Campfire - Solaris
May 20, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #11,147 of 12,035
Hi guys, just sharing these awsome Earrbond eartips i recently discovered from mtmt audio. Has anyone else tried these before? Cause these are one of the most comfy silicone tips I've tried so far. Earrbond tips have a very thin silicone shell and super soft to the touch memory foam. As I insert them into my ears, it feels like I've plugged in a pair of foam tips. I've only tried these for about 3 days and first impressions are that they minimize the sibilance and emphasize bass rumble. Mids remain fairly the same and treble is somewhat "softer or less harsh" . I can hear more of the echo or reverb with certain tracks that produce these sound characteristics and overall very satisfied with the general presentation. Also, apologies for my audiophile terminology as I'm still a newbie. :dt880smile: Gear used is Solaris SE and Hiby R8.
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-19 at 10.16.23 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-05-19 at 10.16.24 AM.jpeg

These look interesting! Hope they come to more mass-market soon. Never heard of these before.

Sedna Xelastics are still my go-to.

May 23, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #11,148 of 12,035
Hi guys, just sharing these awsome Earrbond eartips i recently discovered from mtmt audio. Has anyone else tried these before? Cause these are one of the most comfy silicone tips I've tried so far. Earrbond tips have a very thin silicone shell and super soft to the touch memory foam. As I insert them into my ears, it feels like I've plugged in a pair of foam tips. I've only tried these for about 3 days and first impressions are that they minimize the sibilance and emphasize bass rumble. Mids remain fairly the same and treble is somewhat "softer or less harsh" . I can hear more of the echo or reverb with certain tracks that produce these sound characteristics and overall very satisfied with the general presentation. Also, apologies for my audiophile terminology as I'm still a newbie. :dt880smile: Gear used is Solaris SE and Hiby R8.
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-19 at 10.16.23 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-05-19 at 10.16.24 AM.jpeg

i require their largest size (i use spiral size L) , i'll look elsewhere, thanks

1621768917238.png

May 24, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #11,150 of 12,035
Yup, i took the large ones too (standard fit), i didn't know they sold out that fast.
they sell like hot cakes.
Did the stage narrowed a bit? using them

May 24, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #11,151 of 12,035
they sell like hot cakes.
Did the stage narrowed a bit? using them
Yes, soundstage felt a bit narrow listening on the first few days, but resolution and layering is noticeably more better. I feel like you need a bit of time to get used to how the tips affect the sound because it's just different compared to the few tips (xelastec, symbio eartips, campfire stock eartips) I've tried so far in terms of sound and comfort . But overall, these are the tips I enjoy the most so far, and last for long hours in my ears because of the "foam-tip like feel."

May 24, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #11,152 of 12,035
I contacted Campfire about the paint flaking off my Solaris 2020. After seeing pictures they said it should definitely not be happening and I can ship them back to be dealt with. I've decided that the cost and hassle isn't worth it since I don't really care about minor cosmetic issues enough and I would rather not have to be without them for however long it takes Campfire to get them back to me. I wish they came without paint, as much as I like the black, it's such a dumb issue to have on a $1500 IEM.

May 24, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #11,153 of 12,035
I contacted Campfire about the paint flaking off my Solaris 2020. After seeing pictures they said it should definitely not be happening and I can ship them back to be dealt with. I've decided that the cost and hassle isn't worth it since I don't really care about minor cosmetic issues enough and I would rather not have to be without them for however long it takes Campfire to get them back to me. I wish they came without paint, as much as I like the black, it's such a dumb issue to have on a $1500 IEM.
It's not paint. It's a coating that should not flake or damage easily. You may have had a set that wasn't bonded well. I'd send it back.

May 26, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #11,154 of 12,035
Bling night for the Classic!
IMG_20210526_230736.jpg

May 31, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #11,155 of 12,035
Hi.. been a while using my Solaris Classic, when using my new interest in Desktop setting, curios trying Solaris to ASGARD 3 Multibit.
Pair to laptop using Audirvana apps, to DAC/AMP Asgard 3 Multibit using Adapter 6.3, low gain, volume pot around 7 o'clock (around 10-15% from zero). There is a imbalance in around 0-5% volume.
No hiss... amazed... Tonality a bit or tends to bright.
Intimate staging presentation, Flat soundstage.
Good subbass, Slam mid bass, a bit recess male vocal still detail, very clear female vocal, a bit extend Presence, quite edgy spark brilliance...
20210601_102118.jpg

edit : using DAC E30 (with LPS P50) -> AMP config only Asgard 3

Tonality more neutral, more powerful (louder...). Same parameter, Volume pot 7 o'clock. No Hiss.
What is better in this config, a bit depth in soundstage (same wide & height), Smoother Brillance yet still spark.
Mid bass more puncy yet tight.

What is better on config before, Separation, seems using MULTIBIT DAC, I feel a bit better separation. More detail Sub Bass

I prefer this combo (E30/P50-A3) then using the first one (A3 MB).
20210601_104017.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #11,156 of 12,035
Hi everyone!

I got my hands on the CA Solaris 2020 yesterday, and i'm loving the sound so far.

I have a question regarding fit. I am using the supplied type E tips from final audio. For my right ear, i notice that over time, the earphone feels like it is slowly slipping out. It does not stay in position in ear for long.

Did i push it in too deep into ear canal ? Left side is okay. I have tried the other tips, and i am still getting the sensation that it's coming lose on the right side.

One thing to note though, it does not alter the sound. Bass response is just as good, so i am assuming the seal is still good. I am wondering if this is normal behaviour, the sensation that it comes lose over time.

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #11,157 of 12,035
Hi everyone!

I got my hands on the CA Solaris 2020 yesterday, and i'm loving the sound so far.

I have a question regarding fit. I am using the supplied type E tips from final audio. For my right ear, i notice that over time, the earphone feels like it is slowly slipping out. It does not stay in position in ear for long.

Did i push it in too deep into ear canal ? Left side is okay. I have tried the other tips, and i am still getting the sensation that it's coming lose on the right side.

One thing to note though, it does not alter the sound. Bass response is just as good, so i am assuming the seal is still good. I am wondering if this is normal behaviour, the sensation that it comes lose over time.

The tips are small & does not properly seal. Are u using the size L already? you might need to get a larger pair...

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #11,158 of 12,035
Jun 5, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #11,159 of 12,035
in my experience yes, it';s quite normal that after a while they slowly make their way out. The only tip that properly prevents that, in my quest for the perfect tip, is the xelastec. They are made of some sort of tacky material that kinda sticks to the ear canal. Best tip so far excluding custom molds

Jun 5, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #11,160 of 12,035
The tips are small & does not properly seal. Are u using the size L already? you might need to get a larger pair...
I was using S, and it was too small. Using M sort of works, but it still feels like its slowly coming out. The L and LL is too big for me. I will try and look for the alternative tips, thank you for the suggestion 🙏🏼

Coming from the SE 846 and spinfit CP800, comfort and fit was amazing. I think i need to get used to this new fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back