Campfire - Solaris
Apr 6, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #4,606 of 12,035
I've been "eyeing" the Eagle catalog on HD Tracks. Where did you get your version? I also watched part of the Eagle Farewell Tour from Melbourne the other night and am thinking of getting the DVD to rip the audio from. I have Hell Freezes Over and it sounds great on the Solaris.
Sending you a PM.

Apr 7, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #4,607 of 12,035
It's not so much envy as the temptation to take just "that one more step" towards auditory nirvana. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that what many of us are really after is that dopamine rush that comes from ordering/demoing one more incredible piece of gear. But your point stands-- all that's really needed is one IEM and a good source and as much as people's impressions would indicate otherwise the difference between most of the TOTL iems/daps out there right now amounts to splitting hairs. I've never in my life been this happy with my portable audio setup. Just this afternoon I listened to the whole album Yes by the Pet Shop Boys and it has never sounded better to me. Those of us who have found ideal setups that work for us should, as you say, retire from the rat race and enjoy what we have rather than sacrifice it on the alter of "just one more upgrade".

Sounds like a plan :)
Yes I have finished my search for a while as well and am very happy. I have a few totl including solaris and honestly I feel like I'm finally finished. Maybe some new tech comes out or a new fancy cable like the leo ii 8wire! but after trying a lot of iems I found the signature I want.

Apr 7, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #4,608 of 12,035
Yes I have finished my search for a while as well and am very happy. I have a few totl including solaris and honestly I feel like I'm finally finished. Maybe some new tech comes out or a new fancy cable like the leo ii 8wire! but after trying a lot of iems I found the signature I want.

That's awesome and I'm in the same boat. Between the Solaris, Empire Ears Phantom and the A&K SP1KM, I'm set as well. Will just investigate cables for the foreseeable future. If I hit the lottery, than that would change :ksc75smile: Time to just listen to the music :beerchug:

Apr 7, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #4,610 of 12,035

That's awesome and I'm in the same boat. Between the Solaris, Empire Ears Phantom and the A&K SP1KM, I'm set as well. Will just investigate cables for the foreseeable future. If I hit the lottery, than that would change :ksc75smile: Time to just listen to the music :beerchug:

Listen to the music indeed. I might pick up a used Vega or Atlas sometime down the road to indulge my (now in the closet) basshead tendencies...but for the time being, I'm set :)

Apr 8, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #4,611 of 12,035
As mentioned a few pages back, here's another ridiculous photo of Solaris. Like the first one, this was taken with a Galaxy Note 8 and is not edited (other than being cropped)

20190407_181429.jpg

The moral here is that gold looks good with gold. I could trade those Krugerrands for a WM1Z I suppose...

Attachments

• 20190407_181357.jpg
    20190407_181357.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #4,612 of 12,035
As mentioned a few pages back, here's another ridiculous photo of Solaris. Like the first one, this was taken with a Galaxy Note 8 and is not edited (other than being cropped)

The moral here is that gold looks good with gold. I could trade those Krugerrands for a WM1Z I suppose...
Those look nice. Hold on to them gold is way undervalued right now.

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #4,613 of 12,035
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #4,614 of 12,035
Credit to Campfire Audio, I got a prompt full refund. Looking at return policies from different sellers and other iem makers despite the 15-day window this is about as good as it gets, unless headphones.com sells Campfire iems with full refunds and that absurd one-year window that makes virtually no sense to me.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #4,615 of 12,035
Credit to Campfire Audio, I got a prompt full refund. Looking at return policies from different sellers and other iem makers despite the 15-day window this is about as good as it gets, unless headphones.com sells Campfire iems with full refunds and that absurd one-year window that makes virtually no sense to me.

One of the reasons I really love Campfire.

I had a MMCX connector break over 12 months ago on my Jupiter, at the time it was 12 months out of warranty. Campfire said a driver was apparently not in good shape either, so they gave me a new pair - freely.

Brilliant company.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #4,616 of 12,035

Headphones.com has said their return policy applies to all new items. So if you buy new from them, you get their 365-days.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #4,617 of 12,035
Oh lol XD I can't see his posts...

Lots of people here giving excellent advice and recommendations, but to no avail....I thought more people would have come to the conclusion that the audio gear is not the cause of this gentleman's lack of satisfaction.

You guys will learn this sooner or later, but lemme drop some knowledge on ya: People with depressed mindsets are unable to be impressed by even the most sublime of experiences. This means a negative experience with the Solaris is not due to the Solaris itself, but a negative mindset of the listener. I guarantee if any of us got into a fight with our wife, and then went out to drive a Ferrari on a racetrack, we would still be pissed...at 200+ mph. Issue: negative mindset, not the Ferrari :D

I say this, because I don't want newcomers to this thread to be discouraged by one person's negative experience with the Solaris. I hope to try one myself in the near future!
Works for me. It seems strange for someone to be involved in this hobby and have never ever heard one thing that sounds good. It's like, maybe you should get a new hobby, lol.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #4,618 of 12,035
Head-fi is a money pit. If you have an iem that you really like, stick with it. A decent DAP and 1 iem is all most people will ever need. Envy is a very expensive vice.
And to be honest most of the TOTL iems are at a point that there is not really going to much more improvement in sound.
My WM1A and RHA CL2 pairing is about as good of a combo as I have heard, and when I get my Quad ESL speaker setup, I will retire from the audio rat race.
Onto bigger and better things :)
Honestly, it's nice have multiple IEM's with contrasting sound signatures. My goal is to have 1 of each type. Dynamic, hybrid, planar. BA...

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #4,619 of 12,035
Don't :deadhorse:. I enjoy these types of exchanges but mods don't. I don't know why the quoted post wasn't deleted while a dap-related quote-laden impressions breakdown was but have the decency to refrain from one-sided shots. Enjoy your "hobby", let me mind my own ideally one-time entertainment purchases.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #4,620 of 12,035
Don't :deadhorse:. I enjoy these types of exchanges but mods don't. I don't know why the quoted post wasn't deleted while a dap-related quote-laden impressions breakdown was but have the decency to refrain from one-sided shots. Enjoy your "hobby", let me mind my own ideally one-time entertainment purchases.
OK, chief. Any more orders?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back