'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
Jul 6, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #571 of 670
@pkwak Foobar 2000 and the WASAPI support plugin should be perfect.  Might want to create a guest user account with restricted access.  I really need to get a laptop one of these days 
beyersmile.png

that's a good idea for anyone bringing their laptop as a source :D You'll be leaving the pc unattended in all likelyhood and/or plugging untrusted USB memory storage in :D

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #572 of 670
My apologies everyone, but I won't be able to attend this event. Something has cropped up this weekend that I cannot avoid :frowning2:

@Tom, you and I will have to tee up a time with John for a mini-meet at his place sometime in the near future, methinks. It's been way too long.
@Jeremy, sorry I won't get to see you, but if you're sticking around in Sydney for a few days we could catch up?

Best of luck with what I'm sure will be an awesome Can Con, and remember to bring cameras :)

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #575 of 670
I would like to ban the USB, as to minimize virus infections and integrity of the computers used as source.
What are your thoughts?
If you Do not have CDs or DVDs then, contact alex699 who kindly offered to burn ur songs on a disc medium.

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #581 of 670

Quote:
Hi Paul. My friend told me about the Sydney meet (just in time!). I would like to go along and bring some gear with me.
I just moved over to Sydney so looking forward to finding out about the local stuff.
I'll PM you.

Hi Paul. I couldn't PM you because Head-Fi keeps telling me I've exceeded my daily limit of PM (which I haven't)...
Can you PM me if it's alright? I can try to reply via e-mail etc.

Jul 7, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #582 of 670
Quote:
I would like to ban the USB, as to minimize virus infections and integrity of the computers used as source.
What are your thoughts?

I can kill a computer just as easily with a cd as I can a usb key so I don't think there is any difference what-so-ever apart from CDs being a complete pita (imo of course).

That being said, if someone's usb key some how bricks my laptop then I'll snap it in half.
Said owner is welcome to claim the remains of it afterwards.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #583 of 670
I will be bringing my camera along, Canon 450D with sigma 18-200 f3.5-6.3 and another canon 50 f/1.8

Won't mind someone that have the skills to use it though!

Jul 7, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #584 of 670
Thank you mrAdrian. Wow, nice camera but I will just use mine~ I will be the dedicated photographer for the day~ so u guys can enjoy urselves~

P.s. I will go to Hornsby to collect key and final inspection~ I will take pictures of the hall to post it up~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back