'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
Jul 4, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #542 of 670
This is just some of the do`s and don`ts of Can Con. I will be reading them out at the beginning of Can Con after everyone has set up their gear before demonstration by qusp as to how to plug headphone in and out properly without damaging an amp etc.

[size=16.0pt]Can Con - Do`s and Don’ts[/size]

[size=16.0pt]Do`s:[/size]
  1. [size=16.0pt]"Please register at the entry and keep your ID visible at all times"[/size]
  2. [size=16.0pt]"Please ask first before changing anything in a rig beyond the volume/playing music."[/size]
  3. [size=16.0pt]"Please turn the volume back to zero after listening."[/size]
  4. [size=16.0pt]"Please make sure amps are off and the volume at zero before plugging/un-plugging headphones."[/size]
  5. [size=16.0pt]“Please keep your ears clean of wax etc.”[/size]
  6. [size=16.0pt]"Please watch out for power cords and plugs"[/size]
  7. [size=16.0pt]"Please eat and smoke in the designated areas"[/size]
  8. [size=16.0pt]"Please clean you hands and hair before touching any gear"[/size]
  9. [size=16.0pt]"Please keep your voice down near the rigs so people can listen."[/size]
  10. [size=16.0pt]“Please don't forget your CD's, Pen Drive etc. when you've finished listening."[/size]
  11. [size=16.0pt]"Please comply with the instruction of the volunteers"[/size]

[size=16.0pt]Don'ts:[/size]
  1. [size=16.0pt]"Please Don't wear conditioner or any other hair product"[/size]
  2. [size=16.0pt]"Please Don't use any earrings that could damage headphones"[/size]

Also, you may want to burn a cd with songs you enjoy to bring on the day. So that you can listen to the songs you are familiar with on other people`s gears.

Jul 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #543 of 670
WOW! That's a massive change in the amount of gear that was listed compared to now. Damn, I was looking into trialing some IEMs. Now there's ain't much universal IEMs there to trial :xf_mad:

Just an Interest Check: who's bring some IEMs, and what are you IEMs is it.

Note: I got my own IEM sleeves, lol.

Cheers

Jul 4, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #544 of 670
there'l be iems there, i'll have um3x, i believe Pkwak has just edited to what he knows will be there, but there is also more in attendees posts, because there was a lot that wasnt coming so i think it was perhaps just easier to remove a heap.

its looking a little unlikely i will have the portable sabre in portable form, the new regulator, charge manager and digital input pcb was delayed and it will probably be here only the day before i leave, so i will probably have 'the wire' in a chassis fed with the same as what is normally in it, but running on AC, or 'the wire' by itself fed by ackodac etc. i decided to concentrate on getting the ackodac done in time to post it down for friday, as its heavier than carry on limit and i dont trust it to the baggage handlers and machines, last year it got the chassis dented and i freaked out the whole way flying down.

I actually wasnt sure i would bring the ackodac (and i said so), was hoping to get a demo unit from acko, but turned out what i could get wouldnt actually save me any time or hassle. so yeah its looking good, i had to rebuild it for this format to fit Titan USB in, as it will be a 2 case build when finished, but have altered it to one balanced dac, not the mutant dual dac i will use for speaker digital crossover duties and headphones

what is Ackodac down hehe? and where was it copied from? or did you copy out of something like 'i will maybe bring the ackodac down?'

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #546 of 670
WOW! That's a massive change in the amount of gear that was listed compared to now. Damn, I was looking into trialing some IEMs. Now there's ain't much universal IEMs there to trial :xf_mad:

Note: I got my own IEM sleeves, lol.

Cheers

Yes, it is as qusp has said. I have removed in bulk because I do not want to go through 35 pages of posts 7 times. Let me wait until I know who is coming then when I have time, I will go thru 35 pages of posts and put up the gears that people are bringing. Unless mitts would be kind enough to help me and do this for me? For the current members on the list?

Jul 4, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #547 of 670

Quote:

As for headphones, I'll be bringing my:
Sennheiser IE8
Shure SE535
LCD2 with Alos 22 awg cable
HD25 1/II Adidas.

Also confirmed for the event:
Weiss DAC202
Headamp Pico USB Dac/amp

If I can squeeze it into carry-on luggage, the Phonitor
with Burson opamp will also make an appearance.

Jul 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #548 of 670
I have RE-Zero I can bring

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #550 of 670

Quote:
Quote:
t2
300b drd
higgs gun

Please remove these.
They were copied from a post were I was joking and being a smart ass. 

'tis agood thing you didn't mention the LHC as it wouldn't fit in the hall..........

and it may collide into the tables stuffed with all the gear.....

Jul 5, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #553 of 670
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider 

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #554 of 670
I'm sure with some shuffling we could fit a single segment of ATLAS in the hall  =S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back