'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
Jul 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #528 of 670
I want to ask opinion of everyone. If I am to post a thread on other forum sites with very brief description of the meet with a link to headfi thread or have them email me, Is this okay? I know qusp and svyr have concerns with this but this time the level of information displayed would be minimal.

Jul 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #529 of 670
Or how about if I ask each members to send invite to the meet on their Facebook? And info displayed would only be the date and time. An they have to register at headfi to get address?

Jul 2, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #530 of 670
Hi Paul, I've been lurking here for awhile, reading reviews and such, and would love to come along on Sunday.

With any luck, my D5000s should have arrived from Amazon (already been 3 weeks :frowning2:)

I'm a newbie to the whole thing, but I'm keen to learn!

Jul 2, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #531 of 670
pkwak, you may want to edit the gear list in the first post.

I know a number of the people not coming personally and can see a lot of their stuff listed in there (which obviously won't be coming with them).

Jul 3, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #532 of 670
I think accountability is a big concern for those bringing equipment.  Reaching a larger audience might be OK for expos with commercially funded displays but they have insurance DX"

Jul 3, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #533 of 670
Hi Paul, I've been lurking here for awhile, reading reviews and such, and would love to come along on Sunday.

With any luck, my D5000s should have arrived from Amazon (already been 3 weeks :frowning2:)

I'm a newbie to the whole thing, but I'm keen to learn!

Welcome~ inconsistency~ nice to have u join us. Can you pm me of your details for tue registration (name, address, email and mobile number)?
Cheers.
Paul.

Jul 3, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #534 of 670
pkwak, you may want to edit the gear list in the first post.

I know a number of the people not coming personally and can see a lot of their stuff listed in there (which obviously won't be coming with them).

I know I know, I am just being lazy. (it is 35 pages of posts though that I need to go thru).
And plus only 18 people have sent me their details via pm. Which means that the remaining people are not coming or not sure. So My lazy side got the better of me and instead of doing this every time someone decided not to come (searching the threads to see who is bringing what) I decided to leave it as it is.

Jul 3, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #535 of 670
I think accountability is a big concern for those bringing equipment.  Reaching a larger audience might be OK for expos with commercially funded displays but they have insurance DX"

Wow, a large audience? Can you clarify what you mean by this? Do you mean 30 attendees? 40 attendees? I wish~ well so far 18 people pm me of the details and the rest are either not sure or not coming. And based on the current trend, only the half of the remaing 7 people will come. (So many members are away and forgot to let me know until I pm'ed them for their details). Which means 22 attendees.
And for your info, large conventions such as Can Jam do not have insurance for the goods distributors bring at the convention. they only have public liability insurance.

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #540 of 670
6 more sleeps for you maybe, probably 3 for me lol
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back