'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
Jun 5, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #256 of 670
Are there any restrictions on alcohol etc at this place?

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #257 of 670
This is like a mini canjam. I might be able to make it. Any chance of Burson sending somebody?

i can bring;

Lavry DA11
Onkyo ND-S1 digital ipod dock
Headroom Pico DAC/amp

I also have a Burson HA-160, an Apogee Duet,and a Dacmagic that i could bring if somebody twisted my arm.

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #259 of 670
same for hornsby, need to get permit from the police station.
nattonrice: lol, I thought you you were going to drink the night before with qusp anyway? And would mixing alcohol + expensive gears be a good idea?

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #260 of 670

Quote:
This is like a mini canjam. I might be able to make it. Any chance of Burson sending somebody?

i can bring;

Lavry DA11
Onkyo ND-S1 digital ipod dock
Headroom Pico DAC/amp

I also have a Burson HA-160, an Apogee Duet,and a Dacmagic that i could bring if somebody twisted my arm.

Welcome~ I will add you in~

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #261 of 670
>nattonrice: lol, I thought you you were going to drink the night before with qusp anyway? And would mixing alcohol + expensive gears be a good idea?

strictly speaking, neither is mixing a hangover or even being tired. All it takes is forgetting that an amp is plugged into a step-down transformer, unplugging it at the socket at the back and then plugging it into 240v mains
(and I speak from experience :frowning2: )

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #262 of 670
Well, if you are not too hung over and if I am not too hung over from the wedding the night before, let`s have a drink after the meet nattonrice~
beerchug.gif

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #263 of 670
hmmm, i'm actualy not all that sure that too many people that are not actively involved in the hobby is a good thing. so far is ok, but i'm not sure we should be encouraging it. the gear has to be looked after and those who dont have their own, may not be aware of proper procedure for switching cans, safe levels etc. maybe i'm worrying about nothing, but its not something that has ever been encouraged before and i agree with it not being encouraged before. not having any link to someone other than being a friend and not being a member leaves no way of knowing who people are, or having any way to contact, also means that ring ins that do not even know a member can drop in and your brother may be a deterant, but a single person is not enough. generally head-fi meets are limited to head-fi members, but like i said, a few ring ins is fine, actually a good thing.

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #264 of 670

Quote:
>nattonrice: lol, I thought you you were going to drink the night before with qusp anyway? And would mixing alcohol + expensive gears be a good idea?

strictly speaking, neither is mixing a hangover or even being tired. All it takes is forgetting that an amp is plugged into a step-down transformer, unplugging it at the socket at the back and then plugging it into 240v mains
(and I speak from experience
frown.gif
)

plain old morons have this problem also, but i take your point

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #265 of 670

Quote:
hmmm, i'm actualy not all that sure that too many people that are not actively involved in the hobby is a good thing. so far is ok, but i'm not sure we should be encouraging it. the gear has to be looked after and those who dont have their own, may not be aware of proper procedure for switching cans, safe levels etc. maybe i'm worrying about nothing, but its not something that has ever been encouraged before and i agree with it not being encouraged before. not having any link to someone other than being a friend and not being a member leaves no way of knowing who people are, or having any way to contact, also means that ring ins that do not even know a member can drop in and your brother may be a deterant, but a single person is not enough. generally head-fi meets are limited to head-fi members, but like i said, a few ring ins is fine, actually a good thing.

I understand your concern. So, how should we approach this? any ideas?

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #266 of 670
i'm not sure, its difficult, perhaps we need to set a limit of how many 'guests' will be allowed to a manageable number, also perhaps a short instructional announcement as part of the program, turn volume down or off before changing the headphones or interconnects, no wet hair with electrostats etc.. whats the go with insurance? not that i would be able to insure my stuff for what its worth. normally people are really well behaved and respectful, but with an unknown element and that making it more possible for walk-ins that dont know anyone, its not so controlled

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #267 of 670
also any use of the logo anywhere has to be cleared, has anyone contacted Jude?

it becomes difficult with large groups, you could ask for ID and contact details at the door, but then privacy comes into play and that still doesnt cover the event of a couple grand worth of gear getting damaged. I dont mean to be a party pooper (haha how old am i) but these are real issues. 

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #269 of 670

Quote:
please PLEASE bring the DT880 pro. if they're too much of an inconvenience, i'd gladly buy it off you and save the hassle of carrying it back :wink:

Quote:
@Jaben could you also bring the DT 770 whichever version you prefer, I'm seriously considering buying them from you on the day.

And this really is excellent all the people attending, and the list of gear is amazing. Can't wait to be there. Also hope to bring a friend, he just wants to observe, does really have any gear but is interested in getting into the Audio world. Hope this won't be a problem for anyone. All overheads will be easily covered by both.

Fine I'll bring everything... I'll have to have a bigass suitcase then
biggrin.gif

Let me know if you prefer me to bring either version. 880pro I've got in 32/250/600ohm and 770pro in 80/250ohm

On that note, can I get someone to pick me up from Hornsby station and drop me back there again?
I'm getting to the airport at 8:15am and leaving again at 8:45pm, that time works out alright.
Of course if anyone lives around the airport that'll be a million times better...

Jun 6, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #270 of 670
People should be encouraged to not have wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all. Strong aftershave or deodorant are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.

You definitely should contact jude and make sure he knows of the details of the meet. I've never organised a meet so I can't give any other advice unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back