Campfire - Solaris
May 19, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #8,611 of 12,035
Yup its on the list for sure, I actually lost one at auction today, so still on the list. Looking at the general suspects, Sony X507, DX220, Fiio M11 Pro.

Would I be able to use the SE out on the WM1a?
The SE is slightly better on the WM1A but to get the best out of any of the Sony's is to go balanced.

May 19, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #8,612 of 12,035
Did it ever damage the driver though?

Yeah, I’d consider a driver that makes a clicking sound with every jaw movement or step ”damaged”.

What I suspect is that with repeated driver flex, the “surround” on the driver (the part that flexes as the driver moved) gets more pliable, making it even more prone to driver flex.

May 19, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #8,613 of 12,035
Yeah, I’d consider a driver that makes a clicking sound with every jaw movement or step ”damaged”.

What I suspect is that with repeated driver flex, the “surround” on the driver (the part that flexes as the driver moved) gets more pliable, making it even more prone to driver flex.
It's possible. I thought a driver would have to exhibit sonic issues to be considered damaged.

May 19, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #8,615 of 12,035
Have you found an affordable cable that allows more bass slam/rumble through? I just got my first IEM, the Solaris SE, and have added eq through my RME ADI-2, but a cable would be better for when I travel or don't want to carry my RME ADI-2 that has the EQ.
hi, just sharing my exp based on OG.
For low (bass), puncy mid Bass need a big gauge Copper (around 22 - 25 AWG).
More detail Bass (less punchy) and rumble can go with SPC Litz (my exp is EA virtuoso).
Go Balanced will help but depends on the source (DAP / AMP).

just tried this ifi HIP dac/amp, the 3.5 SE output already give you good bass, hit hat Xbass button, it helps get the bass....
just heads up, Hiss detected in 4.4 TRRS, but on 3.5 SE is more quiter then my DX220...
20200519_162655.jpg
20200519_161009.jpg

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #8,616 of 12,035
hi, just sharing my exp based on OG.
For low (bass), puncy mid Bass need a big gauge Copper (around 22 - 25 AWG).
More detail Bass (less punchy) and rumble can go with SPC Litz (my exp is EA virtuoso).
Thanks for the info... The Virtuoso looks similar to the Super Litz, in that its SPC. Do you know if these cables sound different? Is maybe the Virtuoso thicker?

May 19, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #8,618 of 12,035
Thanks for the info... The Virtuoso looks similar to the Super Litz, in that its SPC. Do you know if these cables sound different? Is maybe the Virtuoso thicker?
Yes, you will get some improvement in soundstage, since the Virtuoso I used is in Balanced (2.5 TRRS).
You can check here

VIrtuoso a bit thicker but still comfortable for mobile, since only 4 braids

May 20, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #8,619 of 12,035
"I can't wait to hear that beautiful holographic soundstage and balanced sig everyone keeps on about dear ...."
"Yes dear." :p
Yeah, she did.

So I took out my credit card, went on the Campfire Audio website, ordered the 2020 Solaris, Andromeda, and Ara. Just because I felt so good, I even placed the Cascade in my cart. I ordered everything, and wow, it was shipped to me instantly. I was so happy, but I felt something was amiss. This must be a dream, I told myself.

Well, I opened my eyes, and sure enough, here I am, still waiting for the day my wife says "Sure, honey, buy anything you want." :frowning2:

May 20, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #8,620 of 12,035
Ok yeah i can understand that I kept my Solaris vs the Golds. I could swear the golds were vibrating in my ears, it only happened on the 4.4 so they really liked the power coming out of the balance jack. Maybe it was just the right ratio of juice to over bass them as well.

I used them both on 4.4 on 1Z and I kept the Solaris as well. To me the Golds had more bass but the Solaris had better texture and punch? That's the best way I can explain it, like I 'heard' the bass on the AG while I 'feel' the bass on the Solaris.

May 20, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #8,621 of 12,035
Yup its on the list for sure, I actually lost one at auction today, so still on the list. Looking at the general suspects, Sony X507, DX220, R6 Pro, Fiio M11 Pro.

Would I be able to use the SE out on the WM1a?

Not sure about the ZX507 but I demo'd the rest of those DAPs with the OG Solaris awhile back and liked the Fiio best.

May 20, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #8,622 of 12,035
My OG turned up today still tip rolling I have some spiral dot ++ on the way (been 4 weeks) currently enjoying foam at moment tried the Symbio W with foam removed.

Comfort wise I am very lucky I find them better than the Atlas.
I prefer the bass on the OG so looks like I’m going to be very happy with these till the itch for the 2020 kicks in.
I think I can put up with the hiss from the Hugo 2 I tried the ifi iEmatch but prefer the sound without it.

38676E4F-ACC0-433B-8279-B955B12406D7.jpeg

May 20, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #8,623 of 12,035
planning to buy my first campfire earphone, i am using sony zx507 and lotoo gold touch,and pop rock and female vocal is my music taste,so andromeda or solaris which one is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back