[QUOTE =“ Sound Eq,post:15813260,member:381059”]
這些貼紙會做什麼
[/引用]
telos quamtum
Sekiseki powder production Shirako red line performance
FE8B687F-F0EA-4C23-9223-462E62C58781.jpeg
and, can you elaborate on what this will do

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #9,858 of 12,035
Are there no hardware differences between the 1A and the 1Z (apart from the chassis materia and internal storage)?
MrWalkman found that the sound tuning is different between the models. So they have different hardware and different tuning. His Chameleon firmware will allow you to switch the model so that a WM1A will be seen as a WM1Z and can use it's tuning and vice versa. He also has an enhanced firmware, WM1AZ+ that changes the default tuning for either model.

I took one of my WM1A's and used Chameleon to switched it to a 1Z and the sound is now very close to my 1Z. The only differences in sound is due to the hardware differences. Besides the different case and wiring, there might be a couple of other changes on the mainboard, capacitors maybe. I don't remember off the top of my head.

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #9,859 of 12,035
For those of you using the Solaris 2020 with the Sony WM1A, do you use low or high gain? I can't really decide.
I found that low gain is more balanced across the frequency range, but also seems thinner. High gain seems to have weight/body, especially in the mid-bass upper-bass, but less clarity in the mids. (I'm using the single-ended output. Still saving up for a balanced cable.)

I'm always on high gain, both single and balanced. It doesn't sound as smooth as on low gain, but it sounds more punchy and I like that.

Hardly use the single end tho. Mines a Japan firmware v3.01 wm1a.

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #9,860 of 12,035
ah.. Yes... probably, I would love to go to Oregon, to learn...

anyway, SPKM is above good DAP, high quality build, one of most stable UI DAP I had expirenced, streaming apps executed nicely (online or offline) , warm DAP with high technically detail that make Solaris seems laid back.... in SQ wise, not my cup of tea. well this is based on my 3rd times trying... still not impressing for me....
Dynamic can be reach by increasing Volume, but that's not what i am aiming...
Again, this is just my Impression demoing this...
May I ask you whether you have many software issue with your DX220? I am planning to buy either a Solaris or Andromeda to pair with DX 220 or Cayin N6 II. Just don't want to spend too much again for another AK player but they do have black background. thank you!

Aug 21, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #9,861 of 12,035
May I ask you whether you have many software issue with your DX220? I am planning to buy either a Solaris or Andromeda to pair with DX 220 or Cayin N6 II. Just don't want to spend too much again for another AK player but they do have black background. thank you!
Yes, you may...

software issued... currently No, I don't any issued with DX220 Software.
It will be not as fast as current Smartphone UI.
Even I am using Mango OS (not android OS), and alrd accepted that I hear and aim the good quality music.
And if you want a more smooth exp UI, Lurker0 addon and Fidelizer Adv Purist can help you, both stabilize the CPU usage, especially on Android OS.
DX220 has two OS, the original Mango OS (only for music playing), and Android OS (need to install Lurker0 first, then can install UAPP, Tidal, Spotify etc).
And interestingly, the different OS will give you slighty different Sound Sig, especially in Mid/Vocal.

Off course N6ii will be better in term of UI exp. And if you aim more on technically and black background, u should give Cayin some weight. had and always love Cayin products.

Both DAP have capabilities to swift, Cayin for the DAC section (ESS, AKM, or Cirrus), while Ibasso (DX220) for AMP section (AMP1 to AMP9).

Both work well on Solaris and Andromeda.

I hope you have the time to demo ALL...

IMO, you should decide the IEM you prefer first...
Since ur preferable sound sig will be define by it. The rest will be a synergy search pairing...
Solaris (any model) is quite source transparent to DAP, song file, cable etc... so mixed and match will be something exciting to exp... I known because I have and willing to exp that again...

Hope you get what you desire...

Aug 21, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #9,862 of 12,035
Yes, you may...

Even I am using Mango OS (not android OS), and alrd accepted that I hear and aim the good quality music.
And if you want a more smooth exp UI, Lurker0 addon and Fidelizer Adv Purist can help you, both stabilize the CPU usage, especially on Android OS.
DX220 has two OS, the original Mango OS (only for music playing), and Android OS (need to install Lurker0 first, then can install UAPP, Tidal, Spotify etc).
And interestingly, the different OS will give you slighty different Sound Sig, especially in Mid/Vocal.

Off course N6ii will be better in term of UI exp. And if you aim more on technically and black background, u should give Cayin some weight. had and always love Cayin products.

Both DAP have capabilities to swift, Cayin for the DAC section (ESS, AKM, or Cirrus), while Ibasso (DX220) for AMP section (AMP1 to AMP9).

Since ur preferable sound sig will be define by it. The rest will be a synergy search pairing...
Solaris (any model) is quite source transparent to DAP, song file, cable etc... so mixed and match will be something exciting to exp... I known because I have and willing to exp that again...

This makes me enjoy the Sony WM1 so much more.

Aug 21, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #9,864 of 12,035
Yes, you may...

Thank you so much for your elaboration. This is so helpful. I

I am leaning to get a Cayin N6 II for a better UI experience but i believe N6 II might have an issue with hissing based on other online reviews.

Since I am unable to find a local store to try it out, I am relying on review from the forum which is not the best as we have different preferences.

I like both Solaris and Andromeda and I heard Unique Melody MEST (with bone conduction) is quite an excellent IEM for diverse musical taste.

I totally agree that I should pick the IEM with my preferred sound signature, then paring up with a DAP, cable etc.

Many thanks :)

Aug 21, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #9,865 of 12,035
Thank you so much for your elaboration. This is so helpful. I

I am leaning to get a Cayin N6 II for a better UI experience but i believe N6 II might have an issue with hissing based on other online reviews.

Since I am unable to find a local store to try it out, I am relying on review from the forum which is not the best as we have different preferences.

I like both Solaris and Andromeda and I heard Unique Melody MEST (with bone conduction) is quite an excellent IEM for diverse musical taste.

I totally agree that I should pick the IEM with my preferred sound signature, then paring up with a DAP, cable etc.

Many thanks :)
Glad to help... Good luck with the hunt... it is always enjoyable to exp something new...

IMG-20200822-WA0000.jpg

dont over think about DAP or Cable etc...

Now, I am back to basic again. just use Samsung Note 8 (Enyxos), UAPP with Alo SPC Litz SE. and enjoy the music...
But u must invest time on eartip, its a must for Solaris... Cheers...

Aug 21, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #9,866 of 12,035
Glad to help... Good luck with the hunt... it is always enjoyable to exp something new...

IMG-20200822-WA0000.jpg

Now, I am back to basic again. just use Samsung Note 8 (Enyxos), UAPP with Alo SPC Litz SE. and enjoy the music...
This is quite true - enjoy the music.
Sometime we are chasing gears - we all want the new shiny objects :)
Have a good weekend

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #9,867 of 12,035

IMG-20200822-WA0000.jpg

And you must invest in getting some glass screen protectors. :wink:

Aug 24, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #9,870 of 12,035
Hey Guys,

Have anyone heard of Fake Solaris around? (I know we had some problems with Andro and Vega)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back