Campfire - Solaris
Oct 5, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #6,377 of 12,035
If talking about HISS, never thought that this Amp can also helped to suppress Solaris Hiss.

20191006_084052.jpg

was having trouble with DX221Mk2 since Friday, and my only DAP, so back to source I had, and make use of it.

Fiio E12a.
When pairing to Note8 directly using M2M SE cable, I was noticed, the Hiss is almost unoticable, even better then NX4DSD.
Soundwise, I got the wide Soundstage, with a bit muddy separation and Micro detail.
Warm is still the signature.

It served me well for a whole day until my DAP repair...
IMG-20191005-WA0007.jpeg
Its just like renowned the DAP again. The panic already passed, Thanks to a fellow friend.
My positive exp is I found out another device that can help to manage Hiss.
It was in my sleeves all the time...

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #6,378 of 12,035
I still can’t believe how the es100 and Solaris pair so well! All I can say is WOW!
Interesting! what other sources have you tried Solaris with?

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #6,379 of 12,035
Is anybody driving the Solaris with an SR15? Would be very interested on how well the SR15 drives them single or balanced output. Currently have and OG Andro and looking for a better bass kick.

Oct 6, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #6,380 of 12,035
Is anybody driving the Solaris with an SR15? Would be very interested on how well the SR15 drives them single or balanced output. Currently have and OG Andro and looking for a better bass kick.

If nobody else gets back to you on that, I can test that out when I’m back in Korea.

Oct 6, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #6,381 of 12,035

The balanced output on the SR15 is 4vrms which is what the sp1000m is able to push. I thought it sounded great and had plenty of bass. I use the medium gain on the CUBE though which is rated at 8vrms which does seem to give a weightier feel to the bass.

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #6,383 of 12,035

What is your source now?
The SR15 is a warm and a bit dark sounded DAP, the Solaris is plenty of bass, midbass and mids in it, but the highs are less airy than the AK240 for example.
The KANN CUBE is a neutral sounding DAP with better highs, soundstage, and powerfull bass with Solaris, the SP1000 is one of the best pairing IMO, beatiful highs and mids and very good bass.
The Cayin N8 on other hand, Is the best match for Solaris IMO, with the tube mode and low gain is the best singing match to my Solaris.
the SR15 is a very good match to The original andromedas.

Oct 6, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #6,385 of 12,035
Oct 7, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #6,386 of 12,035
What is your source now?
The SR15 is a warm and a bit dark sounded DAP, the Solaris is plenty of bass, midbass and mids in it, but the highs are less airy than the AK240 for example.
The KANN CUBE is a neutral sounding DAP with better highs, soundstage, and powerfull bass with Solaris, the SP1000 is one of the best pairing IMO, beatiful highs and mids and very good bass.
The Cayin N8 on other hand, Is the best match for Solaris IMO, with the tube mode and low gain is the best singing match to my Solaris.
the SR15 is a very good match to The original andromedas.
I concur with the Cube. It is a great pairing. The Cube is a great buy because it is easily used for desktop as well as portable. Frankly because of it's size, it is a better desktop or carry around the house DAP.

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #6,387 of 12,035
I have the Cobalt, CDM, mojo, fiio q5s, btr3, up2.
I'm interested in buying Q5s, Mojo or Cobalt. Which one do you think pairs best with Solaris? (ES100 wouldn't be powerful enough for my full size cans)

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #6,388 of 12,035
I'm interested in buying Q5s, Mojo or Cobalt. Which one do you think pairs best with Solaris? (ES100 wouldn't be powerful enough for my full size cans)

Hey Arghavan, I use the Ibasso DX220 and the mojo/poly with my CFA Solaris, I use the same DAP's with OppoPM3's HD650 and HD660 s and evan the realy hard to drive Fostex based mad dogs. I can recoment the DX220 with its stock amp (not the amp 9 too much waterfall hiss) and the mojo poly. I also drive them with a Fiio X5 and a AK70Mk2 all nice in their own way.

I also have the es100, as I use a balenced cable it is perfect for crossover to my PC and Phone. What sort of sound do you like ? You can get anything to drive the Solarise's but the sensitivity has its draw backs, Like the AMP9 just too much hiss. Although I have had sucsess using a ifi ie mathch to clean up a bad source.. Like my mobile :)

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #6,389 of 12,035
Hey Arghavan, I use the Ibasso DX220 and the mojo/poly with my CFA Solaris, I use the same DAP's with OppoPM3's HD650 and HD660 s and evan the realy hard to drive Fostex based mad dogs. I can recoment the DX220 with its stock amp (not the amp 9 too much waterfall hiss) and the mojo poly. I also drive them with a Fiio X5 and a AK70Mk2 all nice in their own way.

I also have the es100, as I use a balenced cable it is perfect for crossover to my PC and Phone. What sort of sound do you like ? You can get anything to drive the Solarise's but the sensitivity has its draw backs, Like the AMP9 just too much hiss. Although I have had sucsess using a ifi ie mathch to clean up a bad source.. Like my mobile :)
Thanks for the feedback. I can't really afford DX220 and I'm looking for a portable DAC/AMP. I really like the balanced sound of Solaris and I like the Harman target sound. the less hiss the better, I don't really like carrying extra dongles (like iEMatch) around.

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #6,390 of 12,035
Thanks for the feedback. I can't really afford DX220 and I'm looking for a portable DAC/AMP. I really like the balanced sound of Solaris and I like the Harman target sound. the less hiss the better, I don't really like carrying extra dongles (like iEMatch) around.
Mojo to iPhone is great with Solaris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back