Campfire - Solaris
May 12, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #8,072 of 12,035
Makes sense.... I'm not in the market either but... you know, Campfire.

Yeah man...they're one of the few brands (along with VE and Sony) who commands my complete attention whenever they release something new. Stoked for more details on this...maybe they'll surprise us all with a custom Solaris (or a new single DD)...waiting eagerly here.

May 12, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #8,073 of 12,035
Yeah man...they're one of the few brands (along with VE and Sony) who commands my complete attention whenever they release something new. Stoked for more details on this...maybe they'll surprise us all with a custom Solaris (or a new single DD)...waiting eagerly here.
Agreed...would add Empire Ears and 64 Audio to your list.
My money is on a universal Atlas replacement and/or a custom Solaris....

May 12, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #8,074 of 12,035
Agreed...would add Empire Ears and 64 Audio to your list.
My money is on a universal Atlas replacement and/or a custom Solaris....

Custom Solaris would be game changing as there isn't really anything else like it on the custom market right now.

May 12, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #8,076 of 12,035
You mean DD plus BA?

No there are plenty of those (including the Legend X, which I own)...I mean a BA/DD hybrid that's tuned for a balanced presentation the way Solaris is...most of them veer toward some sort of V-shape. I've been asked many times by people for a custom rec along the lines of Solaris' balanced presentation...and I've always been at a loss to find one. There are plenty of all BA's that fit that bill, but no hybrids I am aware of.

May 12, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #8,077 of 12,035
I don't think it will be a new Flagship IEM as the Solaris is still doing exceptionally well. My guess is that it will be something between the Polaris II and the Andromeda, possibly something to replace the Atlas. The only reason I suggest that is because that is where I feel like they have a hole in their product lineup.
Very exciting times!

May 12, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #8,078 of 12,035
again, just stating my hope for a new drivee type like EST or Planar, i think while DD is still going strong, BA can be easily outdone by other drivers if properly implemented.. now someone needs to make that leap and play enough with iems to figure how to implement them properly. could be CFA

May 12, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #8,079 of 12,035

Last time there who someone here who received some comments from CA saying a Custom Solaris is still under research. Sadly, we seems need more time for a custom Solaris to come out.

May 12, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #8,080 of 12,035
I don't think it will be a new Flagship IEM as the Solaris is still doing exceptionally well.

Indeed it is...I hope they wind up making the SE version the standard as it's pretty fantastic. I would love to see a new single DD from them.

May 12, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #8,081 of 12,035
Indeed it is...I hope they wind up making the SE version the standard as it's pretty fantastic. I would love to see a new single DD from them.
You and me both, even though I really have no desire to sell my atlas or spend any money on iems right now. But a slightly more audiophile tuned single DD from campfire with other improvements would certainly be something worth considering from me.

Or a direct andro hybrid with a DD in the current long stem campfire shell.

May 12, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #8,082 of 12,035
If someone here want to part with the Solaris SE , trow me a message , please EU located people .
I can also offer a trade for a mint Jomo Audio Trinity Brass .

May 12, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #8,083 of 12,035
You and me both, even though I really have no desire to sell my atlas or spend any money on iems right now. But a slightly more audiophile tuned single DD from campfire with other improvements would certainly be something worth considering from me.

Indeed.

Or a direct andro hybrid with a DD in the current long stem campfire shell.

This is basically what Solaris is as I understand it-- their attempt to marry the best of Andro with DD bass. As others have indicated they've stated that they're working on it as a custom but they're not quite there yet.

May 12, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #8,084 of 12,035
If someone here want to part with the Solaris SE , trow me a message , please EU located people .
I can also offer a trade for a mint Jomo Audio Trinity Brass .

@justsomesonyfan seems to be trying to get rid of his...so maybe you could take advantage of his questionable* judgment and jump on that.

*I'm memeing...buy or sell whatever you want until you have what matches your preferences.

May 12, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #8,085 of 12,035
@justsomesonyfan seems to be trying to get rid of his...so maybe you could take advantage of his questionable* judgment and jump on that.

*I'm memeing...buy or sell whatever you want until you have what matches your preferences.
actually lent it to a friend, so i can't tell when they'll be back to me, ty for bumping my sell doe hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back