Campfire - Solaris
Jun 10, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #9,271 of 12,035
They sound great from my initial listening. Paired with the Sp2k copper at the moment

Jun 12, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #9,272 of 12,035
I sent 2 emails and they didn't reply me for a few days. But when I asked for a refund today, they reply in about half an hour lolz. Maybe they were out of stock ? Im not sure but when I ordered last week, it was still in stock and I ordered with overnight shipping.
For me, customer service is very important. Im doing business too. I never ignored my customer like that, even in this covid19 situation right now.
Well with the refund they gave to me today, I ordered the solaris 2020 again on Bloom Audio. They will ship today and it will deliver to me on Thursday.

Best to deal w/ retailers for customer service as a consumer. That's their competitive advantage (service) where as manufacturers are stretched being focused on actual manufacturing + R&D, Q&A, etc.

Jun 12, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #9,273 of 12,035
I got a refund from CA and bought it again from a authorized seller. I got it yesterday but so disappointed when I opened the box. I know its not seller fault cus the box is sealed and he didn't know how it looked inside. Im disappointed cus why this one could pass QC. It should be a b-stock or something. Well the seller said he is out of stock now, new stock will come in next 2 weeks and he will exchange for me. I will wait then cus it sounds great.

Screenshot_20200611-112656_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200611-112723_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200611-112801_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200611-112847_Gallery.jpg

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #9,274 of 12,035
I got a refund from CA and bought it again from a authorized seller. I got it yesterday but so disappointed when I opened the box. I know its not seller fault cus the box is sealed and he didn't know how it looked inside. Im disappointed cus why this one could pass QC. It should be a b-stock or something. Well the seller said he is out of stock now, new stock will come in next 2 weeks and he will exchange for me. I will wait then cus it sounds great.

Screenshot_20200611-112656_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200611-112723_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200611-112801_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200611-112847_Gallery.jpg

That's messed up. Could you unscrew to open and realign and screw back in? :)
My first 2020 was also bad as the volume on right side earpiece was noticeably lower than left side.
I returned to authorized US reseller for a full refund as they were out of stock but it's been over two
weeks since they received my defective IEMs but no update from them after several requests made.

I am about to file a Paypal dispute to get my money back. They boast about their 365-days return policy
but they can't even get the normal RMA process right.

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #9,275 of 12,035
currently have the andromedas - which i love
got to try my friends OG solaris today - while it has more bass than the andros, i was expecting a bit more
what would the clear next step? i love the solaris' detail and clarity + that soundstage, but i think i might've overhyped myself reading about the bass from the solaris

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #9,276 of 12,035
got to try my friends OG solaris today - while it has more bass than the andros, i was expecting a bit more
what would the clear next step? i love the solaris' detail and clarity + that soundstage, but i think i might've overhyped myself reading about the bass from the solaris

Legend x

Jun 12, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #9,278 of 12,035
Jun 12, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #9,279 of 12,035

U12T is good.

Jun 12, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #9,280 of 12,035
U12T is good.
How's the u12t compared to the trio?

I tried the trio for about 7 hours and I found the Solaris bass more favorable than the trio

Jun 12, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #9,281 of 12,035
How's the u12t compared to the trio?

I tried the trio for about 7 hours and I found the Solaris bass more favorable than the trio

Trio is more v-shaped than u12t and has better bass imho. u12t has great bass "for a BA" and is a good IEM if you're really after speed, detail and resolution and aren't attached to DD bass. Honestly since you've already passed over the Trio your 2 best options at this point imho are the Legend X or Sony IER Z1R.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #9,282 of 12,035
That's messed up. Could you unscrew to open and realign and screw back in? :)
My first 2020 was also bad as the volume on right side earpiece was noticeably lower than left side.
I returned to authorized US reseller for a full refund as they were out of stock but it's been over two
weeks since they received my defective IEMs but no update from them after several requests made.

I am about to file a Paypal dispute to get my money back. They boast about their 365-days return policy
but they can't even get the normal RMA process right.
Nah I don't wanna do that cus it may void the warranty. Im still debating between wait for replacement or exchange for different iem cus my experience with CA is very bad this time.
Did you buy from headphones ? If me, i will dispute.

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #9,283 of 12,035
Nah I don't wanna do that cus it may void the warranty. Im still debating between wait for replacement or exchange for different iem cus my experience with CA is very bad this time.
Did you buy from headphones ? If me, i will dispute.

Yeah, I am really not sure if I will ever deal with them. If you have to file a paypal dispute to get your money back,
that is already messed up. Not a good experience. It's just my thinking but CA might have rushed the production on high
demands at later stage. The 2nd solaris 2020 I got which is working fine had the serial 1xx but the defective one I received
had higher serial 7xx. What started as normal production with a good QA turned to let's get these out the door asap???

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #9,284 of 12,035
I am really envious of people who can enjoy LX. Its imaging was out of this world with organic yet highly
emotional sound signature but I couldn't stand it for more than two days due its extreme bass frequencies.
The bass was so good but just toooooo much. Even the PEQ couldn't fix the skewness in lower frequency.
I wanted a similar sounding IEM as LX and found Oriolus which also has excellent imaging yet has a normal
level of bass.

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #9,285 of 12,035
lol isn't this like 3 steps up bass-wise?

Yes, but it can be tamed very nicely with a silver cable. I went with the Thor Silver II, and my LXs are now about as close to Campfire Ears Solaris X as I'm ever gonna get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back