Campfire - Solaris
Feb 15, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #3,511 of 12,035
There’s two of us on here from Vancouver with the Solaris?!

I find the bass on the Solaris to be absolutely perfect, and I listen to a lot of techno and electronic music. It’s very clean and tight and not at all boomy. Very similar to how it sounds on a high end standalone separates Hifi system.

Another Solaris owner in Vancouver here

Feb 15, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #3,513 of 12,035
Some questions for tip-rolling Solaris owners here:
  1. anyone using new Comply's new Comfort Plus (Tsx-400) here? how does it affect the sound with that earwax guard?
  2. and which Symbio tip do you recommend? W or W-Peeled?

Feb 15, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #3,515 of 12,035
Looking for some GREAT tips for the Solaris. Highly recommend this. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/40p...913.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.21a54c4drUHw5r

Comfort and isolation of complys. But with better seal and sound chanelling of silicones. ( No loss of bass or treble.) These are what I hoped symbio W tips would have been to be honest. Better than any other tip I own. $10 for 20 pairs. A recent discovery of mine. WAY better than complys.

Go for the T400 large or medium they are the same things. I ordered the large and ended up with medium. Which is a 12.5mm diameter tip works great for guys that use large tips.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #3,516 of 12,035
B83C0AC9-40F4-45FB-967D-FD4663610FDA.jpeg Looking forward to the NYC show, if your going please stop by and say hi and have a listen.

Cheers!

KB

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 15, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #3,518 of 12,035
FD81CDD0-EA47-481E-931A-0FFD27820125.jpeg

Got mine a couple of days ago! Really impressed with the combination of Solaris + M5s (with the balanced Super Litz cable). Rich, dynamic and detailed sound and no hiss or background noise whatsoever. The Solaris expose so much background sound on my OPPO HA-1 - It sounds like they’re plugged into a guitar amp!

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #3,519 of 12,035
Some questions for tip-rolling Solaris owners here:
  1. anyone using new Comply's new Comfort Plus (Tsx-400) here? how does it affect the sound with that earwax guard?
  2. and which Symbio tip do you recommend? W or W-Peeled?
I like then best with my Symbios not having foam. They won't stay in my ears very well with the foam for some reason. I have heard of a truck where you can use the foam from the smaller size and it works great. I don't have any size small though.

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #3,520 of 12,035
If you have issues with symbios poping out of your ears. Try them foams I listed. Wont cost you much. You get 20 pairs for $10. Cant beat that deal. It seals better than the Symbios in my ears for me and better yet it sounds absolutely superb using them foams.

It is the best of both foam tips and wide bored silicones in the ears. In fact I have pretty much replaced all my in ears tips I was using previously, symbios or Spiral dots using these foams. My earphones just fit better for me using them.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #3,521 of 12,035
If you have issues with symbios poping out of your ears. Try them foams I listed. Wont cost you much. You get 20 pairs for $10. Cant beat that deal. It seals better than the Symbios in my ears for me and better yet it sounds absolutely superb using them foams.

It is the best of both foam tips and wide bored silicones in the ears. In fact I have pretty much replaced all my in ears tips I was using previously, symbios or Spiral dots using these foams. My earphones just fit better for me using them.
Alright my man, I'll give them a shot. Thank you for the recommendation!

Edit: they don't look any different than regular foam, at a closer inspection.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #3,522 of 12,035
I actually had pretty good luck with the CA foams that come with the Solaris.
Much better than Comply's and don't impact on the sound, or so I haven't noticed.

I also bought the Dsnuts recommended tips above, going to compare when they show up.

Feb 15, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #3,523 of 12,035
Good comment, referring to what I demoed ZX300 a month ago, really a good DAP, can deliver great detail in 4.4 balanced like my stack at that time (X5iii + NX4DSD). But, the bass is detail rumble but not punchy (edit) for SOLARIS...
My deal breaker at that time was Streaming capabilities (can be via LDAC but I dont want), can't cue single flac file, and Noise (this is because, I was demoed in a mall, very loud environment, so I was hesitated about the noise).
But reading others used ZX300 and solaris, my impression that it was a good pairing that the noise is acceptable (or neglectable).

Answering your question about Sound signature or SQ, I need to pair it again, because using N5iiS now, I am using back to my original stock Cable Slitz SE, while when demoing ZX300, I was using 4.4 mm Abnormal Cable (warm). So already different Sound signature here...
What I remember ZX300 tends to be on warm, IMO, and N5iiS is neutral (bright in my ear). in the end.. u need to try...

Because if I dont have budget issued, I will go with that DAMN EXPENSIVE CABLE (edit : for me right now) pairing with my NOTE 8.. hehehe..
2) Janus Basso
Janus Basso cable is the side quest, really opening for my ear. Low and Mid segment really details... this is the reason why solaris DD were mean to be, IMO.
I even compare NOTE8 with janus cable vs QP1R with S.litz (3.5SE). and my ear goes to Janus pairing with Note8 (Noise and SQ).
Pairing Qp1r with janus, the noise become noticeable....

I forgot to respond to you. Thank you! I would probably buy than dap but first I want to see what Sony comes out with at the end of the year. I hope they get with the times and release a dap with streaming capabilities!

Feb 15, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #3,524 of 12,035
How would you all compare the impact of the Solaris lows with the Vega? I get the impression they are perhaps as full but without impact. I own the Andro and Vega and although very satisfied with the vega do miss some of the Andro’s separation and clarity. Thanks :)

Feb 15, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #3,525 of 12,035
Alright my man, I'll give them a shot. Thank you for the recommendation!

Edit: they don't look any different than regular foam, at a closer inspection.

They are foam tips but the finish they are using on the foams. It is softer foam a bit more gummy than the much stiffer complys. They form much better in the ear vs the standard foams like complys which in the end results in better sound, better comfort. It will be some of the best $10 you will ever spend on tips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back