Campfire - Solaris
Oct 25, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #62 of 12,035
I'm curious about it. The problem is that the Andromeda has partially ruined the fun of the hunt for me. It's so good and well-matching my sonic preferences that the urge to "get better" has been strongly diminished.

Oct 25, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #63 of 12,035
I'm curious about it. The problem is that the Andromeda has partially ruined the fun of the hunt for me. It's so good and well-matching my sonic preferences that the urge to "get better" has been strongly diminished.

That's a good place to be :pray:

Oct 25, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #64 of 12,035
yeah...same here.

I did a lot of testing on the fit, The fit on the Solaris and its design. This design was made to fit a much wider variety ear shapes and depths. The neck is longer than our other IEMs so if you require a deeper insertion this with allow for the main body of the IEM to not rub or cause sore spots, the main body is pulsed back just a bit. This was the main issue a small percentage of customers said that the Andromeda was not a perfect fit. If you do not have a ear shape that requires a slightly or deeper fit then the Solaris will just have more of appearance of it sticking out a little further. Also the sculpting on the body of the shell, I think someone made a funny and called it "ribbed", these sculpting lines are not a issue.

I agree with your observations, visually it does "look" like it might not fit so well but when people put them in they are almost always like, "oh wow great fit" so we hope this works for more people. Of course as I have said in the past a "universal fit" IEM is almost never fully universal.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 26, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #65 of 12,035
I find the design interesting. I had zero issues with the Atlas and this fit looks like it would be even better to my ears. CA is really doing some progressive stuff these days. Hats off to ya!

Oct 26, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #66 of 12,035
Oct 26, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #67 of 12,035
I did a lot of testing on the fit, The fit on the Solaris and its design. This design was made to fit a much wider variety ear shapes and depths. The neck is longer than our other IEMs so if you require a deeper insertion this with allow for the main body of the IEM to not rub or cause sore spots, the main body is pulsed back just a bit. This was the main issue a small percentage of customers said that the Andromeda was not a perfect fit. If you do not have a ear shape that requires a slightly or deeper fit then the Solaris will just have more of appearance of it sticking out a little further. Also the sculpting on the body of the shell, I think someone made a funny and called it "ribbed", these sculpting lines are not a issue.

I agree with your observations, visually it does "look" like it might not fit so well but when people put them in they are almost always like, "oh wow great fit" so we hope this works for more people. Of course as I have said in the past a "universal fit" IEM is almost never fully universal.

Thanks

Ken

Nice! I like deeper (ha) insertion. The Andromeda was a little too shallow and fell sideways sometimes. I notice the S stayed better in the ears.

Oct 26, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #69 of 12,035
A square case this time, and the super litz cable was legit! Also nice to see Campfire Audio including earphone sleeves as part of the package, which I would've liked to have with the Andros.

The left/right engravings on the shell are a neat touch too :)

Solaris-3-1400x1400.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #70 of 12,035
Oct 26, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #72 of 12,035
Looks very promising indeed!
I would have liked an option to get the cable in 2.5 balanced (or 4.4)

Now I want those first impressions from reviewers @twister6 and @Jackpot77 :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #74 of 12,035

Users who are viewing this thread

Back