Campfire - Solaris
Nov 15, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #11,506 of 12,035
Well I am using Solaris Classic, so it worse then 2020..
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/campfire-audio-solaris-impressions-thread.896460/post-15348297

Even if Hiss detected, it will be waterfall...
Best will demo it urself, but I know, in this kind of time it will be difficult... well don't choose if you still hesitate...
I'd love to do a audition, but I don't think I'll find a dealer in Seattle with SP1KM. To be honest, I've been really frustrated with the solution to hissing, most DAPs have this problem, and the few that don't are either overpriced or have a tuning style I don't like... Anyway, thank you for your answer.

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #11,507 of 12,035
I'd love to do a audition, but I don't think I'll find a dealer in Seattle with SP1KM. To be honest, I've been really frustrated with the solution to hissing, most DAPs have this problem, and the few that don't are either overpriced or have a tuning style I don't like... Anyway, thank you for your answer.
I see.. please take a look at dongle... I find the newest is black background...
I did tried Lotoo Paw S1, ibasso DC04, etc...
at least just a back up while u search for SPKM...
just suggestion

sometime hiss can be also indicator of better dynamic sounding in Solaris (only using Solaris)... and enjoy the song...

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #11,508 of 12,035
I see.. please take a look at dongle... I find the newest is black background...
I did tried Lotoo Paw S1, ibasso DC04, etc...
at least just a back up while u search for SPKM...
just suggestion
Yes, dongles are good choices. I actually have an L&P W2, and it is indeed completely dark background. But it's true that compared to a decent DAP it still doesn't sound quite good enough.

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #11,509 of 12,035
Check out the Sony WM1A/Z. With MrWalkman's custom firmware you can change the tuning to your liking.

The only noise/hiss I hear is in the recordings and only on very quiet passages.

Nov 15, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #11,510 of 12,035
Check out the Sony WM1A/Z. With MrWalkman's custom firmware you can change the tuning to your liking.

The only noise/hiss I hear is in the recordings and only on very quiet passages.
Dude, you forget that I asked the question of hissing WM1A a few weeks ago, and you replied to me.

Nov 15, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #11,511 of 12,035
Yes, dongles are good choices. I actually have an L&P W2, and it is indeed completely dark background. But it's true that compared to a decent DAP it still doesn't sound quite good enough.
have you try the dongle pair to Laptop or PC or larger device than smartphone..?
My exp for using dongle using laptop give better Soundstage then using direct from smartphone...

Nov 15, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #11,512 of 12,035
have you try the dongle pair to Laptop or PC or larger device than smartphone..?
My exp for using dongle using laptop give better Soundstage then using direct from smartphone...
I have tried W2 to pair to my laptop. To be honest there is no difference with my phone.

Nov 25, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #11,516 of 12,035
I was intetested on buy Solaris og. Do you think that its a good option or can choose something better on 600$ range? Thanks.
Solaris OG is a crazy good value at $600. But it really depends on your musical preferences. If you like rock, metal, jazz, classical, more of an organic instrumentation, it's great. If you are more EDM and pop, there could be better options, possibly.

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #11,517 of 12,035
Solaris OG is a crazy good value at $600. But it really depends on your musical preferences. If you like rock, metal, jazz, classical, more of an organic instrumentation, it's great. If you are more EDM and pop, there could be better options, possibly.
I hear all type of music. Basically Rock and Pop, Latin music like salsa and Edm too:$

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #11,518 of 12,035
I hear all type of music. Basically Rock and Pop, Latin music like salsa and Edm too:$
You'll probably like it, but keep in mind I like Solaris OG better than a slew of $1500+ IEM's, so I am pretty biased based on my listening library.

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #11,520 of 12,035
I was intetested on buy Solaris og. Do you think that its a good option or can choose something better on 600$ range? Thanks.
I got the solaris for 650.

I think its a solid deal, imo that's where it should be priced (but I think iems are crazy overpriced personally). Relative to the market that's a great deal. There is nothing close to the Solaris in the $600 range imo, some might argue moondrop offerings, I havent heard them, but the build quality is bunk. Id rather have an iem for $600 that'll last a decade than some plastic shell glued together which will be utterly destroyed in a year or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back