Campfire - Solaris
May 16, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #8,387 of 12,035
I think it's VE time, either EVE20 or Elysium.

Those are the only two IEMs really tempting to me right now. If I wind up adding a third to my collection the Ely is currently the most likely contender. I'm going to wait it out and hear people's impressions on the uni before I do anything though. Good luck.

May 16, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #8,388 of 12,035
Hi, which foam tips are included with Solaris? Marshmallow tips? Looking for replacement.

I normally use medium foam tips, but with Solaris I'm using the small ones... Any other suggestion in foam? Comply seems doesn't have a specific model for our babies.

Thanks in advance.

May 16, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #8,390 of 12,035
Thanks mate, but I need foam tips because I experience an annoying driver flex sound with silicone tips every time I insert the iems, and the tips you've mentioned above are all silicone as far as I know.

May 16, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #8,391 of 12,035
any difference in hiss? sola 2020 seem to be 15.5ohm compared to the... 10 ohm iirc of the og?
With my OG and the Fiio M11pro, hiss was a “problem“, now with the 2020‘s and the M11pro, it has become a lot less hiss, nearly not audible any more. Until now, I just used the 3.5mm Smokey Super Litz, will have to try with 4.4mm.

May 16, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #8,393 of 12,035
When Solaris SE come out I almost get one, but for some reason I haven't.

Now the 2020 version has been released and its very tempting but maybe I should wait for couples of months maybe 2020 SE will come out, who knows.

May 16, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #8,395 of 12,035
When Solaris SE come out I almost get one, but for some reason I haven't.

Now the 2020 version has been released and its very tempting but maybe I should wait for couples of months maybe 2020 SE will come out, who knows.

Highly likely, it will probably be made from titanium like the Ara or carbon fibre or something with further refinements.

May 16, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #8,396 of 12,035
Thanks mate, but I need foam tips because I experience an annoying driver flex sound with silicone tips every time I insert the iems, and the tips you've mentioned above are all silicone as far as I know.
I absolutely swear by Sony triple comfort tips. I don't understand why they don't get morre discussion hear on head-fi. They are essentially a foamed silicon--they look like silicon tips, but with thicker material that deals like foam. I used to swear by symbiosis tips because you got the combination of the isolation of foam with the durability of silicon, but never felt they were comfortable for.long listening sessions. These triple comfort tips are the most comfortable I've ever used, give all the benefits of foam, but are easy to clean and last as long as silicon. Wish they made them in a wider bore at the tip, but they fit over the Solaris OG and Solaris 2020 and the sound is top notch. I don't notice any attenuation of the highs and I still get nice impactful, robust bass. I can't recommend them enough and I've tried everything (finals, marshmallows, complys, various foamies from Amazon, tennmark, senda, symbio in all variations, etc etc etc.)
1589635346051.jpeg

May 16, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #8,397 of 12,035
I absolutely swear by Sony triple comfort tips. I don't understand why they don't get morre discussion hear on head-fi. They are essentially a foamed silicon--they look like silicon tips, but with thicker material that deals like foam. I used to swear by symbiosis tips because you got the combination of the isolation of foam with the durability of silicon, but never felt they were comfortable for.long listening sessions. These triple comfort tips are the most comfortable I've ever used, give all the benefits of foam, but are easy to clean and last as long as silicon. Wish they made them in a wider bore at the tip, but they fit over the Solaris OG and Solaris 2020 and the sound is top notch. I don't notice any attenuation of the highs and I still get nice impactful, robust bass. I can't recommend them enough and I've tried everything (finals, marshmallows, complys, various foamies from Amazon, tennmark, senda, symbio in all variations, etc etc etc.)
1589635346051.jpeg

They're nice looking tips but I could never get a seal with them when I owned the Z1R.

May 16, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #8,398 of 12,035
@IAMTHEEGGMAN I generally use foam as well when I’m not using the Sedna tip. I found some on ebay that I like quite a bit. They’re different from comply and the marshmallows. The density is different and keeps the treble and mids in tact all the while keeping the soundstage large. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-3-pair...In-Ear-Earphone/173499907178?var=472191075707
Symbio also released some foam tips which look like a good option.i just ordered them. I saw twister6 is using them on his elysium. They’re on sale as well. https://symbioeartips.com/termek/symbio-f-3pairs/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back