Campfire - Solaris
Sep 24, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #6,361 of 12,035
No I don't! :triportsad: I'm newly to hifi setup.
I had ordered the Camprefire 2.5mm balanced TRRS cable. May receive it a few days later.
But for the ear tips, do you have some suggestions? Thanks for your advice in advance.
Well, I consider myself lucky, because my eartip search was quite short.
For me, TFZ Silicon eartip with big bore diameter was my favo, similar in size bore diameter & looks like Accustone eartip, but TFZ will seems more harsh, while Accustone seems smoother in High/Treble.

I had ear irritation with foam material, that's narrow down some choice.
And end up in custome eartip...

My Suggestion, try it first, with source and resources that's available...

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #6,362 of 12,035
I tested the following balanced cables with the Solaris and the WM-1Z. I order of preference:

Gold 16
SXC 8
Reference 8
Silver Litz
Eros II+ 8 Wire
I would agree with your line. Haven't tried the Eros ll+ but I'll take your word for it.

Just need to find a pure copper cable with good synergy.

Sep 24, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #6,363 of 12,035
Has anyone tried the Dunu Hulk cable with the Solaris or any IEM really?

Sep 24, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #6,364 of 12,035
I would agree with your line. Haven't tried the Eros ll+ but I'll take your word for it.

Just need to find a pure copper cable with good synergy.
If I may suggest, find cable that the material treatment like UP-OCC chopper (Low/Bass get more detail), with Litz Structure (Separation and dark backgrounds)... will get more aggressive with 8 core (for low volume listening).

There's Solaris head fi user who used to used it...
Its a versatile cable, multi jack likes... Dita Oslo...
need to try those again

Here is his Review of Dunu Hulk... with Solaris.. but I forgot his Headfi ID

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #6,366 of 12,035
I have the Hulk cable but unfortunately it is the 2-pin version

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #6,368 of 12,035
For your viewing pleasure... this is quite the set up, just received the PW audio Loki 8 wire and I’ve gotta say it absolutely DESTROYS the EA Lionheart. Separation, clarity (literally hearing details in songs I didn’t know were there) and a new emphasis on sub bass which injects some much needed musicality coming from the Lionheart.
Tristy any new thoughts concerning the PW audio Loki 8 wire? I actually just ordered it myself.

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #6,369 of 12,035
Tristy any new thoughts concerning the PW audio Loki 8 wire? I actually just ordered it myself.

it seems to be a very good pairing with the Solaris. I tried it with my Atlas but it didn’t seem to be as good of a pairing compared to the Eros II 4 wire for that set. The Loki with the Solaris seems to place an emphasis on the sub bass while keeping the treble organic which I didn’t think was possible with a silver based cable. The dynamics are great and the background seems to be extra dark compared the lionheart making vocals and details pop and everything just seems so much clearer. Definitely make you sit forward and listen to the Solaris while the lionheart seemed very laid back and emphasised the midrange while giving it a smooth, liquid-y like quality... hard to explain but I guess what I’m trying to say is it’s a very good cable for bringing out the technicalities of the iem while keeping the top end organic and adding some sub bass oomph

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #6,370 of 12,035
it seems to be a very good pairing with the Solaris. I tried it with my Atlas but it didn’t seem to be as good of a pairing compared to the Eros II 4 wire for that set. The Loki with the Solaris seems to place an emphasis on the sub bass while keeping the treble organic which I didn’t think was possible with a silver based cable. The dynamics are great and the background seems to be extra dark compared the lionheart making vocals and details pop and everything just seems so much clearer. Definitely make you sit forward and listen to the Solaris while the lionheart seemed very laid back and emphasised the midrange while giving it a smooth, liquid-y like quality... hard to explain but I guess what I’m trying to say is it’s a very good cable for bringing out the technicalities of the iem while keeping the top end organic and adding some sub bass oomph
Awesome! Your impressions sound like this cable is right down my alley. I would in no way be able to explain things quite as well as you since I’m pretty new to Hifi IEM’s so definitely appreciate your thoughts.

Sep 27, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #6,371 of 12,035
Awesome! Your impressions sound like this cable is right down my alley. I would in no way be able to explain things quite as well as you since I’m pretty new to Hifi IEM’s so definitely appreciate your thoughts.

Yeah it really was a breath of fresh air after having the lionheart on it for some time, really did everything I was hoping for for the Solaris! Great cable and the build quality is amazing, it’s built like a tank which is more than what can be said for the effect audio counterparts. Please post your impressions when you receive it, it will be interesting to know your thoughts. Just for reference I’m using a 2.5mm balanced terminated 8 wire into the cube. Either way I’m very happy with the purchase.

Sep 28, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #6,372 of 12,035
I have the Hulk cable but unfortunately it is the 2-pin version
I like the Hulk, especially it's Dita Truth style of connecting. It is nice to be able to change the connector while leaving the 2-pins connected. The cable looks "Hulkish", thick and fat. It does sit a bit heavy but the ergonomics are surprisingly good.

Sep 28, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #6,373 of 12,035
The Solaris and Gold 16 go together very well, I thought the cable would do to much to the bass and lose a lot in the treble but that's not the case. The Solaris stays nicely balanced just leaning a little on the warm side.

Side note: I do agree with you on the UE900s but it's an old favorite I regretted selling (bought it when it originally came out) just had to have it again.
Yeah, I was also looking to coax a little more warmth out of the Solaris. I'm currently using it with a Thor Silver II+; its pure silver composition brings out clarity in spades. Still, I'm a huge fan of portable amplifiers, so I routinely use the Solaris with an ALO Continental V5. The amp adds some body and weight, and brings a little more low-end slam into the picture.

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #6,374 of 12,035
17BA31A6-15E7-419C-AC0B-BC2F905B5C70.jpeg

Enjoying pair with Note 8 (enyxos) with UAPP. Almost no Hiss. But if you play spotify etc, it will Hiss....
Love the mid bass it produces...

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #6,375 of 12,035
Since DX221mk2 Sound sig change, I was trying to do cable swapping.
trying Dita Oslo for the 2nd time.
20191004_132344.jpg
Quite interesting output, Only notice 3 things stand out.
1) Bass got Body and texture, very stand out. Top notch. IMHO good pair for bass Detail...
2) the treble still spark, not detail but there.
3) each frequency seems stand out..
The Compensation, it seems lack coherent and dynamic between Low and Mid.
Well that what I exp.

IMG-20191004-WA0019.jpeg
EA ARES II plus, somehow this seems my cup of tea with current pairing DX221mk2 and Solaris.
The Mid Bass become thicker... but the compensation clarity /airy decrease.

With this, my cable move to chopper due to DX221mk2 FW sound sig change...

Just sharing my 1 cent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back