Campfire - Solaris
Dec 24, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #2,521 of 12,035
Solaris? Feeble bass extension? What? You sure? Solaris extends deeper than most IEMs on the market.

Andro feels more clear because it has more Treble. In sheer resolution, Solaris trumps Andromeda. This is more of a flaw of Andromeda making everything too bright.
Solaris imaging is top notch. If you call Solaris Imaging a flaw, I have no words...

This debate may never end. But I understand where you are coming from. Hardware wise both Andro and Solaris are almost identical expect the bass drivers and the acoustic chamber. I am sure on this coz I know someone personally who dissected them both and helped me understand the same.

So waste of time arguing as neither one could be superior, I consider the difference to be a personal preference. No hard feelings..

Note: Personally I support CA for serving the community with TOTL imaging at bargain prices, but their dealership network su*ks big time, CA must learn 'customer service' from EE.

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #2,523 of 12,035
This debate may never end. But I understand where you are coming from. Hardware wise both Andro and Solaris are almost identical expect the bass drivers and the acoustic chamber. I am sure on this coz I know someone personally who dissected them both and helped me understand the same.

So waste of time arguing as neither one could be superior, I consider the difference to be a personal preference. No hard feelings..

Note: Personally I support CA for serving the community with TOTL imaging at bargain prices, but their dealership network su*ks big time, CA must learn 'customer service' from EE.
Solaris has Atlas as the Bass Driver, Comet as the midrange driver and Andro high as the treble driver. The midrange driver is different from Andro since it is vented. Andro midrange driver is not vented.

There is no debate tbh, if you like an overall coherent neutral signature, Solaris is the way to go. If you like a brighter signature, then Andro.

It's ok if people disagree with you.
I am just asking someone to point out a flaw in Solaris. Seriously though, if people here are claiming Solaris are not flawless and the Solaris is indeed flawed, I'd like them to argue with said flaws instead of just saying something ambiguous like "I heard it and it's okay for the price"

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #2,524 of 12,035
The most ideal sounding headphones I’ve ever heard are Abyss AB-1266 phi. They have detail in gobs, spaciousness, and dat. bass. The ergonomics are a mess though.

Enter Utopia. Awesome clarity, dynamics, detail, detail, detail. But a neutral tuning. I want more bass. Throw a 4-5 dB bass eq boost and it’s my daily at home driver. You can listen to hours without fatigue.

For mobile, Vega was super fun for commutes. It will rip your face off with bass intensity. If you want to slay dragons then boy does this one slay.

To me, Solaris is like a portable utopia. That’s good company imo.

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #2,525 of 12,035
Solaris has Atlas as the Bass Driver, Comet as the midrange driver and Andro high as the treble driver. The midrange driver is different from Andro since it is vented. Andro midrange driver is not vented.

I am just asking someone to point out a flaw in Solaris. Seriously though, if people here are claiming Solaris are not flawless and the Solaris is indeed flawed, I'd like them to argue with said flaws instead of just saying something ambiguous like "I heard it and it's okay for the price"

I see some serious blood pressure in these words... must be in early 20's??

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year..

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #2,526 of 12,035
The most ideal sounding headphones I’ve ever heard are Abyss AB-1266 phi. They have detail in gobs, spaciousness, and dat. bass. The ergonomics are a mess though.

Enter Utopia. Awesome clarity, dynamics, detail, detail, detail. But a neutral tuning. I want more bass. Throw a 4-5 dB bass eq boost and it’s my daily at home driver. You can listen to hours without fatigue.

For mobile, Vega was super fun for commutes. It will rip your face off with bass intensity. If you want to slay dragons then boy does this one slay.

To me, Solaris is like a portable utopia. That’s good company imo.
For my tastes the Utopia was one of the worst things I have ever put on my ears. Ever.
Just shows you, we all have different ears and likes.
Agree with you on the Vega though :)

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #2,527 of 12,035
I see some serious blood pressure in these words... must be in early 20's??

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year..
I am just tired of people misinterpreting my words. When I said Solaris is flawless, I meant it having no glaring weaknesses like other TOTL IEMs and I mentioned this again and again and yet people insist I meant these are best at everything.

If one is going to claim my statement is wrong like this:

I tried the Solaris recently. It's ok for its price and Is definitely not FLAWLESS. I like the andro but not enough to justify owning one. I haven't tried the se5u but would love to give it a try sooner or later. The erlkonig is more of a novelty iem that only those who have the cash would buy. I tried it on 2 separate occasions, at a private event and canjam. It's nice but not worth the pricetag attached. I hope you have a good Christmas.

then they better point out some flaws in the Solaris.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #2,528 of 12,035
I am just tired of people misinterpreting my words. When I said Solaris is flawless, I meant it having no glaring weaknesses like other TOTL IEMs and I mentioned this again and again and yet people insist I meant these are best at everything.

If one is going to claim my statement is wrong like this:

then they better point out some flaws in the Solaris.
Never apologize to the mob. You love the Solaris, and to you it is flawless.
Enough said.
Let them deal with it, and if they think something else is better, they should go buy that.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #2,529 of 12,035
Solaris is actually flawless guys.
It's rich, bold, dynamic, incredibly layered with the imaging to die for. It truly is one of a kind, among the very best wether you want to admit that or not.
Honestly, the twist at the end alone is more ambitious than the entire Inception movie.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #2,530 of 12,035
Solaris is actually flawless guys.
It's rich, bold, dynamic, incredibly layered with the imaging to die for. It truly is one of a kind, among the very best wether you want to admit that or not.
Honestly, the twist at the end alone is more ambitious than the entire Inception movie.
You might be sarcastic but that's actually what the Solaris sounds like

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #2,531 of 12,035
For my tastes the Utopia was one of the worst things I have ever put on my ears. Ever.
Just shows you, we all have different ears and likes.
Agree with you on the Vega though :)
Agreed. Everyone digs their own thing. I’m fine with that. This isn’t a hobby where more money spent means more satisfaction.

Just enjoy the music for what it is.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #2,532 of 12,035
Solaris? Feeble bass extension? What? You sure? Solaris extends deeper than most IEMs on the market.

Andro feels more clear because it has more Treble. In sheer resolution, Solaris trumps Andromeda. This is more of a flaw of Andromeda making everything too bright.
Solaris imaging is top notch. If you call Solaris Imaging a flaw, I have no words...

You might like Andro's brighter tuning but that doesn't change the fact Solaris is the overall better IEM objectively.
Too flawless to have actual QC

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #2,534 of 12,035
Um when Singapore has not just 1, but at least four demos that don't even sound the same, I'm not sure who is trolling.

And even a kid can tell Solaris is large, don't see how growing up will help people who have fit issues.

"Oh Solaris doesn't fit you? Grow up then!"

I was extremely reluctant to come in disturbing people over Christmas, but that is uncalled for.
Just burn in your ear canals man, I recommend 150 hours as per @Kitechaser

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #2,535 of 12,035
Um when Singapore has not just 1, but at least four demos that don't even sound the same, I'm not sure who is trolling.

And even a kid can tell Solaris is large, don't see how growing up will help people who have fit issues.

"Oh Solaris doesn't fit you? Grow up then!"

I was extremely reluctant to come in disturbing people over Christmas, but that is uncalled for.

I think you know exactly what he means. QC and Fit are something we have no control. These fit me better than most IEMs but not everyone has large ears.
Just burn in your ear canals man
???

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back