Campfire Solaris vs Andromeda
Feb 20, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #17 of 19
I own both. If you listen to any form of electronic music and need decent bass, go with the Solaris out of the two. The Andromeda bass with electronic music is honestly pretty terrible. It’s typical BA bass that sounds boxy and very unnatural (to me at least). The Solaris is also relatively tame with bass, but the DD driver sounds a whole lot better than the Andromedas.

However If you listen to a lot of live, acoustic, instrumental music then that’s where the andromeda’s really shine. I think the mids have slightly more detail and body, and the sparkly/airy treble of the Andromeda’s are really hard to beat and quite a unique experience. The Solaris also has that airy treble, but I think the Andromeda does it a little better.

Keep in mind I haven’t owned the Solaris for long so I’m still getting to know it’s capabilities, but from what I’ve heard so far, it comes across as a more complete and balanced version of the Andromeda which will suit a wider variety of music. I mostly listen to electronic music so bass is very important to me and it’s the dealbreaker of the Andromeda, and the reason why I’ll be selling mine soon.

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #18 of 19
I just picked up 2nd hand CA Solaris and still have my V3 Andromeda set. The base is the biggest difference; DD Base just feels much more natural. Solaris is the more neutral IEM with a wider sound stage. The vocals and highs are slightly more tamed compared to Andromeda. None the less, the highs feel more extended and more gentle in the Solaris.
Also, the fit might be an issue; Andromeda fits me like a glove while Solaris is very bulky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back