Campfire - Solaris
May 21, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #8,641 of 12,035
There's a point where I don't know what to believe.

Are the fr graphs the whole truth in this story? I know this would be a flaming question, but it's a honest one. I think, maybe misunderstanding, than some tangible aspects like resonances, soundstage, instruments separations, etc. might not be reflected in a FR graph. Do they?
nope .. you get an idea how they sound , but you cant judge an iem by the FR , ive heard a lot of iems , where the FR looks really similar and they did sound different , and an FR dont let you "see" the technicilities.

May 21, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #8,642 of 12,035
my wife says "Sure, honey, buy anything you want."
Oh, you definitely don't want to hear that phrase, trust me...
I don't know how old are you but I'am reaching 50 and 26 happy years with the same woman and I can ensure you: if they say things like that, they usually mean something a lot different...:upside_down:

Back to the topic though - I must say my heart skipped a beat when I've noticed the new Solaris' launch. Not because of the improved sound (as it was also the case with SE and I own OGs) but the size change... It was really tempting.
Then my wallet spoke to me and said: but you are using them only while working, at home or in the office, and the fit is good... Yes it's true that they are sticking out like some 5G antennas but there is no one here to see you...
I agreed and the peace came upon me. For now.:smile_phones:

May 21, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #8,645 of 12,035
Hi,
I’m currently using Andro OG, time for an upgrade. I’ve as we all do read the threads and reviews and have narrowed it down to the U12T or Solaris. Well, that was before the new 2020 Solaris was announced which has tempted me even more in that direction. I certainly like Campfire build quality etc. Driving them with a Hugo2 and Sony 507(uncapped). Any advice as really torn between the two, especially with the £500 price difference.

May 21, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #8,646 of 12,035
Hi,

They are both great IEM's in there own right, although I haven't heard the new Solaris yet, I myself might get the new Andromeda or Solaris but will wait until I can demo both at Selfridges London, HiFi Headphones near Brighton or wait until Canjam London next year.

I myself would recommend the 64 Audio A12T, it just sounds fantastic and does everything right, especially in custom form. My friend used to have the A12T sold it to get a custom version and hasn't looked back.

I myself have a custom A18t and it sounds amazing with my AK380 in Copper and Sony WM1Z, however I get a world class sound via my Hugo 2 , it sounds better than some headphones. One of my ears is bigger than the other with a different shape and even though I tip roll with my Noble K10 you just can't beat what custom offers.

I enclose a photo of my custom.

Whichever you choose they are both amazing, have you checked out MvvRaz guide and list?

Enjoy your music and keep safe.

Tony IMG_1881.JPGIMG_1896.JPG

May 21, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #8,647 of 12,035
Hi,
I’m currently using Andro OG, time for an upgrade. I’ve as we all do read the threads and reviews and have narrowed it down to the U12T or Solaris. Well, that was before the new 2020 Solaris was announced which has tempted me even more in that direction. I certainly like Campfire build quality etc. Driving them with a Hugo2 and Sony 507(uncapped). Any advice as really torn between the two, especially with the £500 price difference.

I Just sold my U12t to buy new Solaris.My understanding is that they have a different sound signature. You can find a brief comparison a couple of pages ago :)

May 21, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #8,648 of 12,035
I had the u18t , amazing iem . But I prefer the Solaris 2020 . It’s even more balanced . Soundstage is more holographic and they let you just dig deeper into the music :) but that’s a thing of personal preferences I think . Both are amazing iems

May 21, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #8,649 of 12,035
Back to the topic though - I must say my heart skipped a beat when I've noticed the new Solaris' launch. Not because of the improved sound (as it was also the case with SE and I own OGs) but the size change... It was really tempting.
Then my wallet spoke to me and said: but you are using them only while working, at home or in the office, and the fit is good... Yes it's true that they are sticking out like some 5G antennas but there is no one here to see you...
I agreed and the peace came upon me. For now.:smile_phones:

This sounds like me bargaining with myself. I ordered the 2020 a day after it was announced. Let me know what you think of them after you get them. :)

May 21, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #8,650 of 12,035
Hi,

There is a lot of comparisons out there between the two. The Solaris (SE) is more about enjoying the music if you ask me, the U12t is ridiculously detailed but at the same time un-fatiguing. The U12t has better detail retrieval and imo has a slightly better treble thanks to the tia driver. The Solaris soundstage is very engaging, it places you in the centre of the music whereas the U12t has a traditional IEM soundstage (in front of you with the music coming towards you). The U12t really does everything right and its hard to find a fault with it but it just doesn't have the engagement of a DD and the soundstage / holographic nature of the Solaris.

May 21, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #8,655 of 12,035
My eBay order for spiral dots ++ just got refunded after waiting 4 weeks even thou they supposedly were shipped weeks ago.

Know of a good place to source some ?
Amazon.jp will ship internationally. Not sure where you are located and if they ship to you, but that's where I bought them and had them shipped to US.

Edit: Also not sure if there are any other covid shipping restrictions in place right now either...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back