Campfire - Solaris
Dec 6, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #2,087 of 12,035
Does anyone know if the solaris fits in the smaller campfire audio case?

Also has anyone tried the solaris out of a buffer jack like the iematch with a phone?

I’m actually interested in the opposite - whether CA has plans to sell the Solaris case by itself at some point. I love the smaller case, but they can be a bit small for some IEMs (or bigger cables).

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #2,088 of 12,035
Personally, I like burning in. I think its cool how it changes and grows on you. Always believed in burn in even before I knew what burn in was. When I was young I had the sony mdr v6 and shure 215 and I swear those things changed from first open to a while later. But it doesnt matter, these solaris are dope. I wanna return them but darn it I can't. I'm enjoying them too much.
Why do want to return them?

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #2,089 of 12,035

Also has anyone tried the solaris out of a buffer jack like the iematch with a phone?
I store the Solaris is the smaller case.

I tried out a 20ohm buffer. Increases Treble and decreases bass

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #2,090 of 12,035
Dec 6, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #2,091 of 12,035
I store the Solaris is the smaller case.

I tried out a 20ohm buffer. Increases Treble and decreases bass

Do they fit in the smaller case with the IEM pouches? Or do you need to take those off?

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #2,092 of 12,035

I am using the iematch when i pair them with the ALO C5V. It cut out all of the hiss and i don't find it to alter the sound significantly.

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #2,094 of 12,035
Should fit the pouches

Ok thanks! I guess Solaris isn't that much bigger than Andromeda then? (Andromeda w/ pouches in the small case is a snug fit)

That's also pretty promising re: IEM size, since fit is one of my biggest concerns with the Solaris.

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #2,098 of 12,035
Just ordered a Solaris with the balanced cable as an early christmas gift. Got the SE100 on the way as well.

RIP bank account.

I am there with you I picked up the solaris over black friday with the balanced cable as well. Then I was going through this thread and saw that the C5V was looking like a good pairing so I jumped on it when they were at 50% off. i will say that I really like them out of the AK SP1000 and hope that you like them with the SE100. i probably would have gotten the se100 if they released it at the same time as the sp1000. That is AK for you though and now they release the SP1000m for $1,000 less. Earlier merry christmas too enjoy you only live once.

PS my bank account is pretty much dead at this point too. I just picked up a focal clear today and am currently letting it burn in. I am hoping for my wallets sake I don't really like the new ZMF headphones they will have them all at the meet this weekend.

Cheers :wink:

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #2,099 of 12,035
For anyone interested, I may part ways with my Solaris as it's not quite my jam - you may message me to inquire.

Has about 4 hours of listening time, and 40-48 hours of burn in.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back