'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
Jun 6, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #286 of 670
>Do you think we should raise the price to $15?

You could. I think $10 just or barely covers the costs doesn't it (venue, clean up supplies, pizza)?

>Would this assist filtering out tag-alongs?

depends why they intend to tag along :wink:

On a side note, leaving small lose items (wallets, keys, phones, expensive iems) on the table is not a particularly great idea :D

Jun 6, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #287 of 670
For transparency of this meet: Jaben Australia told me that as well as the items for giveaways, he will get me little something as appreciation of organising this meet. I hope everyone is okay with this
L3000.gif
?

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #288 of 670
hmmmm, never had that come up before, but thanks for your candor. i really dont know, i guess its cool with me. now that its public it cant be cheap lol.

i'm not so flash at public speaking, but i can perhaps come up with a handout that covers it and do a brief outline at the start, if anyone has any special, or unusual requirements perhaps let me know, or come up with a sign to have at your table. dont get too pedantic though guys, nobody should be required to face the rising sun and douse themselves in arctic silver, or place magic rocks in their pockets. most is just basic common sense stuff, but as we know this is not always that common. having a handout means those that miss the beginning will still have the info

as for the number of tag alongs, perhaps 5-10 and as mentioned proper contact details given BEFORE the meet.

Glad Jude is in the loop 

hey Jude
atsmile.gif

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #289 of 670

Quote:

Unfortunately contrary to what I said earlier, we are going to limit the number of non headfier. So can I have his name? I will add him to the list.

He has church on that day... so he would not be coming. I will let everyone know about his details if he decides to be free again.

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #290 of 670

Quote:
hmmmm, never had that come up before, but thanks for your candor. i really dont know, i guess its cool with me. now that its public it cant be cheap lol.

i'm not so flash at public speaking, but i can perhaps come up with a handout that covers it and do a brief outline at the start, if anyone has any special, or unusual requirements perhaps let me know, or come up with a sign to have at your table. dont get too pedantic though guys, nobody should be required to face the rising sun and douse themselves in arctic silver, or place magic rocks in their pockets. most is just basic common sense stuff, but as we know this is not always that common. having a handout means those that miss the beginning will still have the info

as for the number of tag alongs, perhaps 5-10 and as mentioned proper contact details given BEFORE the meet.

Glad Jude is in the loop 

hey Jude
atsmile.gif

Well, Josh (Jaben) did say it was little something, so I am not going to have high expectations~

Also , just asked my mrs and she had agreed to come and help and will be sitting at the registration table to register people as they come in. Also she will help set up morning tea and lunch.
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #291 of 670
I just posted a number of items in the amp and source for sale section yesterday.
Due to the prices being in usd and the wild aud at the moment they work out very good for any locals wanting them (especially the diy kits).

/threadstealing

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #292 of 670

Quote:
Well, Josh (Jaben) did say it was little something, so I am not going to have high expectations~

Also , just asked my mrs and she had agreed to come and help and will be sitting at the registration table to register people as they come in. Also she will help set up morning tea and lunch.
biggrin.gif

Eh, don't get your hopes too high... I was thinking something small and cheap(ish) (a bit under $100 maybe?) for my appreciation for organizing the meet.
You must've spent a fair few hours taking care of this, it's the least I can do right?

Good news is I've been given the thumbs up to give out a pretty good amp for the door prize...
Let's just say it's more than a couple of hundred, it's not too hard to figure out

I'm thinking two other main prizes, and 5 or so smaller ones... Headphone stand, Earphones etc

And if Paul wins one of the main prizes I'll put his prize in the draw.

I'll draw up a list of prizes soon, but is everyone happy with that arrangement?

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #293 of 670
Eh, don't get your hopes too high... I was thinking something small and cheap(ish) (a bit under $100 maybe?) for my appreciation for organizing the meet.
You must've spent a fair few hours taking care of this, it's the least I can do right?

Good news is I've been given the thumbs up to give out a pretty good amp for the door prize...
Let's just say it's more than a couple of hundred, it's not too hard to figure out

I'm thinking two other main prizes, and 5 or so smaller ones... Headphone stand, Earphones etc

I'll draw up a list of prizes soon, but is everyone happy with that arrangement?

smells good :wink: . Paul certainly put in a lot of hard work, and deserves a little something :)

Also, yay extra incentive to organize and turn up to meets (that's what, a 1 in about 50 chance of winning something :p ?)

>say it's more than a couple of hundred, it's not too hard to figure out

not the DA11, so that leaves a go-vibe :wink: ?

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #294 of 670
S'all good.
We like prizes.

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #295 of 670

Quote:
smells good
wink.gif
. Paul certainly put in a lot of hard work, and deserves a little something
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, yay extra incentive to organize and turn up to meets (that's what, a 1 in about 50 chance of winning something :p ?)

>say it's more than a couple of hundred, it's not too hard to figure out

not the DA11, so that leaves a go-vibe
wink.gif
?

How do you know it's not a DA11? (it's not, that's insane...)
But yeah, one of those as the main prize, two others in the triple digit and 5 prizes in the double digit.

So that's 8 prizes, if the other MOTs give away one or two things that's 1 in 5 chance of getting something if we get 50 people
evil_smiley.gif

EDIT: Apologies about the misunderstanding earlier about sponsorship... But this makes up for it right?

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #296 of 670
How do you know it's not a DA11? (it's not, that's insane...)
But yeah, one of those as the main prize, two others in the triple digit and 5 prizes in the double digit.

So that's 8 prizes, if the other MOTs give away one or two things that's 1 in 5 chance of getting something if we get 50 people
evil_smiley.gif

way to go by leading by example, mate :wink: :D

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #297 of 670

Well thank you Josh and Jaben australia for your contribution~ I am sure everyone is greatly excited about the prizes~

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #298 of 670
i always bring stuff, that wont change this year. dont take me the wrong way earlier, my reservation was mainly just the lack of precedent

and hehe sorry Jaben, i was just having a laugh

Jun 6, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #299 of 670
Some other things I've seen from pictures and descriptions were "gear cards" as well as name cards, which people write about the rig being displayed. They have on them, by default "Quiet please" or something along those lines as we all get excited and want to talk a lot.

Some instructions on the back of name cards, such as

"Please ask first before changing anything in a rig beyond the volume/playing music."
"Please turn the volume back to zero after listening."
"Please make sure amps are off and the volume at zero before plugging/un-plugging headphones."
"Please keep your voice down near the rigs so people can listen."
"Don't forget your CD's etc. when you've finished listening."
"Have you labelled all your gear?"

There are also quite a few guides on how to set up computer gaming meets and quite a bit of the info in those will apply, though you wont be using anywhere near as much power I'd think. The vendors I'm sure will help out with suggestions as they will have been to quite a few meets themselves.

Jun 6, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #300 of 670

Quote:
i always bring stuff, that wont change this year. dont take me the wrong way earlier, my reservation was mainly just the lack of precedent

and hehe sorry Jaben, i was just having a laugh

Yeah, I remember the beautiful looking cable you brought for giveaway last year~ I am looking forward to what you will bring this year~~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back