Campfire - Solaris
Nov 11, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #1,351 of 12,035
I

I just bought a DM6 and I would have to disagree with that.
Out of the box for the 1s ten hours it was choking on itself. And after a straight 4 day burn, it is really nice to listen to.
Huge transformation.
Its a 5 BA iem.

Alain, that could also be by way of the crossover components being burnt in.

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #1,353 of 12,035
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #1,356 of 12,035
I haven’t hear the Andromeda yet, a bit hole in my personal IEM culture but might fix that down the line... the lower treble of the Solaris is where the sweet stuff is as well :)

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #1,357 of 12,035
I haven’t hear the Andromeda yet, a bit hole in my personal IEM culture but might fix that down the line... the lower treble of the Solaris is where the sweet stuff is as well :)

You should, when it came out, it was a bit of a revelation. Straight out, it beat the K10 (not the encore), while costing quite a bit less.

Sadly, I'll need to wait till December before my local dealer shop has one for demo, I'm strongly against blind buying and will do an A/B with Andromeda (standard) and will go from there.

As I know we have a lot of Andro owners in this site, I'll put my impression here and also in the Andro Thread.

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #1,358 of 12,035
You should, when it came out, it was a bit of a revelation. Straight out, it beat the K10 (not the encore), while costing quite a bit less.

Almost jumped on B stock a few months back then heard about the Andro S and I must say from the differences reported, I’d probably like them more than the vanilla Andro. Strangely none so far at Paris meetups :-\

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #1,359 of 12,035
Almost jumped on B stock a few months back then heard about the Andro S and I must say from the differences reported, I’d probably like them more than the vanilla Andro. Strangely none so far at Paris meetups :-\

The man himself has stated that it is mainly the same, The S version have some slight elevation in the mids and that is responsible for the difference in how the treble sounds compared to the other frequencies.

Some people has stated that they don't feel the treble sparkle as strongly in the S compared to the standard tuning, for me that is a negative, however I sometimes want a very tiny bit more mids in my Andro.
The S is a sidegrade for sure.

Earlier, it was said that he was comparing the treble of Solaris to The Andro S, and preferred the treble in Andro S (which is already a tiny bit less compared to my standard Andro).
With that said, I'll let my ears be the judge.

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #1,360 of 12,035
Let's put this this way -> Solaris Treble is neutral just like everything else. Andromeda is bright. That's my opinion.

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #1,361 of 12,035
Lets not forget that androS is made of stainless steel, which is a far denser material (therefore supposedly less prone to vibration, box resonance, etc) compared to aluminum on the standard andro or solaris (?).. so (who knows) some sound signature might change as a result..

Note: this is based on my experience with stereo home equipments.. have only just started with iems.. cheers

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #1,362 of 12,035
Lets not forget that androS is made of stainless steel, which is a far denser material (therefore supposedly less prone to vibration, box resonance, etc) compared to aluminum on the standard andro or solaris (?).. so (who knows) some sound signature might change as a result..

Note: this is based on my experience with stereo home equipments.. have only just started with iems.. cheers

Pretty sure I recall reading that the Andro S was retuned for some reason pretty close to that - the SS housing sounded different to the aluminium shell in the midrange, so needed tweaking to get back to a desired SQ/frequency response.

A few IEM manufacturers like Flare Audio use different shell composition with the same driver to subtly tweak the overall sound (their new Jet series are a good example - the three models all sound a little different based on which shell material is used, despite all having an identical driver setup).

*EDIT* By tweaking, I mean that the Andro S actually uses a different BA driver for the mids.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #1,363 of 12,035
How did you like it?

Purchased the BGVP DM6 in solid black about an hour ago. Pretty cool sound, and maybe it even gets better with crossover burn-in. A ton of sound for $199. Cable is nice too. Pretty much went on demo mode of a couple KZs and a big portion of the “TFZ” line; King Pro and Queen, Secret Garden. Also....tried out the FiiO FH5 too. Probably the DM6 was the best. Also the Magaosi K5 was nice but didn’t maybe get as low as you would want, missing the bass impact the DM6 does easy.

DM6 had a better integration in the bass department than what TFZ could do I thought. Also the TFZ cables were really thin. I’ll probably have to get the Solaris too, after reading this thread. Hope to have em in a shop soon. Purchased the Magaosi K5 2.0 (cable-upgrade)in clear yesterday.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back