Campfire Solaris vs Andromeda
Feb 19, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 19
As someone who has listened to both the Andromeda and Solaris, I prefer the Andromeda. The Solaris has a scooped out upper mids that tend to sound odd tonally. As a result, the female vocals in the music I listen to, which is mainly Jpop and Kpop, do not sound right. The Andromeda has a nice sparkle in the treble that complements the vocals, but its bass is muddy. I do think that Solaris has the edge in detail and serparation however. All listening was done through a Sony WM1A or an iPhone and Apple Dong.

That being said, I brought some of my friends that own both Andromedas and Solaris to the audio store so they can listen to the Hidtion Viento-B. At a much cheaper price, they are wondering why people would even consider the Solaris and Andromeda. As a result, many of my kpop friends have flipped their Solaris and Andromedas and have bought custom Viento-B. Also, I prefer the IER-M9 to both of those IEMs. I think it sounds better, at least for my music tastes, but at that price point, the Viento-B is a much better buy. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 19
As someone who has listened to both the Andromeda and Solaris, I prefer the Andromeda. The Solaris has a scooped out upper mids that tend to sound odd tonally. As a result, the female vocals in the music I listen to, which is mainly Jpop and Kpop, do not sound right. The Andromeda has a nice sparkle in the treble that complements the vocals, but its bass is muddy. I do think that Solaris has the edge in detail and serparation however. All listening was done through a Sony WM1A or an iPhone and Apple Dong.

That being said, I brought some of my friends that own both Andromedas and Solaris to the audio store so they can listen to the Hidtion Viento-B. At a much cheaper price, they are wondering why people would even consider the Solaris and Andromeda. As a result, many of my kpop friends have flipped their Solaris and Andromedas and have bought custom Viento-B. Also, I prefer the IER-M9 to both of those IEMs. I think it sounds better, at least for my music tastes, but at that price point, the Viento-B is a much better buy. Hope this helps!
Is the viento-B is also available in universal shape ???

Feb 19, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #5 of 19
@MrThorium tnx so much for your prompt answer,

I forgot to mention,
I'm a bit of a bass head,
I thought the Viento lacks bass quantity and it was Achille’s heel of the Viento sound signature...
what's the Bass Quantity of the Viento-B compared to the Solaris?

Feb 19, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #6 of 19
The Andro has a bit more upper sparkle but the Solaris bests it in every other regard imho. In a sense it really depends on what you're after and what you listen to. Solaris is a much more complete IEM to my ears. Issues with mid-range tonality have been greatly exaggerated and depending what you listen to you may not even notice it (I don't-- but it's worth pointing out that it's even less of an issue with the SE Solaris that I own). Best to try for yourself if you can.

Feb 19, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #7 of 19

I forgot to mention,
I thought the Viento lacks bass quantity and it was Achille’s heel of the Viento sound signature...

Viento-B has more subbass than the Solaris while the Solaris will have more midbass. The other Viento's don't have as much bass as the Viento-B. Solaris bass was average to me. It has a dynamic driver, but it sounds more like BA bass. I would even say that the A12T bests the Solaris in bass, detail, and separation. In my experience, the IER-Z1R has the best bass and it is nicely textured. I actually think it is the best sounding IEM for the music I listen to but unfortunately no custom.

Feb 19, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #8 of 19
I would even say that the A12T bests the Solaris in bass, detail, and separation.

Detail and speed yes but Solaris bass has better texture due to the DD (YMMV etc.)

Feb 19, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #10 of 19

I forgot to mention,

If you like bass: Solaris for sure!
In my opinion almost no BA earphone can simulate the air movement of a real dynamic driver bass - and the Andromeda is no exeption. Its tonality and treble detail is amazing, no question, and works great with many music styles, but as soon you listen to a genre that really plays with subbass effects (I listen to a lot of experimental electronic music and Ambient) you realize the Andromeda does not reach as deep. Also, to compensate that, midbass is boosted, which - imo - leads to slightly smeared lower mids. The Solaris definitely sounds more effortless in the deep frequencies while not loosing too much in the high frequencies.

Feb 19, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #12 of 19
thanks everybody...
got the same problem with the U12T,
I cannot find a reliable source here in EU...

I don’t know where in the UK you are, but if you’re anywhere in the South, hifiheadphones.co.uk is a good place to contact, I believe they’re the UK distributors. @Oscar-HiFi is the man to talk to, he’s really helpful

Feb 20, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #13 of 19
Solaris is tuned Andromeda tasty bass.
Stage is deeper but Andromeda's stage is wider.

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #14 of 19
I don’t know where in the UK you are, but if you’re anywhere in the South, hifiheadphones.co.uk is a good place to contact, I believe they’re the UK distributors. @Oscar-HiFi is the man to talk to, he’s really helpful

thank you,
in the UK -I live in Italy too- I'm up north (Chester),
too far to demo them before buying,
I have to decide between the only two sensible possibilities in EU,
Solaris (amazon) or U12T (hifiheadphones).

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #15 of 19
Have you listened to either of them? I owned the Solaris for a while - it's one that might have a few problems in terms of fit (well I certainly struggled anyway, and I'm not usually too fussy about universal fit IEMs)
It's probably worth asking for some opinions in flinkenick's flagship IEM thread - plenty of people discuss this type of stuff in there so if you're looking for direct comparisons, head there and be specific about exactly what you like/dislike and you should get some good advice there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back