Campfire - Solaris
Oct 29, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #316 of 12,035
I don't know anything about cars, but if I'm not mistaken the ones you mentioned are luxury products. I hope IEMs will not get this status anytime soon.

I feel that IEMs and other totl headphones, amps, dacs, etc above a certain price point are luxrury products. Check out the summit fi section. There's a lot of expensive headphones, source, and amps in that section and many people buy them. I might have gone that route too, but I suffer from severe chronic pain in my neck and shoulders, and full sized headphone make my neck and shoulders ache even ore Maybe only the Mr Speakers Ether 2 might work for me, but I've sold off most of my full sized headphone and am going all out on IEMs. I'm still in the $2,000 maximum price range for now until I feel that I need to upgrade to even crazier and more expensive items. I truly hope that the Solaris is the Z1R, LX, and Fourte killer then i'tll really be a bargain.

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #317 of 12,035
I am so eager to get some news on my early friday order, anyone has had updates on theirs so far?

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #319 of 12,035
I feel that IEMs and other totl headphones, amps, dacs, etc above a certain price point are luxrury products. Check out the summit fi section. There's a lot of expensive headphones, source, and amps in that section and many people buy them. I might have gone that route too, but I suffer from severe chronic pain in my neck and shoulders, and full sized headphone make my neck and shoulders ache even ore Maybe only the Mr Speakers Ether 2 might work for me, but I've sold off most of my full sized headphone and am going all out on IEMs. I'm still in the $2,000 maximum price range for now until I feel that I need to upgrade to even crazier and more expensive items. I truly hope that the Solaris is the Z1R, LX, and Fourte killer then i'tll really be a bargain.

It doesn't take much to kill the Forte. It's not that special because of it's price. Sure it's resolving and open but so is the Zeus and that went on Massdrop recently for $1k.
Forte has a garbage midrange. It's very uneven. It's not even funny that A12t is objectively a much better IEM than Forte. When I had these for a week, I described the midrange to my friend as 'Wanting to sneeze but the sneeze just does not come out'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 29, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #320 of 12,035
It's interesting that people are bothered by the increased price point of the Solaris while CA is also extending its price range in the other direction with the Comet.
What does one have to do with the other? Does the Comet sound like the Solaris?

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #321 of 12,035
What does one have to do with the other? Does the Comet sound like the Solaris?

I think what he meant was, nobody complains when Campfire extends the range in the lower price tier but when they expand the upper tier some complain... if I am not mistaken.

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #324 of 12,035
Oh my god my Solaris order has been shipped!

I am so happy :D

poounagmjHXJ5N2HTuy3MmJm8sGbf3.png

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #326 of 12,035
How exciting!!! Looking forward to your impressions.

I so did not expect this... although I knew I was one of the earlier orders friday 26th 9:34am but my... this is sweet as it will arrive in time for my birthday!!!

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #328 of 12,035
Congrats @davidmolliere !!! do let us know how you'll find them!

Trust me, you will know!
Now there will be burn in time required but still first impressions will come... and now that I have written my first review for the CL2, I plan on writing one for the Solaris when I have had enough time with them :)

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #329 of 12,035
Oh my god my Solaris order has been shipped!

I am so happy :D

So happy for you dude! Plus I was getting tired of reading you ask for updates on shipping to Europe. Lol, just kidding.

I hope you end up loving them. And of course, let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #330 of 12,035
So happy for you dude. Plus I was getting tired of reading you ask for updates on shipping to Europe.
Lol, just kidding. I hope you end up loving them. And of course, let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Yeah I know I have been... persistent :p
Now at least fellow europeans know that Solaris can be ordered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back