Campfire - Solaris
Dec 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #2,071 of 12,035
I like them out of my sp1000 but they are great out of the idsd bl and the ak300. Out of a phone I think you are not getting the most from the solaris or any totl iem.
I tried them side by side out of my s8 and out of the idsd black label. The black label was more resolving and had more bass impact/tightened the bass. Id say that the s8 got 90% to 95% of what the black label got out of it. Not too big of a difference, but of course in this hobby everything counts.

I sold my black label and my hd800 to fund toward the Solaris. My opinion is that the Solaris out of my s8 is much better than the andromeda, or the comet out of my s8, so might as well get it. When I have the money I will upgrade my phone and possibly get a good DAP.

Dec 6, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #2,074 of 12,035
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #2,075 of 12,035
wait a gosh darn minute the solaris is supposed to be positioned vertically...?! :confused:

Dec 6, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #2,076 of 12,035
Dec 6, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #2,077 of 12,035
deleted

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #2,078 of 12,035
To be fair I suddenly remembered that the Andromeda was supposed to be vertical as well when I saw it. It was either in the Andromeda manual (having skipped the Solaris manual :p) or because of the fact the CA logo is only correctly oriented when the IEM is vertical

Dec 6, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #2,079 of 12,035
Looks like these will be available locally in the next month or so! Excited to give them a try.

(Bit unfortunate that the dealer chance lined up with the Solaris release delaying its availability here, but can’t complain too much :))

Dec 6, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #2,080 of 12,035
wait a gosh darn minute the solaris is supposed to be positioned vertically...?! :confused:
Yeah I realized this a few days ago. Unless I position them vertically I get more pressure on my ear canal and I couldnt wear them more than 45 mins.

Now with the vertical positioning I almost forget they are there, they lock in place and the seal is incredible ( I dont hear much going on around me even without the music...with music on I cant hear anything but what im playing).

I will say it takes about a minute and a little fiddling before I get them perfectly in the right position though.

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #2,081 of 12,035
If they believe so much in it, why don't they burn it in before selling? Do they want us to risk us hearing worse response from not being burnt in? Hmm.
Burning in before selling would drive the price up as they would need to build burn-in rigs and it would slow down production.

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #2,082 of 12,035
I tried them side by side out of my s8 and out of the idsd black label. The black label was more resolving and had more bass impact/tightened the bass. Id say that the s8 got 90% to 95% of what the black label got out of it. Not too big of a difference, but of course in this hobby everything counts.

I sold my black label and my hd800 to fund toward the Solaris. My opinion is that the Solaris out of my s8 is much better than the andromeda, or the comet out of my s8, so might as well get it. When I have the money I will upgrade my phone and possibly get a good DAP.

I hope that money comes rolling in soon. I have the s8 as well and I do think it sounds good, however when listening to album on the phone vs my ak I just can't get over it. A/b comparison they are close but over long listening sessions I think is when the magic happens and your heart melts.

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #2,083 of 12,035
Burning in before selling would drive the price up as they would need to build burn-in rigs and it would slow down production.

Personally, I like burning in. I think its cool how it changes and grows on you. Always believed in burn in even before I knew what burn in was. When I was young I had the sony mdr v6 and shure 215 and I swear those things changed from first open to a while later. But it doesnt matter, these solaris are dope. I wanna return them but darn it I can't. I'm enjoying them too much.

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #2,085 of 12,035
I heard from reddit that there was some drama over the solaris, something about the hype train being derailed, can anyone provide me a link to the comments?

Crinacle has a review that wasn’t entirely glowing, and someone responded to that a few pages back that the hype train is dead and the Solaris is trash.

It’s... really not a big deal - let’s keep the thread about the IEM, not drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back