Campfire - Solaris
May 3, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #7,981 of 12,035
Does anyone have experience with Tia Trio and Solaris? Would it have the merits of both Solaris's DD (in terms of bass) and 64 Audio's pressure relief tech? Or U12T is the one to go with if considering 64 Audio?

Appreciate all, again, for the help, I am getting close to the decision but just don't want to miss out anything obvious. Thanks!
have you tried it urself...?
In term of sound Sig, I still go with OG then Trio.
Assuming with same DAP and Cable setup.
Trio is feel more prowess when using regular DAP or Smartphone...

if Vocal is ur main taste, u should try Fourte with PWAudio G12... damn, still the best Vocal for me...
IMHO...

May 3, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #7,982 of 12,035
have you tried it urself...?
In term of sound Sig, I still go with OG then Trio.
Assuming with same DAP and Cable setup.
Trio is feel more prowess when using regular DAP or Smartphone...

if Vocal is ur main taste, u should try Fourte with PWAudio G12... damn, still the best Vocal for me...
IMHO...
I have not tried Trio - I mainly asked because 1) It has DD 2) don't mind of V 3) APEX for long listening session 4) 30%off campaign - feel I may find used ones close to Solaris' pricing

Ha, nice experience sharing about Fourte... it is totally out of my budget :D

May 3, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #7,983 of 12,035
I have not tried Trio - I mainly asked because 1) It has DD 2) don't mind of V 3) APEX for long listening session 4) 30%off campaign - feel I may find used ones close to Solaris' pricing

Ha, nice experience sharing about Fourte... it is totally out of my budget :D
I own the trio and have heard (albeit very briefly) the solaris se. So I cant speak to longer listening sessions for the solaris, but the trio does have the apex tech, so its really not fatiguing (at least from a sound perspective). I found them actually fairly similar, with the trio being slightly more V shaped, with a bit more low end oomph and a bit more sparkle than the solaris. Comfort wise the solaris immediately bothered my ears, while the trio is pretty comfortable for me.

I havent heard the U12T, so I cant compare there directly. My understanding is the U12T has some of the best BA bass around, but personally, I am still partial to DD for bass. And then like you are considering, that 30% off really sealed the deal for me there.

Honestly cant go wrong with any, it really just depends on your preferences. If you like a bit of a V shaped, out of the 3, the trio likely will suit you. And you can definitely get a trio used for less than a new solaris, og or se.

May 3, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #7,985 of 12,035
Well, I have sold my Solaris, had fun with them but I can't justify 3 iems. Maybe down the line I'll pick up a SE.

I hope you at least get to demo an SE some day.

Edit: What is your second IEM after the VE8?

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #7,988 of 12,035
I hope you at least get to demo an SE some day.

Edit: What is your second IEM after the VE8?

Once everything clears up I can demo one in SG (if it’s still available).

Second pair is the FiR M5, atm I’m even thinking of selling those along with my cables to maybe fund the Elky.

May 3, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #7,989 of 12,035
Made the decision to sell my Solaris SE. I've sold many IEMs, but this is probably the hardest one for me to part with because I seriously enjoy this IEM as a total package. However, the fit just kills me since my ears get hotspots after 45m-1h and I have to constantly readjust them. I have some minor regrets about getting my custom A12t because it has made it even harder for me to wear the Solaris SE, even though I actually prefer the sound of the Solaris SE. If CA ever makes a custom Solaris, I'm the first one on board.

May 3, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #7,990 of 12,035
Made the decision to sell my Solaris SE. I've sold many IEMs, but this is probably the hardest one for me to part with because I seriously enjoy this IEM as a total package. However, the fit just kills me since my ears get hotspots after 45m-1h and I have to constantly readjust them. I have some minor regrets about getting my custom A12t because it has made it even harder for me to wear the Solaris SE, even though I actually prefer the sound of the Solaris SE. If CA ever makes a custom Solaris, I'm the first one on board.
Did you sell it already?

May 3, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #7,992 of 12,035
Just bought @hkpants solaris se! Owned the OG Solaris for quite some time and recently sold it to fund another iem. I’m on the VE tour eagerly waiting for those to show up but got an itch to try the se. I’m sure I’ll like it. Hope it is a worthy upgrade over the original. The Solaris does have one of the best sound stages I’ve ever heard in an iem.

May 3, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #7,993 of 12,035
Just bought @hkpants solaris se! Owned the OG Solaris for quite some time and recently sold it to fund another iem. I’m on the VE tour eagerly waiting for those to show up but got an itch to try the se. I’m sure I’ll like it. Hope it is a worthy upgrade over the original. The Solaris does have one of the best sound stages I’ve ever heard in an iem.
I’d pay 400 more just for the look alone lol. It does sound more natural in the mid range though. All depends on what you value! I need to get on a tour so I don’t have to shell out big bucks to even demo a set.

May 4, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #7,994 of 12,035

You can get close already, with custom tips!
love mine by Custom Art:

99FEA871-DA1A-4F57-8557-D4FB2917875C.jpeg

May 4, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #7,995 of 12,035
Do the Solaris or Andromeda hiss on the Chord Mojo?
Yeah there is a hiss with Mojo, although not terrible.
The only sources I've tried with zero hiss were JDS Labs EL AMP II and AK DAPs like AK300 and SR15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back