Campfire - Solaris
May 16, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #8,416 of 12,035
And lastly, for now, a size comparison between the 3.

IMG_20200516_141331__01.jpg

Seeing it side-by-side with the Andromeda really emphasizes the amount they shrunk it down. Given where I am right now with my collection, I might wait till they release a custom Solaris, but it looks like CA really did a good job addressing one of the biggest issues with the Solaris, which was the size.

May 16, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #8,418 of 12,035
Those look absolutely gorgeous.
However, I can't even fit the Andromeda really well without discomfort in outer ear after a few hours, let alone that solaris :>
I was blessed with too small ears to wear that bad boy!

Yep 😞 same here. I'm switching over to customs now.

May 16, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #8,423 of 12,035
Got the A12t maybe 2 months ago? Keeping an eye out right now, we'll see.
why not try custom eartip...? the one I got from CustomArt can fit to all 64, some CFA, etc
but soundwise there will be different then using eartip or foam...

other thing, I was told to tried Fir M4... looking forward for that...

May 16, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #8,424 of 12,035
For those of you that have spent time with other TOTL IEM's - have any of you found anything that presents music the way the Solaris does? It reminds me of having a pair of near fields in my ears. Most all BA sets present music more like a planar to me - more of a wall of sound.

May 16, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #8,425 of 12,035
For those of you that have spent time with other TOTL IEM's - have any of you found anything that presents music the way the Solaris does? It reminds me of having a pair of near fields in my ears. Most all BA sets present music more like a planar to me - more of a wall of sound.
Empire ears Legend X. Still my favorite of all I own.

May 16, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #8,427 of 12,035

No in my experience there really isn't anything quite like it. There are many all BA IEMs which are close but Solaris is the only hybrid I am aware of that goes for a really balanced sound...BA/DD hybrids as a rule tend to be some degree of v-shaped. The Solaris isn't and it's unique in this sense as a hybrid.

Empire ears Legend X. Still my favorite of all I own.

The Legend X rocks...my number 2 :)

May 16, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #8,429 of 12,035
Yes but that have that large holographic sound.
From my personal experience, both the 64 tia trio and sony ier z1r have excellent holographic like soundstages similar to the solaris. All three of them definitely have similar designs in the sense that they are tubeless with inner acoustic chambers that from my experience so far seems to be the key to getting a better sense of soundstage from an iem. Of course, as IEMs there is still a great deal of "in your head" feeling too, on all 3.

In terms of FR, the trio is pretty similar, but slightly more v shaped, while the z1r I would say presents as a mild v with a bass/subbass focus.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #8,430 of 12,035
From my personal experience, both the 64 tia trio and sony ier z1r have excellent holographic like soundstages similar to the solaris. All three of them definitely have similar designs in the sense that they are tubeless with inner acoustic chambers that from my experience so far seems to be the key to getting a better sense of soundstage from an iem. Of course, as IEMs there is still a great deal of "in your head" feeling too, on all 3.

In terms of FR, the trio is pretty similar, but slightly more v shaped, while the z1r I would say presents as a mild v with a bass/subbass focus.

IMHO the main difference between the main 4 different hybrids under discussion (Solaris, Z1R, Trio, LX) is the degree to which they are v-shaped. Solaris is the least v-shaped, then Z1R, Trio and lastly the LX having the most elevated bass response. I seem to have a thing for extremes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back