Campfire - Solaris
Dec 22, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #2,446 of 12,035
I know it is easy to dismiss a cheaper $70 cable. I mean the super alo litz that comes with the Solaris is $200 right? Can't possibly be as good as the stock cable right?

For your $70 the cable I listed is an actual upgrade. Believe me I would not have posted that cable if it was even a side grade to what we already get in the box. In this case you get way more than what you pay for.
They got a nice pair of earbuds up at the 7-11 for $9.99! It would be a good match, I'm sure they sound amazing!

Dec 22, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #2,447 of 12,035
You most certainly do not need to spend hundreds/thousands on a cable to get good sound. It’s not as if Ken Ball & co. don’t know what they’re doing with cables.

Dec 22, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #2,448 of 12,035
I know it is easy to dismiss a cheaper $70 cable. I mean the super alo litz that comes with the Solaris is $200 right? Can't possibly be as good as the stock cable right?

For your $70 the cable I listed is an actual upgrade. Believe me I would not have posted that cable if it was even a side grade to what we already get in the box. In this case you get way more than what you pay for.
i get ur point...
for me, solaris with ref8 is prob the better choice...
but alternative is ur suggestions is counted due I only have 1 ref8 and is going to Solaris.... While polaris with super Litz is not as good with ref8

burn burn burn..

Dec 22, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #2,449 of 12,035
Many of the early adapters of the Solaris including myself didn't get a balanced cable which guys that bought them during black Friday deals got a free cable. Which left me searching for a balanced cable. During aliexpress sales day 11.11 my goal was to find THE cable to match with the Solaris. I ended up buying 5 nice cables all under a $100. The Lunashop pure silver cable came up on top easily. Astounding value in that cable.

Dec 22, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #2,450 of 12,035
You most certainly do not need to spend hundreds/thousands on a cable to get good sound. It’s not as if Ken Ball & co. don’t know what they’re doing with cables.
You don't need to spend money on audio equipment at all, that's why it's a hobby. You don't need to buy after market cables, but more expensive cables offer something cheaper cables do not, and the perceived differences are enough for certain people to justify the cost. Differences are subtle, but subtleties are what people shoot for!!!

Dec 22, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #2,451 of 12,035
Dec 22, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #2,452 of 12,035
I am certain anyone that takes my advice on that cable will be pleasantly surprised. It is the real deal. Pure silver if not for your Solaris works extremely well on your other iems. Oh by the way @davidmolliere your mention Ibasso pushing sonics on their phones. I just got their IT01s. Astounding value. Look into it. Great for a knock around pair of earphones.

Dec 22, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #2,453 of 12,035
I am certain anyone that takes my advice on that cable will be pleasantly surprised. It is the real deal. Pure silver if not for your Solaris works extremely well on your other iems. Oh by the way @davidmolliere your mention Ibasso pushing sonics on their phones. I just got their IT01s. Astounding value. Look into it. Great for a knock around pair of earphones.

I am stunned by the SR1 (full size headphone) SQ at the price point, now I wonder about IT04 really... and DX120 punches quite above its price point as well, definitely the specialty of the brand!

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #2,454 of 12,035
IT01 have good separation and decent Low... actually their cable is very nice, looks great..

now I am also looking at that pure silver cable..

Dec 22, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #2,455 of 12,035
I am stunned by the SR1 (full size headphone) SQ at the price point, now I wonder about IT04 really... and DX120 punches quite above its price point as well, definitely the specialty of the brand!

I own both the IT04 and the new IT01s. Both are excellent and worth owning. IT04 is their highest end hybrid earphones but the new IT01s. Shocking how great they sound. I just got it 2 days ago and they are on the burn in. I was shocked at how much of an upgrade the IT01S is their older IT01. SQ the level of $500 plus phones easily. As much as the IT04 pushes sonics. The IT01s is shocking. No way is there a $200 phone that sounds as good. I would even put it up against my Andromda S in pure sonic production. It is crazy.

Anyways back on topic. My Solaris is sounding better than it ever has due to that cable. My Shanling M5s is surprising as well.

Dec 22, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #2,456 of 12,035
Oh I didn’t know about the IT01S thanks for pointing that out (oh looked at the product page... think I’ll get one :p), back to Solaris... it will be interesting to get them back after 10 days on loan, fresh ears after a lot of KSE1500 time...

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #2,457 of 12,035
I own both the IT04 and the new IT01s. Both are excellent and worth owning. IT04 is their highest end hybrid earphones but the new IT01s. Shocking how great they sound. I just got it 2 days ago and they are on the burn in. I was shocked at how much of an upgrade the IT01S is their older IT01. SQ the level of $500 plus phones easily. As much as the IT04 pushes sonics. The IT01s is shocking. No way is there a $200 phone that sounds as good. I would even put it up against my Andromda S in pure sonic production. It is crazy.

Anyways back on topic. My Solaris is sounding better than it ever has due to that cable. My Shanling M5s is surprising as well.
I have been eyeing the IT01S as a gym pair. What other dynamic iems would you compare it to?
Sorry, let him answer that, and then back to the Solaris.

Edit: can we move this to the IT01S thread :)

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #2,458 of 12,035
Don't know. It is a giant leap over their previous IT01. Which was an excellent earphone for a $100. The SQ is off the chain on them. I would say they have some similarities to the Beyer xelento earphones in detail but not quite at that level in sonics. Actually has a less of a V shaped Fr than the xelentos. Both utilizing tesla magnets on their drivers and by the way Ibasso is using DLC coating on a newly developed carbon nanotube driver. The driver in their new IT01s is a serious business. For a $200 phone. I know many guys are deciding on either the Moondrop Kanasas pro or the IT01s.

IT01s was a day one purchase for me. No hesitation and no regrets. I have a feeling they will garner a big fan base.

Sorry for getting off topic guys. Back to the Solaris.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #2,459 of 12,035
Deleted wrong topic

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back