Campfire Dorado 2020
May 21, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #1,261 of 1,452
I'm overjoyed at how much love these IEMs have been getting lately. For a while it seemed as though they might fade into obscurity unheralded...but it seems they're finally finding their audience.
Likewise, and thanks to you too, since I think it was you who first championed them and made me want to try a pair, as I'm sure many people on this thread would agree :D

May 21, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #1,262 of 1,452
Likewise, and thanks to you too, since I think it was you who first championed them and made me want to try a pair, as I'm sure many people on this thread would agree :D
+1. I have the Dorado 2020 purely because of @Rockwell75 just going on what he shared at the Watercooler.

May 22, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #1,263 of 1,452
I should add that, as far as I recall, I never did read any reviews of the Dorado 2020 and except for impressions on this thread, I still haven't. So I think the impressions and posts by @Rockwell75 may well have been the first things I really read about Dorado 2020!
Think I'm going to hunt down the reviews page for the Dorado 2020 on Head-Fi and read them, now that I'm very familiar with them. Should be interesting :D

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #1,264 of 1,452
Dunu Noble landed today bought specifically for Dorado.

These seem to take the bass to the next level, incrementally. Bought it mainly for the aesthetic though. Love it!

IMG_1395.jpg

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:43 PM Post #1,267 of 1,452
Jun 23, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #1,268 of 1,452
Jul 5, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #1,269 of 1,452
Jul 10, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #1,270 of 1,452
Hart Audio Cables built me a custom cable. I wanted a single-ear monitoring cable based on their PC-1 MMCX Balanced IEM Cable. I got a single contiguous cable, un-forked, no splitter, with one MMCX to their standard mini-XLR connector. I already have their multi-kit with the various single-ended and XLR connectors.

I’m listening to Constance Demby now and it’s a special experience. I don’t how they soldered the pin configuration, I just output a mono signal from the source. I’m deaf in one ear so it’s really convenient to have a comfortable single cable connected to one Dorado, currently powered by the tiny Earstudio Bluetooth device. Compact, lightweight, and all this sound.

I also have a few Hart Cables for my headphones and prefer them to most of the stock cables.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #1,271 of 1,452
I hear you and I agree that a good dac/amp makes a difference.

Just saying that statements like “much better” and “massive difference” dosen’t always make sense.

I’ve used some of my non-audiophile friends to test the Vega and Dorado. All of them could hear the difference between the two. Not everyone could tell the difference between iPhone > iem vs iPhone > Mojo2 > iem
Good question is

Do you think they answer they tell a difference because they don't want to offend

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #1,273 of 1,452
I'm really enjoying the dorado in these days, but as when I use lyra 2, I noticed an annoying "click" sound whenever I push the shell into the ear. Since dorado has a longer nozzle than lyra 2, with final tips after a while I started having some comfort issue, so I changed to comply foam, and well, I usually prefer sylicone tips, but that annoying noise is gone, comfort is great as well as the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back