1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire - Solaris

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. ExpatinJapan
    Ribbed for pleasure

Kenneth Galang, mochifi, Bosk and 2 others like this.
  2. beowulf
    I'm curious about it. The problem is that the Andromeda has partially ruined the fun of the hunt for me. It's so good and well-matching my sonic preferences that the urge to "get better" has been strongly diminished.

W4lt and ExpatinJapan like this.
  3. davidmolliere
    That's a good place to be :pray:

4. KB Contributor
    I did a lot of testing on the fit, The fit on the Solaris and its design. This design was made to fit a much wider variety ear shapes and depths. The neck is longer than our other IEMs so if you require a deeper insertion this with allow for the main body of the IEM to not rub or cause sore spots, the main body is pulsed back just a bit. This was the main issue a small percentage of customers said that the Andromeda was not a perfect fit. If you do not have a ear shape that requires a slightly or deeper fit then the Solaris will just have more of appearance of it sticking out a little further. Also the sculpting on the body of the shell, I think someone made a funny and called it "ribbed", these sculpting lines are not a issue.

I agree with your observations, visually it does "look" like it might not fit so well but when people put them in they are almost always like, "oh wow great fit" so we hope this works for more people. Of course as I have said in the past a "universal fit" IEM is almost never fully universal.

Thanks

Ken

ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.aloaudio.com/
    mochifi, papa_mia, Colors and 16 others like this.
  5. subguy812
    I find the design interesting. I had zero issues with the Atlas and this fit looks like it would be even better to my ears. CA is really doing some progressive stuff these days. Hats off to ya!

6. davidmolliere
    superuser1 likes this.
  7. Colors
    Nice! I like deeper (ha) insertion. The Andromeda was a little too shallow and fell sideways sometimes. I notice the S stayed better in the ears.

8. MrPretty
  9. mochifi
    A square case this time, and the super litz cable was legit! Also nice to see Campfire Audio including earphone sleeves as part of the package, which I would've liked to have with the Andros.

The left/right engravings on the shell are a neat touch too :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  10. BananaOoyoo
    Interesting... so that's the high/mid BA setup from the Andromeda and the DD from the Atlas? Very interested in seeing how this turns out!

11. Audiophonicalistic
    Great job cfa. I have purchased 3 iem from you. Maybe I will purchase another. This one looks sweet.

BananaOoyoo likes this.
  12. davidmolliere
    Looks very promising indeed!
    I would have liked an option to get the cable in 2.5 balanced (or 4.4)

Now I want those first impressions from reviewers @twister6 and @Jackpot77 :wink:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    BananaOoyoo likes this.
  13. AxelCloris Administrator
    CA Solaris-07504.jpg

The Solaris certainly knows how to show off for the camera, that's for sure. It looks great from any angle.

bluebair, Deftone, papa_mia and 5 others like this.
  14. davidmolliere
    Nice pic!

bluebair likes this.
  15. AxelCloris Administrator
    Thank you! I'm saving the best stuff for an upcoming video. :wink: I think there are going to be a lot of people falling in love with the Solaris in Tokyo this weekend.

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last