Campfire - Solaris
Sep 23, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #6,350 of 12,035
My Solaris just arrived. I used the A&K Kann cube to listen it. Does the balanced cable really make difference on Solaris? For now, I only have the default 3.5mm unbalanced cable, it doesn't give me too much impression...
The bass driver needs to be broken in for 100+ hours before it hits it's sweet spot.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #6,351 of 12,035
I have the UE900 myself, and while it's good for 2014, it sounds a little too dated in today's market. In any case, I found it to be several notches below the Solaris.

Anyway, that's a really nice cable. How's the synergy? :)
The Solaris and Gold 16 go together very well, I thought the cable would do to much to the bass and lose a lot in the treble but that's not the case. The Solaris stays nicely balanced just leaning a little on the warm side.

Side note: I do agree with you on the UE900s but it's an old favorite I regretted selling (bought it when it originally came out) just had to have it again.

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #6,353 of 12,035
Hello Tristy. What ear tips are those?

They are “generic” double flange, wide bore tips with symbio foam inserts. I say generic but the are actually quite hard to find, I’ve attempted to find more but I’ve had no luck, most double flange tips have no “stem” before the first flange which allows you to put the foam on and gives you a deeper insertion depth but I’m still looking. These tips give me the best sound quality from the Solaris by far. Better than the spiral dots

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #6,354 of 12,035
My Solaris just arrived. I used the A&K Kann cube to listen it. Does the balanced cable really make difference on Solaris? For now, I only have the default 3.5mm unbalanced cable, it doesn't give me too much impression...

The Balanced output is night and day for me, better separation, layering and just over sq. I couldn’t go back to single ended. Highly recommend trying to see what you’re missing out on.

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #6,355 of 12,035
Welcome...

AK Kann Cube...!!! Nice...
well u know the drill, Eartip then Cable TRRS...

Its an One way direction... Enjoy...

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #6,356 of 12,035
The Solaris and Gold 16 go together very well, I thought the cable would do to much to the bass and lose a lot in the treble but that's not the case. The Solaris stays nicely balanced just leaning a little on the warm side.

Side note: I do agree with you on the UE900s but it's an old favorite I regretted selling (bought it when it originally came out) just had to have it again.
I tested the following balanced cables with the Solaris and the WM-1Z. I order of preference:

Gold 16
SXC 8
Reference 8
Silver Litz
Eros II+ 8 Wire

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #6,358 of 12,035
The Balanced output is night and day for me, better separation, layering and just over sq. I couldn’t go back to single ended. Highly recommend trying to see what you’re missing out on.
This is what I expected. I had ordered the 2.5mm balanced spuer litz cable already. I'll test it after I receive it. Thank you so much!
Would you please also recommend the ear tips? Some kind people had recommend the spiral dots. I need more advises!

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #6,359 of 12,035
Welcome...

AK Kann Cube...!!! Nice...
well u know the drill, Eartip then Cable TRRS...

Its an One way direction... Enjoy...
No I don't! :triportsad: I'm newly to hifi setup.
I had ordered the Camprefire 2.5mm balanced TRRS cable. May receive it a few days later.
But for the ear tips, do you have some suggestions? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #6,360 of 12,035
This is what I expected. I had ordered the 2.5mm balanced spuer litz cable already. I'll test it after I receive it. Thank you so much!
Would you please also recommend the ear tips? Some kind people had recommend the spiral dots. I need more advises!
spin fits cp145 are my 2nd fave with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back