, 2011 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mdonova33

100+ Head-Fier
This is my first headphone purchase, and I just want to make sure the seller is going to give me the actual product, not a counterfeit. 
Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH840-Professional-Monitoring-Earphones/dp/B002DP8IEK/ref=sr_1_1?m=A1SAU5M1QZVTHL&ie=UTF8&qid=1318298037&sr=1-1

Thanks,
Mike

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 8
That's a tricky question. In most of the time, Shure honors warranty if you have bought the product from an authorized seller. And quite most of the time, many small sellers aren't. You can ask the seller if they are the authorized seller.

But it is rather irrelevant, pointless concern for two reasons.

1.) Most of the time, warranty only covers defects. Not all damage. This means if the cause of damage is you, warranty usually does not matter (only sole exception is Koss, but they won't really happy if they know headphones themselves were fine.)

2.) Headphones themselves are very solid products in general (unless you got extremely cheap, badly made one). And usually begin to show their hidden problems after several years. Normally, warranty has already expired at that point.

Example : My K701 was bought in 2006 (very first batch) And just very recently it begin to have problems with cables with left channel. And three days ago, right channel is completely died for no reason (checked the connectivity, and realized the driver itself is toast.) So it lasted 5 years, completely out of warranty...... I could do repair, but given AKG's lousy service (again another reason warranty is rather useless because quite a lot of companies do not done things well in the first place). I decided to just pick up Q701.

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #6 of 8
Ok, thanks for the info!

Quote:
That's a tricky question. In most of the time, Shure honors warranty if you have bought the product from an authorized seller. And quite most of the time, many small sellers aren't. You can ask the seller if they are the authorized seller.

But it is rather irrelevant, pointless concern for two reasons.

1.) Most of the time, warranty only covers defects. Not all damage. This means if the cause of damage is you, warranty usually does not matter (only sole exception is Koss, but they won't really happy if they know headphones themselves were fine.)

2.) Headphones themselves are very solid products in general (unless you got extremely cheap, badly made one). And usually begin to show their hidden problems after several years. Normally, warranty has already expired at that point.

Example : My K701 was bought in 2006 (very first batch) And just very recently it begin to have problems with cables with left channel. And three days ago, right channel is completely died for no reason (checked the connectivity, and realized the driver itself is toast.) So it lasted 5 years, completely out of warranty...... I could do repair, but given AKG's lousy service (again another reason warranty is rather useless because quite a lot of companies do not done things well in the first place). I decided to just pick up Q701.

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #7 of 8
Seems legit. Happy listening to come :)

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #8 of 8
wow i didnt know drivers can be toasted...geez

i think u can get the 840 for about 100 on the resale mkt, if u are not particular about warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back