Campfire - Solaris
Dec 2, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #10,606 of 12,035
Ohno Continuous Cast - The Ohno continuous casting process, known as the OCC process, is a heated mould crystallisation process that permits the generation of single crystal or cast products with a unidirectional structure. In this process, solidification takes place at the mould exit. Thus, the understanding of the process parameters is crucial to the successful application of this technology. The present note is aimed at clarifying the often misunderstood factors influencing the casting speed of the process.

I have the DHC Clone Silver and it is super smooth and revealing. So I would checkout DoubleHelix or Norne Audio for OCC silver cables.
I haven't tried the DHC Cables but I use The Satin Audio Athena (Silver and Palladium) and I can atest that the good quality cable takes the Solaris on a level above then the stock.

Dec 2, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #10,608 of 12,035
palladium is really nice on solaris
Really looking forward to trying Satins Zeus which is like Code 51 and or Illiad by Eletech in such that it also uses gold on the Silver Palladium mix.

Dec 4, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #10,610 of 12,035
Dec 4, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #10,611 of 12,035
Does anyone experienced the cables from GUcraftman?

I've ordered their OCC silver cable for my Amiron Home and think about to try their OCC silver cable for my Solaris as well.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32887728749.html?spm=a2g0x.12010612.8148356.17.64421f5b2xpxE1

Or maybe even their pure gold cable: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32989882080.html?spm=a2g0x.12010612.8148356.1.64421f5b2xpxE1

Does anyone used a pure gold cable with the Solaris?
It depends also to the sources...

What I remember using pure GOLD to SOLARIS OG, with DX220 AMP1Mk2... The vocal is getting more detail especially Male vocal.
But Roll off on Sub Bass and Hi treble... somehow SOLARIS become MidCentric... This is based on my exp.. Source (player) really make a huge roles on what the rest will sound ...IMHO..

But this was when I still used regular eartip, not the Custom one..

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #10,612 of 12,035
I am starting to see how everyone looks at Cables and DAPs so seriously with the Solaris OG, but just the cables with the Solaris (OG). DAPs can add certain changes to the sound signature of IEMs, on-ears, and over-ears, but cables are still disputable...except for the Solaris (OG). With any cable...it is like I can hear very subtile barometric pressure changes within various recordings...which contributes to possible harshness within recordings. With certain cables...these very subtile barometric pressure changes decrease and make the sound slightly more calm. It is like I joked about it corresponding with various Star Trek series and how current politics are with social media...but these very subtile barometric pressure changes between different recordings really start to show why certain artists prefer to record their music at specific recording studios. Should it really matter to audio consumers? I don’t think so...but I have a great time listening to these differences with the Solaris OG. Let the business come-and-go, I guess. :)

Dec 5, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #10,613 of 12,035
Hey folks,

Selling my Solaris OG since I have become a traitor and joined the MESThead family!

Priced to sell at $750 ~ PM me if you want it. Check out my thread for more info.

Don't worry ~ keeping my Andro Golds and the Cascades!

Dec 12, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #10,616 of 12,035

Users who are viewing this thread

Back