Campfire - Solaris
May 13, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #8,161 of 12,035
Interesting. I've owned both but never at the same time and SE always felt a bit (very slightly) narrower and it feels like it sticks out of my ears just slightly more. I'll take your word for it though.

Same.

I was really quite worried for a moment... If It had been a hybrid successor to the Atlas with some tubeless tech to give it the holographic presentation of the Solaris, my U12t would get a very cold sweat coming on.

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #8,162 of 12,035
the question is , is the sound the same for ara to gold and solaris 2020 to SE :D

With their price increases I expect it is going to be fairly close (which I personally think is a good thing in regard to the Solaris) but I am curious to see if they will be tweaking the sig on the Solaris 2020 like that of the Andro 2020.

May 13, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #8,163 of 12,035
With their price increases I expect it is going to be fairly close (which I personally think is a good thing in regard to the Solaris) but I am curious to see if they will be tweaking the sig on the Solaris 2020 like that of the Andro 2020.

If they do I hope it's tweaked along the lines of the SE-- they hit the nail on the head with that one. I wouldn't personally change anything about it.

May 13, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #8,164 of 12,035
May 13, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #8,165 of 12,035
Does anyone here enjoy OG more than SE?

May 13, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #8,166 of 12,035
SE has a shorter spout than OG.

no, they're exactly the same. I have both in front of me right now!

0E41A137-4443-4500-B3D4-411A1ADAE5C3.jpeg

May 13, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #8,168 of 12,035
I definitely do. I love the SE but I’d pick the OG if I had to choose one.
I was so close to purchasing a pair of SE when I was at NY Canjam, but after a demo, I chose to keep my OG instead:disappointed_relieved:

May 13, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #8,170 of 12,035
I was so close to purchasing a pair of SE when I was at NY Canjam, but after a demo, I chose to keep my OG instead:disappointed_relieved:
I think it depends on what one prefers to prioritize: Some people love variety and have different companies’ products in order to have a drastic change in sound from set to set.
Others prefer a signature and nuanced variations of it, and don’t see it redundant.
I can subscribe to both attitudes but definitely identify myself with the latter when it comes to Solaris.

Best IEM ever made in my book!

May 13, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #8,171 of 12,035
I think it depends on what one prefers to prioritize: Some people love variety and have different companies’ products in order to have a drastic change in sound from set to set.
Others prefer a signature and nuanced variations of it, and don’t see it redundant.
I can subscribe to both attitudes but definitely identify myself with the latter when it comes to Solaris.

Best IEM ever made in my book!

I would hesitate to say that about any IEM given all the different preferences and inclinations out there...but in terms of a nice balanced hybrid "all rounder" I don't think Solaris/SE has any real equal on the market right now.

May 13, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #8,172 of 12,035
I would hesitate to say that about any IEM given all the different preferences and inclinations out there...but in terms of a nice balanced hybrid "all rounder" I don't think Solaris/SE has any real equal on the market right now.

Of course it’s just my preference!

I owned a few in my life, but none gave me the pleasure and emotional transfer that Solaris has.
It’s obviously a very personal choice.

May 13, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #8,174 of 12,035
Anyone fancy doing a full translate? haha
I will try:

No other IEM maker in the Head-Fi community is more frequently mentioned than Campfire Audio. So let's take a deeper look at this premium brand. Behind Campfire Audio there is ALO Audio with years and years of experience in development of top-notch headphone amps and cables. After what seemed like ages they started to develop IEMs and some years ago they came up with the Andromeda. With this day everything changed in Portland.
Thanks to Headphone Company we're about to present you three new models in this special (note: this story). From the outside the Andromeda 2020 looks the same as its predecessor. But from the inside a lot of changes have happened. The acoustic chamber is made of ceramic to eliminate vibrations. This design has been introduced in 2019 with the Solaris SE and Andromeda Gold models. It features again an all balanced armature design, but tuned to a more musical signature. It's still a typical Andromeda, crystal clear, but with a tad more flesh to the bones. The extra punch suits the Andromeda 2020 very well, and it's again a big shot.
Another bestseller from Campfire Audio is the Solaris which received also a makeover. It features the same acoustic chamber made from ceramic like the Andromeda 2020 and the fitting has been revamped. It has now a more compact body which fits your ear way better and makes it more comfortable to wear. To summarize the strengths of the new Solaris 2020 Headphone Company says: "Soundwise the Solaris 2020 is going to the next stage. It combines precision with emotions on the same level like only a few other headphones do. This is as good as it gets."
The latest model that joined the family is called Ara and we're proud that we received a sample before the new model hits the market. The acoustic chamber is also made of ceramic and it features seven balanced armature drivers, very similar to the Andromeda, but sporting two additional bass drivers. The first impression is very persuasive. The Ara jumps in right between the Andromeda 2020 and the Solaris 2020. Something that we call "Trio Infernale".
You might ask "Which one is the best?" Well, it depends. Go and find out (at Headphone Company).

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #8,175 of 12,035
I wasn't expecting a smaller Solaris... Depending on how much smaller that is a game changer since the Solaris has the best sound I've heard, and I've owned plenty of IEMs. B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back